How do you take Greak Lakes Gelatin?

Laketon79

I take the Great Lakes Beef Gelatin

It has no taste so I don't mind taking it in just plain warmish water, tea, coffee, or anything but I have a hard time getting it to dissolve just by stirring it in. In the fall I'll add it to bone broths but it's too hot outside even think of that right now!  

Some people make vitamin gummies or "jello jiggler" type things with it but I don't want anything resembling candy around because of my on going quest to starve my sugar dragon to death.  So it just works best for me in smoothie or other liquid.   

When I am not on a Whole 30 I also put it my smoothie, which is  1/2 cup coconut milk, a banana and a spoonful of raw cacao. (I'm sorry, too, Tom.) On Whole 30 I put it in tea or add it to bone broth. I just stir it in the hot liquid.

I mix it into ground beef for making meatballs or meatloaf and it makes it juicier, I presume by holding the vegetable and meat juices together. I also add it to broth and brothy sauces. I tried it in a beverage once but I didn't like the smell. Savory foods hide it.

Anyone else have ideas?

I use the orange label kind, so I pour the gelatin in my cup, mix is the a little COLD water to absorb it and make a little gel at the bottom. Then I add my tea bag and fill the cup with hot water. 

If you don't do it in that order it won't miz properly

• 1 month later...

I know this is wayyyyyyyy late, er slow, but I'm a newbie.  I have been using the green label Great Lakes for about 7 months and I don't like doing with out it.  I'm sold!  I use it in my first cup of coffee with 1tblsp. coconut oil, and 2 or so tblsp. coconut milk (from the can).  2 tblsp. a day and whip it with my frothier.  I don't notice the slight smell and I never have noticed a taste.  I usually drink black coffee, but this is a way of getting some CO in my day as well.  Hope it's not too late Sunshine12. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived