Support for people starting 6/10/13

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Making cocoa cauliflower at the mo - mmm it smells lush. Can't get my head round how close we are to the end and I can't decide what to do next and have no time to think about it, so think I will just carry on. I'm kind of in a groove, and it's a good one: how can eating like this not be good for you (and better than the alternatives)? Still no noticeable weight loss or zinging energy, but no weight gain either and my ankles are significantly down despite it being HOT (for the UK at least!) at the moment. It also appears I have cheered up a bit :)

Wow day 29. Feels like its been 10 years, hahahaha! I am not even tempted for any reintroduction groups but I still feel that mighty sugar dragon and don't think I should stop the strict whole30 yet, so I'll continue as planned.

+1 to that!

Breakfast - homemade sausage, 2 duck eggs scrambled in ghee with spinach, sauerkraut

Lunch - pumpkin coconut cashew curry & kale, with some extra coconut milk & cashew pieces

Dinner - pork chops with plum sauce (as in i cooked some onions & plums, not the bottled stuff), purple-sprouting broccoli, kale & sweet potatoes in some form or another.

Been feeling pretty good today, in spite of not sleeping very well last night - partly cos it was hot & partly because i could smell the chicken stock simmering in the slow cooker  :huh: The Perils of Paleo!

So glad you are feeling a bit better, Semolina!  If you are continuing on, join us on the new thread soon...Roz is bringing the mayo, hahahaha!   :ph34r:   

There is this really chicken part of me I didn't know I had that is really glad I am not stopping.  I am terrified of going backwards...was really low when I found Whole30.  Recognition that progress is still fragile + steely resolve.  Here' s to hoping that is a winning combo. 

Update:  All done with eating today, stayed compliant and I don't know about y'all but I feel a LOT better than this time last week in which I was certain an actual dragon made of sugar was going to abduct me.  My cravings were very strong then but I feel a distinct difference today and I think yesterday also.  Maybe turning a corner here.  IRFHS (I really freakin' hope so)

Day 30! I feel so much better, sleeping well, energy up and have enjoyed my creative meals. Never dreamed I'd eat califlower mash and avocado for breakfast! This has totally changed my way of thinking about food. I haven't missed wine or chocolate, my 2 evils...not going to reintroduce right away. Feeling to good to mess this up. I am ready to get on the scale tomorrow and see a lower number. I've struggled with my weight my whole life,, this will be the lifestyle change I can do and stick to! Thank you Whole9 and the book "It Starts With Food!"

Happy Day 30!  

Had an early power breakfast of local pork sausage, a whole zucchini sauteed, a sweet potato, and my raw 'kraut of course.  Green drink too.  

Lunch a BAS of various greens mixed with cucumbers and tomatoes diced and added, and taco meat over, and sweet potato. Delish.     

Dinner tonight will be tilapia, and a big serving of sauteed green & yellow squash and onions.  Probably kraut too.   

So tomorrow I will do body measurements, something I've never done, usually it's the scale.   Is there some method to follow or do I just pick widest points on arms, thighs, etc and measure away?  This will be useful as I start the next W30.  Thanks in advance-- hope y'all are having a good day.  

Wow - day 30. Prawn and coconut Kerala curry for me tonight with riced cauliflower. Yum. I'm feeling better and even like I might have lost half a pound! Be interesting to see how much I weigh tomorrow.

Sunnymama - yes, just measure widest part. I just did my waist and weight this time - don't think either have changed much. Am tired again today, but that's probably the heat. I'm baking cakes tonight and tomorrow which will be interesting to see hoe the sugar dragon behaves. I'm not terribly motivated to do it, which I take to be a good sign, and I've had chocolate in the house for a fee weeks now and I keep forgetting it's there (this has NEVER happened to me before!)

Whole30 complete - going to bed now! Thanks for all the support guys - this thread helped a lot. (Sunny and Roz- will prob drop in on new thread once I have cake-making done! Did one batch today without even being tempted to lick my fingers!)

Thanks everyone!  My W30 is complete and although I don't think I have lost weight, that was not my goal :)  I love the health and wellness that I have gained and if I can not count something and not gain weight, I'm in...Still planning another and not likely to reintroduce much.  I believe my body has converted to a fat burner, rather than carb burner, and don't wan to screw that up :) Workouts have been great!

Good luck to everyone as you move forward with whatever your post plans are!!! I have enjoyed the forum and going through this with you all! Kelly :)

Archived