Kombucha Makers Unite; Where to ask and be answered

kb0426

Oh lawdy. Then still fill with hot water to temper the glass, but bring other water to a boil. Dump hot water out and carefully fill bottles with boiling water. I say carefully because they can break if not tempered first. Let boiled water sit for 5-10 minutes. Label will peel right off. Use sticky side to remove leftover glue. Then resort to goof off.

I never have to resort to goof off. I am naturally good at it ;).

Kb, preparing to ship them? ;)

My offer stands!

I have perfect watermelon in my fridge and a bunch of mint growing on my window. I DON't HAVE A SINGLE BOTTLE. I think I will drink one bottle tonight just to make this flavor

Kb, deal!

Lol. I have sipped and hurridly sipped the rest for a new flavor. Don't tell anyone but I poured one out for the bottle. I didnt like the flavor..but still.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that I've read that metal lids are ok as long as they don't touch the liquid. Metal can actually erode. Just note that you will have to puree all the flavoring, so you can strain it without problems. No big deal I guess.

Susan, does your booch get fizzy after the first ferment? Mine is sparkling even prior bottling. I wonder if tea has anything to do with this. I am actually using plain black from Russian store. Maybe that's the pixie dust :D Green tea batch will give the answer.

Now question fro pro-s. What do you do with your new babies? I mean every week I am getting two new offsprings. Even if I keep two as a backup... I can sell them if I find enough booch enthusiasts here. My Dad has the same question. Are you throwing them away? Gasp.

Btw, for those who haven't seen, I am bragging. Daddy and his new yeastie friend!

null_zpsa2409007.jpg

Susan, look at these. I am dying. So flipping expensive for the pretty bottle.

null_zpsb0127d2a.jpg

• Like 2

I bought my booch from a market and the lady who made it said to just open the bottle to burp it.

It makes a little fizzy noise when I do if it needs burping. If it doesn't, it makes no noise.

I can feel the pressure release on the bottle, it's glass with a metal preserving type lid (like a large tall passata bottle).

I think a wine bottle with a screwcap (stelvin) seal would work, but might need more burping.

the seal on my bottle is tight sitting up, but she said not to store it lying down. Stelvins can usually lie down, but not sure if booch shouldn't.

I am pretty sure that I've read that metal lids are ok as long as they don't touch the liquid. Metal can actually erode. Just note that you will have to puree all the flavoring, so you can strain it without problems. No big deal I guess.

Susan, does your booch get fizzy after the first ferment? Mine is sparkling even prior bottling. I wonder if tea has anything to do with this. I am actually using plain black from Russian store. Maybe that's the pixie dust Green tea batch will give the answer.

Now question fro pro-s. What do you do with your new babies? I mean every week I am getting two new offsprings. Even if I keep two as a backup... I can sell them if I find enough booch enthusiasts here. My Dad has the same question. Are you throwing them away? Gasp.

Btw, for those who haven't seen, I am bragging. Daddy and his new yeastie friend!

null_zpsa2409007.jpg

Susan, look at these. I am dying. So flipping expensive for the pretty bottle.

null_zpsb0127d2a.jpg

Your Dad is so cute.

Dont buy those bottles. I paid a ton for 8 of them. Use your adorable GT bottles. Do you need more?

Do you have anything like Craig's List where you are? A "Free to good home" ad may help you get them used up.

I keep offering to send Nadia my empties for some full ones :) but I have a feeling Kombucha wouldn't ship too well :lol: .

• Like 1

Everyone is ignoring my baby theowing away question

Yes, I am out of GT Just drank cantaloupe one. Not a fan. Taste doesn't translate too well.

What baby tossing question?

Isn't it weird how flavors sound great but dont translate well?

I think this might be the diff between batch bree and continuous brew. My baby lived at the top of my vessel and mom lived at the bottom. So the baby got thicker..slowly. You can compost them.

Haha I think I have zero demand in my area of clubs and bars or banks and well more bars :) I think I should exchange scobies for bottles. Too bad I can't store them horizontaly. Wine bottle racks with booch. Booch cellars. Booch tasting tours :D

• Like 4

Haha I think I have zero demand in my area of clubs and bars or banks and well more bars I think I should exchange scobies for bottles. Too bad I can't store them horizontaly. Wine bottle racks with booch. Booch cellars. Booch tasting tours

Okay..you turned many offal haters into offal lovers. SCOBY love is so much easier oh pretty one. Ebay..that would be fun. I may pay the shipping just so I can get pixie dust SCOBY. :0)

• Like 2

SCOBY hotels are awesome!

I have 1 mama scoby in my hotel so far. I have my fingers crossed that the baby does a good job with my 2nd batch so that eventually, I can have 2 backup scobys in the hotel. :)