Margarine vs butter

ugh, why are you even fighting with this person?! Butter is real food, margarine is an engineered food product. That's all the evidence I need to defend my choices.

Nature vs. Manufacturing? I'm placing my bets with nature every time.

Yeah and that's what I have said but they keep touting scientific date proves that margarine is healthier.  I know better, of course! Thanks for the links and replies.

At some point it is just pointless to keep arguing. I had a friend try to start it up with me. I mentioned I try to avoid canola oil and she was all like "it has so many health benefits" and I just said..."I disagree and ever since I found out how it is made I choose to avoid it as much as possible" and left it at that. Some people can't be argued with and ultimately if they are not forcing the food down your throat then you just have to leave it be.

• 2 months later...

I stopped with margarine after someone in my college threw a tub of it out of his window and it exploded onto the asphalt in the quad. A week later, it still looked the EXACT SAME. It didn't go bad, no bugs ate it (or any other animals). Why? Because it isn't food!

I stopped with margarine after someone in my college threw a tub of it out of his window and it exploded onto the asphalt in the quad. A week later, it still looked the EXACT SAME. It didn't go bad, no bugs ate it (or any other animals). Why? Because it isn't food!

This reminds me of the Sookie Stackhouse books.  In one of the books, a demon friend of Sookie's dies.  Apparently you have to burn the demon's body, because it doesn't go bad and no bugs or animals will touch it.  Demons, margarine.  Coincidence?  I think not. :lol:

Archived