The Whole30 after weight loss surgery?

What I finally settled on was the Bari-Pac my office sells. They used to use BA exclusively, but switched to this. I did have to add 2 digestive enzyme pills per meal and HCl in the AM (1 pill daily). If not, the lack of digestive enzymes creates food fermentation. I also just, as in yesterday, added a magnesium pill at night.

Today I say my Dr, sinus infection, and also got a symptomatic dx of Raynauds Disease--an autoimmune disease dx'd via sympotoms--and get to start the AIP asap. That being said, I completed my W30 without losing many pounds (5), but with a restructure in my size. Didn't see my mother over the W30, and she commented on my color improving. I hope that is due to better iron absorption. I will find out at the end of March when I have bloodwork drawn. The hardest part about the change in vitamins--they are flipping huge. I have to time them out with my eating so I can actually eat.

Awesome work! What are you having cravings for? Are you eating enough fat?

Chocolate.  I do miss it so.  And salty, crunchy fried things.  Preferably at the same time.  It's the usual suspects and for the usual reason. *coughs*  Ahem.  The joys of being a girl....

Fat is definitely not a problem.  My newfound love for homemade mayo has made sure of that. :-)  The thing I haven't had enough of is veggies but that's mostly down to my not planning well enough for all my meals.  Like I've said elsewhere, I'll get the hang of this eventually.   

• 1 year later...

Hello-

I had gastric sleeve on two years ago.  I found the Whole 30 and am prepping to begin on 12/1/16.  I am also concerned about the number of meals to eat when you only have a 1/2 cup capacity of food at one time.  I appreciate everyone's feedback so far.  Has anyone else had the sleeve and also completed the Whole30.  Looking forward to an exciting start to 2016!  Thanks!

Forget the meal sizes if you've had the surgery, just stick to the template in terms of ratios.

You may see people mention a "mini-meal", it's the same as a regular meal, just smaller in size.

Some people have particular problems with raw foods or cruciferous veggies (bloating, harder to digest), so you may want to keep a food diary.

Archived