Confused about heavy cream

scrapstitching

A friend recently started W30 and I recently ended my first W30. She said she whipped some heavy cream and ... well, my brain stopped right there. I recall that cream is dairy and dairy is verboten. I went back and read the Dairy Manifesto and the Whole 30 Program. And now I'm just not sure. 

The Dairy Manifesto:

"You may have noticed that we haven't expressed any specific concerns about dairy fat. We consider pastured, organic butter (especially when it's clarified) and heavy cream as generally healthy choices"

The Whole 30 Program:

"Do not eat dairy. This includes cow, goat or sheep's milk products such as cream, cheese (hard or soft), kefir, yogurt (even Greek), and sour cream… with the exception of clarified butter or ghee. (See below for details.)"

http://whole9life.com/2013/06/the-dairy-manifesto/ is where the first quote came from, dated June 3, 2013.

http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/ is where the second quote came from, dated August 1, 2012.

I have the book, but loaned it to a friend, so can't check that exactly, but i remembered no dairy except clarified butter and ghee. 

Yeah, heavy pastured cream is fine and Whole9 considers it a pretty healthy choice POST Whole30 (provided you tolerate it), but it's out for the Whole30.

Those don't contradict each other, they're just for different audiences

Yeah, heavy pastured cream is fine and Whole9 considers it a pretty healthy choice POST Whole30 (provided you tolerate it), but it's out for the Whole30.

Those don't contradict each other, they're just for different audiences

Thanks, I didn't note that distinction. I think I'm pretty much Whole30 for life. I went off for a week and wasn't happy with my reintroduction period. I'll try beans after a week, but suspect they're not going to work well for me either. 

Archived