Kombucha Makers Unite; Where to ask and be answered

kb0426

I am dying from laughter here. Susan. Stop it (not really) ahahahahhaha

Serious - what's up with the plastic skirt for booch?

@Mo If I have access to computer I upload it to the photobucket. They have an app to, but it's useless for this forum since we can't have full editor. I bought a regular tapatalk thing. I wonder if we are using our storage similar to when you just attache a file here using it. I love your memes and hearts and everything.  I believe that Instagram extension works, but Flickr - no go, I've tried. 

I know Nadia..I cant stop. I am restraining myself right now. Just took Olivia for a quick walk and thought..would it be fun to show them the baseball fields, park and my car? Lawdy.

The skirt is the heat strip. It was in the 40s here. Now 50s with splashes of 80s. It's Oregon. :0)

• Like 2

I wish I had cute doggies to post pictures of :(  We've never lived somewhere where we can have a pet, and on occasion I will trot out "if we don't get a cat soon, I will die".  As hubby pointed out to me the other day, I've been saying this for 10 years.  Death is probably not imminent.

Anyway, here is my pet substitute.  Does it look ok?  The edge on one side has decided to do some underwater diving.

CAM00108_zps8bf99eb0.jpg

This one shows the surface better:

CAM00109_zps143ec84f.jpg

The surface is so bumpy I thought maybe it is going through puberty and I should start expecting backchat and slammed doors.

Who needs a cat anyway?

Lol..glad you did not pass away from catlessness. Kind of reminds me of when my daughter told me that if I didn't let her have a bowl of sugar for breakfast, she would die. I am happy to report she is still with us.

SCOBY looks happy. Bumps and brown colors are from gasses and tannins from the tea.

• Like 1

Ok, so if we are sharing....picked up this lovely jar tonight, now to be patient and wait a week so my batches can be properly staggered (oolong batch started yesterday, cherry/ginger and strawberry/lime on second ferment). Cat for scale.

post-2484-0-24284700-1370307651_thumb.jp

• Like 3

MM, I'll take the cat. :) Very sleek looking jar.

Nadia, yours are so fancy. As my 88 yo mother says..you most probably won't be mortified if you are in an accident because your underwear will be cute.

• Like 1

Yay, I love showing off pictures!  Jars, SCOBYs and cats.  This is definitely my favourite thread.

My brewing jar has a 6 litre (about 1.5 gallon) capacity.  Any recommendations for amounts of water, sugar and tea bags?  I'll be using black tea.

Confession. Just decided to brew sweet tea for my 2 SCOBYs. My favorite thing is to dissolve the sugar into the strong tea and taste it before I add the other 8 cups of water. Well...I am keeping Derval company on a W 30 so I couldn't do it. I gave it to Olivia. :)

Percy the formula I use is 4 cups of water to 6 tsp of loose leaf tea (or 6 tea bags). I let it steep for ten minutes. Then I stir in 1 cup of sugar. After dissolving, I add it to 8 more cups of water. Boom..booch food.

• Like 3