Support for people starting 6/10/13

This is it! I have been following the basic guidelines of the whole 30 for over a month now but now I am ready to start it seriously. My best friend is going to be my support throughout the whole thing.

Is anyone else planning on starting that day? I would love to have a support group going! 

:)

Emma 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you've all gone & inspired me to jump back in tomorrow as well, thank you! 

I completed a Whole30 in January, having been mostly Paleo-ish for a couple of months before that... i'm still mostly paleo-ish now, but my take on the 80/20 rule has turned out as 3 compliant meals & one immense afternoon chocolate binge  :wacko: not so good. I've kept on putting off doing another Whole30 & making excuses, but i think NOW is probably as good a time as any!

Me! Me! I'm starting today ... am in the UK so have already had breakfast (mmm roasted asparagus with poached eggs and a nectarine!) but have TOTALLY unsupportive husband (lovely in other ways though!) who I cater for. Have been eating mostly unprocessed food for a long while, though by no means paleo, and have been flirting with this for a while. The one thing I've never been willing to kick completely is the sugar habit (specifically chocolate and wine!), but 30 days feels manageable so here I am. Have three small children who are unbearably picky (mostly won't eat protein or veggies) so will also be handling lots of off-plan food. Still, quite excited about it. Want to lose weight -- have packed scales away today like a good girl -- at 5' 7'' currently around 12 stone (168 lbs) but mostly want to do it for health benefits. Having small children quite late (I'm 41 they are all under 6) has made me focus on wanting to live healthily for as long as possible! Also dealing with three elderly relatives who have not looked after themselves another motivator. So, that's me.

Starting today, too. Have been eating pretty clean due to February diagnosis of Celiacs, leaky gut, Hashimotos and adrenal issues. Sugar has been, by far, the hardest to cut of all...plus I have a list of other foods an allergy test indicated issues with, including corn and eggs. After spending the last 4mos desperately trying to figure this out on my own, searching the Internet for info and joining a million healthy eating blogs...I came across "it Starts With Food"...this seems it could be a huge lifesaver for me! I've done 5 day juice cleanses, which help "reset" but I will slip, mostly out of setting myself up with the same boring food choices or trying to make a good choice, only to find out almost immediately it wasn't and paying the price. I need a consistent, flavorful way to eat or the rest of my life! I also am not a person who "joins" these groups (more of a lurker, lol) but I need to step out of my comfort zone and get the support I need. My family is very supportive, but not interested at all in incorporating as strict an approach as I have to take. I appreciate any advice! I'm not going to lie...I'm a bit overwhelmed! Lol

Started today!

So glad I found this group.

Breakfast:

Egg fritatta with spinach, tomatoes

Blueberries

Lunch-TBD

Day 1 is in the works!

My biggest challenge will be wine and cocktails. It's summer, and my friends and boyfriend love going out. But it's only 30 days right?

I started a Whole24 (4th of july family trip so not a complete Whole30) with the first 10 days of following the Autoimmune Protocol today.  I completed my first Whole30 on may 2nd with great results and am looking forward to this next go round!  So glad to see so many other people starting today!  The support on these forums was key to me completing my first Whole30!  If this is your first time, don't be afraid to ask any questions because it's a lot to take in and can definitely be overwhelming!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Day 1 in the bag  :)

Breakfast was 3 duck eggs scrambled with some spring greens & hot sauce

Lunch was ginger citrus skillet chicken (from Everyday Paleo, leftover from the weekend) with some sweet potato "noodles"

Dinner was pineapple & bacon chilli with courgette noodles, & a few freshly made crispy pork rinds after.

Oh, and i've finally ordered myself a physical copy of ISWF, cos i'm fed up of trying to "flick" through it on Kindle  :P

How's everyone else doing?

About half way through day 1 over here. I ate more non-Paleo food this past weekend then I have in any single week since March 12th and boy do I feel groggy today. Hopefully a couple days of being on track will make me right as rain again. 

Day 1 done!

Lunch was chicken and with cabbage. Dinner was flank steak, cauliflower mash, and a small salad with Tessamae's. Heading to bed early too so I can do CrossFit tomorrow morning.

Only 29 days to go!

Hope everyone is surviving Day 1!

So....whole food approved deli turkey and blueberries for breakfast....lots of food prep today, 3lbs ground turkey breast and beef, tons of roasted veggies..asparagus, brussel sprouts, cauliflower/carrots/broc, two batches kale chips (recipe from nom nom paleo), kale salad (bals vin, olive oil, tj whole grain mustard), bags of cut up veggies, and turkey kabobs at dinner. Good first day and set for the week!

Had a good day with eating. Homemade turkey sausage, asparagus and avocado for breakfast. Salad with ground turkey, snow peas and avocado for lunch and dinner.

Not such a great day in general since I found out I lost my job. Gonna try to get a good nights sleep and hopefully tomorrow will be a good day all around!

Hi there....I started today, but starting day 1 tomorrow as I just read smoothies are not allowed. I'm allergic to eggs and avocados, so breakfast suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I've been trying to get off of sugar, I'm gluten sensitive, have some autoimmune issues and really need to get back in shape. I've been inspired by some friends that are following whole30 and ready to commit!

Hi there....I started today, but starting day 1 tomorrow as I just read smoothies are not allowed. I'm allergic to eggs and avocados, so breakfast suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Pork chops, apple sauce and grilled asparagus

Aidells Chicken Apple sausages with sweet potato hashbrowns

The longer you do this, the more creative you will become with the foods  :D I had to restart on Sunday (I had a bad cheat on day 12 & again on day 13).  Good luck and STAY STRONG so you dont have to start over like me!!!!  NOT that this has been hard - I just had a weak weekend!

I would love to join the group!  Re-starting as I didn't fall out of the wagon, but dangled a leg out and got roadrash on Day 10! Smoothies and cream are going to be the non-paleo items I wrestle with on the Whole30.  Had a good 10 days, but like andylouck1984, ready now to really get serious! Worth it though, as a reformed Weight Watcher, excited that I get to eat food, with flavor and everything and feel even better than ever! Excited to see when I truly commit what can happen...Energy has been good and sugar demon stifled! Good luck everybody!!! :rolleyes:

Day 1 went really well.  I had a tiny craving for something sweet after lunch but I basically GTHO of the kitchen and forgot about it.  Had a nagging headache all day, I've read that many here get those and we just have to power through.  I finally took Advil this afternoon.  I am keeping track of everything and blogging for the first time ever, about this, but instead of linking to it all the time I put it in my signature and am leaving it at that.

Are we using this as a support thread or was a group formed?  

Congratulations to the rest of you for making ti through Day 1!!!   

Started my Whole30 today as well. Would luv to join in on the support and info. Has anyone set other goals for themselves during their W30? The Day is coming to a close and it has been a success! (Side note; also quit nicotine today)

Started my Whole30 today as well. Would luv to join in on the support and info. Has anyone set other goals for themselves during their W30? The Day is coming to a close and it has been a success! (Side note; also quit nicotine today)

Nice work, Skyblue!  For other goals you asked about...I'm avoiding weight loss goals this first Whole30 but have a checklist to not eat while reading, working at desk, or watching TV.  And because I have a ginormous Sugar Dragon to slay I am limiting fruit to only in my Kale Smoothie (1 cup pineapple and half a lime)  

Again-nice work!!!! 

Archived