Today marks day 33 of my Whole 30 journey and I am super excited to share my results. I apologize in advance for the length of this post but happy to share. This is just the beginning of a new & healthier lifestyle.
Weight Lost: 13 pounds
Waist: down 3”
R Bicep: down .25”
Chest: down 1.75”
Hips: down 2.5”
R Thigh: down 2.5”
**21 visits to my crossfit gym & several PR’s hit #CrossfitCoMo
Secrets to success:
· Thoroughly read the Whole 30 materials online and book “It Starts with Food” prior to first day
· Carried the Whole 30 approved list while grocery shopping and asked Siri lots of questions while at the store
· Did Whole 30 with a friend. Shared recipes, shopping lists, even cooked together
· Signed up for Whole 30 daily email – so encouraging and great information at just the right times!
· Bought the Whole 30 Cookbook and tried so many wonderful & new recipes!
· Crossfit 3-5 times per week and PR’d several Olympic lifts (21 days in April to be exact)
· Willpower was spot on; I had committed to the Whole 30 on April 3 and knew I wasn’t budging or being defeated
· Went to the movies and brought nuts and club soda/lemon to eat/drink
· Always tried to stay prepared with a healthy snack or hard boiled eggs
· Drank SO MUCH WATER!
· Saved money on not eating out and alcohol!
What Could have gone better:
· Got out more. I stayed in most weekends and happily grocery shopped and cooked. Went to a concert and drank club soda. Otherwise, I stuck close to home most of the 30 days in order to not be tempted. Now I’m more confident that I can be tempted and still make the right decisions.
· Grocery shopping for Whole 30 is a bit expensive but worth it in my opinion
What I’ll do in the future, to keep doing better:
· Purchase the book “Food Freedom Forever”
· Shop at the Columbia Farmers Market
· Reintroduce foods as prescribed by the program
Continue with the healthy eating & really ask myself if I want the processed food or not (this is probably mainly in the area of wine, I'm a wine lover, but don't need to drink just because it's Friday, or because it's sunny outside, etc. etc.
What feels great:
· Clothes fit so much better
· Sleeping sound and getting 8 plus hours even on weekends
· Skin is clear and soft
· More energy and have PR’d several lifts at Crossfit this past month
· The food tastes so much better. I truly enjoy finding new compliant recipes and experimenting
Thank you Melissa and Dallas for sharing your knowledge with the world! I'm hooked!