Before my Whole30 I never thought I'd...

I would get home from a 5 day vacation DYING to restart a Whole30 without blinking an eye.... Whole30 is now my comfort food!!

Just got back from 3 weeks in Italy. When without a fridge or kitchen and eating at family and friends' homes it was really hard. I'd say I was about 50/50 paleo. Almost cried today in the supermarket produce section I was so excited to load up on veggies! Missed my new normal way of eating. Full on whole 30 tomorrow to correct my 3 week stint in Italy!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Live without Dairy, and not even want it!

Have a tub of yoghurt in the fridge that I feel guilty for thinking abut wasting (re-intro'd plain yoghurt OK)... don't even feel like eating it so going to strain the whey out and lacto-ferment some veg instead :)

• 2 weeks later...

Never thought I would go without a meal for 5 hours and not get hAngry

Never thought I'd prefer to eat my own home cooked meals than restaurant food

Never thought I'd have chicken with roasted veggies for breakfast

Never thought I could be this calm and happy! I honestly thought getting stressed or anxious with work was unavoidable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Day 12, and amazed;

Never thought I could go without bread

never thought I could go without crisps

(never thought I could go without bread and crisps together in a sandwich!!!!)

Never thought I could be so happy eating real food!!!!!

Never thought I could walk past magazines telling me how loose weight and get healthy...

Thank you SO much Dallas and Melissa  for 'It starts with food' :D

• 1 month later...

...eat broccoli. And enjoy it. ON ANY LEVEL.

...think carrots are sweet.

...be able to stay awake during my usual 2:00 PM slump. Now that slump doesn't even exist.

...eat spinach. And enjoy it. ON ANY LEVEL.

...be able to go most days without feeling the need to snack.

...crave vegetables when I'm hungry.

...drink coffee black.

...be able to give up tortilla chips or mac and cheese.

...notice my pants fitting poorly because I am SLIMMING down rather than because my belly fat is too big to hold them up. (I doubt I have lost much weight. I still have belly fat. But somehow, I'm learning to love my body regardless.)

And I'm only on day 10! I can't wait to see what I have to say by day 30...

Enjoy black or coconut milk coffee.  Go more than 1 day without eating chocolate (really)!  Eat veggies for breakfast.  Not need to snack. I am only on Day 7 and I know there will again be tough days ahead but I am pretty happy with how things are going now.

...try a plain grapefruit and think it's sweet.

...carry my veggies out of the dining hall when I don't have time to finish them.

I know I'm not supposed to walk and eat, but I NEED mah veggies! People think I'm a health freak, and I sort of am, but I honestly just like them now.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

... baked goods. Which I never craved much but this was interesting. 

I was on Day 18 and doing well until i caved b/c i had a really really really bad day.  I mean, REALLY BAD. It was going to take a lot for me to break my first W30, esp. since I eat pretty much paleo anyway, but tearing my ACL in knee did it for me. I just wanted a damn beer and a burger. So I did. 

But before I got back up on the horse, I had some baked goods lying around the house that I made for a party a few days prior. I figured since I broke W30, I'd give them a try and see how I felt. 

UGH. What a waste. They were NOT satisfying at all. My W30 minestrone soup five minutes later helped me feel better.... although, I'm crashing hard right now from that sudden sugar spike.... blegh. 

Archived