Anyone in Denver Colorado

Miriam

I'm very new but excited about my life and how it is changing during my first Whole 30.  I live in a small apartment and am not sure how to source cleaner foods that won't break the bank.

Thanks in advance for any tips! 

(I live near Whole Foods and I get a Sams membership for free through work)

I'm near Fort Collins.  I used a tip from the daily email to search localharvest.org for local options and I am pretty sure they are more affordable around this time of year.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. 

Sadly, Localharvest.org isn't useful for Denver - the info on the website seems to be years outdated.  They even refer to the Bel Mar area as "Villa Italia", which is a mall that was torn down around the turn of the century.   Other farms I looked at had notes about the 2009 season, or remarks from users like "they aren't there anymore!"... I'm actually hoping for some Denver peeps to tell me where they think is good, there have got to be some places...

Fort Collins probably has a lot of options; you are lucky!  I used to make a pilgrimage to that area routinely years ago and there seemed to be a lot of farms.  Too bad I didn't know about Paleo back then! 

I will keep looking, I'm sure something will turn up.  I'm only about a thrid through my first Whole 30, and before that I wasn't really Paleo, just dabbling.  :)  The last 11 days have been a HUGE eyeopener. 

I'm hoping to go to a Paleo meetup in my area and ask around. 

Thanks again,

Miriam

I had similar troubles with the site.  I started the hunt back in March and have now found three fairly solid farms.  A lot of dates and links were broken, but I managed to track them down through google and facebook.  I don't regret it at all and I love the Fort Collins area so much more now.  I can't wait to move into town and then have our favorite farm within a mile and Whole Foods a lot closer.

I came back to tell you, though, about one solid source I found in Denver.  I follow this guy and have thought of going there.  Maybe the connection will help you find more resources.  https://www.facebook.com/cavemancafeteria

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in Denver and I really like my local Natural Grocers/Vitamin Cottage. It tends to be cheaper than Whole Foods, but the selection is usually smaller. So get some stuff there and some stuff at WF. I just find Vitamin Cottage to be cheaper for produce than most other organic options and their frozen meat selection doesn't seem overpriced (to me, anyway, but I've been buying better meat for a while).

Archived