Starting August 1!

Foodrehaul

Hi all!

I am very new to this and haven't even posted to a forum in YEARS...so bear with me.  I was given this book last week and haven't been able to put it down.  I have decided to start my Whole30 on August 1.  Frankly, I am struggling with putting my fear aside that I won't be able to get through this but OH do I want to. 

Without realizing it, I did step one yesterday when I cleared out the kitchen of the no-nos.  I bagged it all up and am dropping it off to a food pantry tomorrow.  I have a few days to finish reading the book and go food shopping and ..just mentally prepare to re-haul my relationship with food! 

I know I will need help along the way and support.  I am good with this.  I have downloaded some tools to help and have signed up here and also added the page on FB.  Any other ideas while I prep for the big day??

Thanks!

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm officially starting August 1 too!! I have been "practicing" for the last few weeks and its much less scary for me now. By that I mean that I have been working on recipes, prepping food, trying to follow the template, and weeding out things that aren't compliant. It really isn't as bad as I had thought.

You will get a lot of help here!  Good luck to you!  We can do it!

I'd love to join your official start date. I have been "practicing" but have had cheat meals, a lot lately. Lot of special occasions last week and this week but August 1st would be a perfect start and I think having a group to hold me accountable will be great. I am going to give the book a reread. I did a Whole 30 last year and had amazing results. :D

Hi everyone! I'm trying to find the courage to join you. Definitely a fear factor, here! While I eliminated grains and starchy veggies 1-1/2 years ago (Yea!), I will have plenty of challenges giving up artificially sweetened everything, cheese, and heavy cream in my coffee--honestly, I live on the stuff. But I realize that the very things I think I can't bear to live without are most likely the things that keep me from my best version of myself and trapped in the occasional scary binge cycle. I hope we can support each other and overcome our individual obstacles. Foodrehaul, CMich76, and Tracy, let's do it!

I'm in for August 1st also :)  I finished my first Whole30 on June 22nd, as well as a Whole21 (the truncation was planned) on May 18th.  I'm not doing as well as I'd like with all the off-roading, though, so I think it's time to kick it into high gear again.

It will be fun to do this with a group :)

I am definitely in!  This will be my 3rd Whole30 and I'm so excited for it.  I've gotten off track over the last few weeks (I normally eat ~90% Paleo) with vacation and travelling (with a side of stress thrown in) and I am really feeling th effects - sore joints, stomach troubles, zero energy). 

The one BIGGEST help for me in doing a successful Whole30 is preparation.  Hand in hand with having all the right ingredients in your kitchen is actually doing something with them.  I like to do weekly 'Cook-ups' as described by Melissa Joulwan in her "Well Fed" bible, i mean cookbook ;) I have several of these cookups along with recipes described in my blog (which is sadly outdated but I plan to revive) http://caveeatee.wordpress.com/

Can't wait to start! :)

Julie

I'm in! I'm starting Aug 1. I'm looking forward to it although I will be doing it myself (husband is not on board) and I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old. I've done the 80/20 thing for the better part of 2 years but still haven't managed to stick to it 100% of the time. This is it!

I want to start at the beginning of Aug. as well. Do I have to read the book, or is there enough info on the website to run with it? It looks to me like there is, but I might be missing something. My former pro chef and homecooking husband is backing me, though not joining me. I have the book on hold at the library, but there are 4 people in line for it ahead of me and I can't afford to buy it until maybe late August.

Ravin, perhaps someone more experienced will reply, but my . 02 is that while I've found the book very helpful, there is such a wealth of information on the site that I think with some care you would do fine. I've printed out all the PDF's, and will likely subscribe to the Whole30 Daily for encouragement. My hubbie will not be on board, or particularly encouraging!

Julie, I've got Melissa's book but haven't had a chance to look it over yet. Love her blog, though, and have tried a couple of recipes on her site. Also enjoy Nom Nom Paleo.

Love the enthusiasm everyone has!

Hi I have already started a Whole 30 and will be continuing it through to the end of August

as I understand Whole 30 run an official one commencing August 1 which sounds exciting and will be awesome to be part of:)

Cheers

Sue

I want to start at the beginning of Aug. as well. Do I have to read the book, or is there enough info on the website to run with it? It looks to me like there is, but I might be missing something. My former pro chef and homecooking husband is backing me, though not joining me. I have the book on hold at the library, but there are 4 people in line for it ahead of me and I can't afford to buy it until maybe late August.

Ravin, I've not read the book and got by perfectly fine with info from the website and forum. That being said, while we werent paleo (hate that word) the types of food weren't a massive change from what we were already doing, and I'm pedantic about ingredients in any processed food we have - have been for ages! I'm also used to following plans and just "getting" things

I'm planning in getting the book at some stage :)

Hi there! After close to two years of late nights, long days, many many parties and an abundance of sweet treats and carb overloads ... I AM READY FOR A WHOLE 30! Really excited to give this a go and achieve my goal of returning to a healthy lifestyle.

Great to have a forum for support! Here's to August 1st  :D Yay!

hey guys! I want to start on Aug 1 too so I'd love to join this group. Im reading the book right now so I hope to finish in time. I'm new to paleo so I just feel like I need to start out right and this program sounds really good.

We are getting so close to August 1st!  Part of me wants to start early but the other part of me wants to scarf down the rest of the greek yogurt I have in my fridge and drink some wine this weekend.  Terrible, I know! 

I try not to binge and eat all the bad things before a Whole30 because I find it makes the difficult parts even more difficult.  And yet...

How are you all preparing to start? - are you weaning yourself now or are you partying like a rockstar? ;)

Hi Everyone!

I'm starting August 1 too! I've been toying around with the idea for a few months now and have decided that it's time to do it. Looking forward to being a part of the group - getting healthy & strong and completing my first Whole30! :P

We are getting so close to August 1st!  Part of me wants to start early but the other part of me wants to scarf down the rest of the greek yogurt I have in my fridge and drink some wine this weekend.  Terrible, I know! 

I try not to binge and eat all the bad things before a Whole30 because I find it makes the difficult parts even more difficult.  And yet...

How are you all preparing to start? - are you weaning yourself now or are you partying like a rockstar? ;)

I am typically a pretty clean eater, but I have been more of the "partying like a rockstar"! Definitely getting it out of my system now, which is good because it is all tasting like junk and making me sick. I feel ready for my Whole30 for sure! 

Archived