ALCAT Worldwide Food Sensitivity Test

NLK

From what I have heard, most food sensitivity test are really inaccurate. To the point where a practitioner sent the same sample to do reputable labs and got completely different results. IMO the best way to discover sensitivities is to do a elimination style diet. What are you concerned about being sensitive to?

Thanks! She has had it run already and more then anything I just wanted a feel of whether she could trust the results. Interestingly enough other than coconut and some specific meats if she just ran the whole 30 with the autoimmune protocol she would look like the test results.

I am pretty skeptical of how it can be accurate off blood work BUT I can say I really understand the mechanisms they are testing by.

Thanks so much for the input.

• 1 year later...

I'm in Megan's camp here. Elimination diets are generally a better way to identify food sensitivities. I don't have experience with this test in particular, but foods have a ton of proteins that people could be sensitive/react to. Most labs don't test for ALL of them, just the major ones. For example, gluten contains 6 or 7 different proteins? Last I checked, enterolabs was the only lab that tested for more than 2 or 3 of them.

It's just not definitive, and if you're having issues, get the test done, and they tell you that there's nothing wrong with you, then what? you're out 1000 and have no resolution.

I paid a lot of money on multiple food/spice/everything allergy tests and I feel they were worthless. When I went in, my body was reacting to basically everything because of an underlying condition, which this test could not detect. Elimination diets all the way in my opinion! 

Archived