Boyfriend Going to Attempt Diet

bnlauren

So.....my bf has going to try the Paleo diet... he's eaten all his hot pockets to get them out of the frig...... imagine his surprise when I told him he can't have those Steamer veggies you pop in the microwave because they're drenched in the mysterious non-paleo sauce and those Lloyd's baby back ribs he has marinating in a pack of bbq are a no-no also..... not sure if he's gonna make it......

Haha so many guys are like this! My BF would have failed every day if I wasn't feeding him all the rules. He refused to read the book so still doesn't understand the reasons behind many of the rules. I am very lucky (and grateful) he did it with me, but it was frustrating to have to keep saying "no, you can't have that!"

• Moderators

I know what you mean.....I didn't read the book but I do understand the rules here. What book did you read? I bought the Primal Book and will be reading that after I finish my current book.

You are looking at an older version of the Whole30. The current version is at http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/5-the-official-whole30%C2%AE-program/

Read through it carefully to get in sync with what we are doing today. :)

In the end, even if he isn't 100% compliant, he should notice positive changes. My husband has definitely started doing better since I did my Whole 30 and cleaned up my eating. He has never been 100% on any given day, but the switch from pasta and such at home has definitely helped. I don't sweat it if he adds a little soy sauce to the otherwise compliant stir fry, because at least he's not eating takeout! He's lost size around his middle and we both have had a resurgence in romance...

Archived