Whole30 in Germany

germanlady

Whole 30 in Germany - Day 5 is done

Hello,

my name is Inga and I am living in Germany.

First, I want to beg your pardon, if I use words not in the right way, because I'm not an native english speaker.

I started whole30 last saturday, so now is day 5 done ( it is 10:00 pm here).

One year ago I changed my food to low carb and lost 44 lbs since then.

There are about 20 to 30 lbs more I want to loose.

My problem is, that I was still craving in the evening.

In my "high carb time" it were potato chips and chocolate, then, when I changed to low carb, it were nuts and cheese.

Maybe healthier then before, but I was impatient with that.

I heard about whole30 from a collague.

So I read the book and the remarks about the Leptin Resistence sounds very familiar to me. That was just my problem and I decided to start with the program.

It is not so difficult, because of my low carb experience.

I quit sugar one year before, I used sweeteers very seldom and I didn't eat grains and legumes since one year.

But I ate much cheese and butter and cream.

Now day 5 is done and since the first day I was not craving at all in the evening.

I am satiated and happy.

Good luck to everyone.

Inga

Hallo Tanja, hallo Birgit,

wie schön! Ich freue mich über einen Austausch.

Ist hier denn ein Post in Deutsch nicht vielleicht unhöflich?

Hier berichte ich in einem deutschsprachigen Forum von meinen Erfahrungen:

http://www.ketoforum.de/statistik-tagebuecher/42039-30-tage-30-naechte.html

Wollen wir uns da vielleicht austauschen?

I would like very much to share our experience.

As I think, the members in this forum will not appreciate an post in german, here is a link to a german forum, where I am telling about my experience with whole30.

Hope to see you there!

Today I had for breakfast an omelette with crabs and spinach, for lunch ground meat with sweet potatoes and scallions, for dinner ground meat with mushrooms, zucchini and some cashews.

It was everything very delicious, but I think, I had too much protein and not enough veggies.

And I had my dinner was too late, about 8:30 pm.

Good night

Inga

I think I will stay here - I don't think I can handle one more forum :)

How are you feeling? You are now on day 10, right?

Today I had for breakfast an omelette with crabs and spinach, for lunch ground meat with sweet potatoes and scallions, for dinner ground meat with mushrooms, zucchini and some cashews.
It was everything very delicious, but I think, I had too much protein and not enough veggies.
And I had my dinner was too late, about 8:30 pm.

I don't think it was too much protein, but maybe not enough veggies. Have you added in more?

When did you go to bed? 

Have a good day

Birgit

I too live in Germany.  I think I have problems adding enough veggies to my diet as well.  I eat eggs in morning with some veggies (like bell peppers and onions).  Sometimes I get a salad in.  I am on day 9.  I originally started on 8 July, but went to the Jazz Fest in Holland, and cheated.  Was not as easy as I thought when you are out in an event like that.  But I picked myself up. 

I am an American and while I am learning German, I am not so familiar with labels and places to get grassfed meats and almond oil and things like that in Germany.  The comissary on base does not have a wide variety of foods as I would expect to find if I shopped in the city.  It would be great if you all could advise me of places to go.  I am in the Ramstein area. 

I will definitely try the ground beef with mushrooms, zucchini and some cashews.  Sounds really good. 

Danke!

Halloo! Ich bin aus New York aber ich wohne jetzt in München :) Ich finde es ein bisschen schwer paleo in Deutschland zu sein. Wenn ich sage, dass ich kein brot, nudeln oder lactose esse, die leute denken, dass ich super komisch bin. Es kommt immer die Frage "aber was isst du für frühstuck?!"

I think all those (really great!!!!) blogs and books make it more difficult for non-US-citizens.

I love to read those blogs and recipes - but when I want to make a recipe, I notice that I am missing a key ingredient (I have to order almond flour online from out of the country, because it is just not available here; or coconut aminos...)

Sweett potatoes have only been available here for a short time - about a year ago I had to drive to a Chinese shop to get them because nobody else would carry them).

BUT: those blogs and cook books also inspire me to try something different and I found some great breakfast ideas (Melissas breakfast hash for example)

Hello,

here I'm again.

I had not much time to visit this forum, because I had a vivitor, my godchild, who spends her holidays with me.

I'm on day 19 and I'm still on track.

With my godchild it was no problem with my whole30-program, she ate the things I eat, but added a little bit of rice or a slice of bread in the morning.

I agree, that it is not easy to find some products in Germany.

For me it's more easy, because I live in a big city, where you can find everything.

@striving excellence:

you can find captured meat in a butchery named "Neuland".

Here can you find their local stores:

http://www.neuland-fleisch.de/verbraucher/mit-gutem-gewissen-geniessen.html

You may as well look for shops with the label "Bio", there you will get food in good quality.

I found Ghee only in special shops, called "Reformhaus".

I think, you can find these shops as well somewhere around Rammstein, in Kaiserslautern, may be.

To Tanja and everybody else, who starts at August 1st, I wish good luck!

I ask you to forgive my mistales in English.

Have a good day.

Inga

• 2 years later...

Hello! 

I am an American expat who lives in Hamburg and does a lot of business in Berlin and other cities. I am starting a Whole30 tomorrow with some friends who live back home in Oregon. 

I've been slowly easing myself in over the last couple of weeks and have drastically limited sugar, dairy and grains. I will be travelling a lot this month, so I don't know if it is actually going to even be possible to stay compliant without my fridge and food processor at hand. 

For now I have just taken to packing a load of veggies and hard boiled eggs in my suitcase :P ... which I imagine will get pretty old pretty quick. 

If anyone has any ideas on how to stay compliant while "unterwegs" and staying in hotels, I would greatly appreciate it. 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone! I am Bianca living in Germany. I started W30 in the US a couple years ago, but once I moved to Germany I stopped. I am now determined to pick it up again and figured I'll try to activate this German Forum for more people and support. I am sure there are quite a few military members living in Germany and shopping at German stores and Germans as well. So, if you are out there, I am starting on Monday July 3rd 2017, let me know. Bianca

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived