Best chicken ever from well fed is really the best chicken ever!!!

Pia650

I made the chocolate chilli last night. BIG success and I made enough to freeze for two more meals. Trying three more of the recipes from the book this week. It definitely helps keep me excited about the Whole 30. The chicken will be on my menu for Saturday night. I LOVE chicken so it will be a treat : ))

• 2 weeks later...

Softest chicken I've ever made :) I did not use her seasoning as I did not have a lot of it in hand so I went for oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and a little bit of cumin instead. http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/04/25/best-chicken-throw/ You should get her book, nothing has dissapointed me so far.

I love the description "softest" chicken. I did use all of her spices..except the coriander seed in the brine. I used cilantro stems instead. The Moroccan dipping sauce makes a great dressing for grilled romaine. :)

I made the chocolate chilli last night. BIG success and I made enough to freeze for two more meals. Trying three more of the recipes from the book this week. It definitely helps keep me excited about the Whole 30. The chicken will be on my menu for Saturday night. I LOVE chicken so it will be a treat : ))

~~~

Quick question: Does this recipe include enough vegetables to be considered a full meal? Or do I need to add something else as a side dish? Thanks!

~~~

Quick question: Does this recipe include enough vegetables to be considered a full meal? Or do I need to add something else as a side dish? Thanks!

The only 'vegetable' is the canned tomato in the chili.  I serve it with a large side salad.  Sometimes I serve it on a salad, sort of like taco salad.  If you mean the chicken, it has no veg.

~~~

I had it with sweet potato or sometimes on a bed of wilted spinach. If in doubt, add more veg : ))

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! This recipe is awesome.

I also use her recipe to brine chicken breasts before making Paleo chicken nuggets. The meat is so much more juicy and flavorful this way!

The Paleo nugget recipe I use is:

2 brined chicken breasts, cut into thin strips

1 egg, 1/3 cup coconut milk (mix)

1/2 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup coconut flour, 1/2 T garlic powder, salt & pepper (mix together in large Ziploc)

1/2 cup coconut oil in a cast iron skillet, medium heat

dip chicken strips into egg/milk wash, then throw into ziplock with breading mix.

Shake to coat.

Pan-fry strips in a cast iron skillet over medium heat with 1/2 cup - 1 cup of coconut oil. When breading is dark brown, flip strips in pan. (5-6 min per side)

SO FREAKING GOOD. And my kid gobbles them up.

Softest chicken I've ever made :)  I did not use her seasoning as I did not have a lot of it in hand so I went for oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and a little bit of cumin instead. http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/04/25/best-chicken-throw/  You should get her book, nothing has dissapointed me so far.

Great to hear.  Just got the cookbook this week.  Thanks for the review!

I do the same, double the recipe and freeze in single-serving containers. Just have to plan ahead, before going to bed, so I can leave it defrosting overnight. I think what I love the most about it, is that I can eat it with just about anything. Any veggie side will do, even soup. I once dumped it in my creamy pumpkin soup -best. soup. ever.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be honest, I thought the best chicken ever was not so great. It was edible, but that's about it. It was nice and tender. I think maybe it was just too much of a good thing :-). I haven't tried any other Well Fed recipes, but I have heard great things. Maybe I'll have to buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what I love?  I love when something actually lives up to the hype (which I find to be quite rare).

Dear lord, that chicken!  I made it last night.  I can't believe how good it is.  It's almost so good it could be a food with no brakes for me.  (Fortunately the fact that it's protein slowed me down.)  Now I want to make it every week.  I'm trying the chocolate chili this weekend.  Delving into Well Fed.  I'm stoked.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived