How long does coconut milk keep in fridge?

lizzie_s

I know I used some several weeks after it had been opened with no ill effects, but mainly I'm topping in hopes that someone will have a definitive answer for both of us! Usually when I want to use coconut milk, it's just a little bit, and I'd love to know the best way to store the rest of the can.

For what it's worth, on the can of Trader Joe's coconut cream, it says to refrigerate after opening and use within 7-10 days of opening. Maybe use that info as a guide?

When I open a can of coconut milk, I pour whatever I don't use into a creamer, cover with plastic wrap, and put in the fridge.

I get Arroy-D and because the only ingredient is "coconut milk" (no preservatives in any form) and it says "Use within 2 days."  That being said, I opened the large container in my fridge last Tuesday and I'm drinking it in my coffee as I write this.  You should be able to taste a drop and tell if it's worth using.

I'm not a coffee drinker or curry lover, so when I used coconut milk in a recipe last week, I froze the rest in 1tbsp portions in ice trays and put the frozen cubes in a baggie in my freezer. Has anyone done something like that, and if so, how does it work when thawed?

I'm not a coffee drinker or curry lover, so when I used coconut milk in a recipe last week, I froze the rest in 1tbsp portions in ice trays and put the frozen cubes in a baggie in my freezer. Has anyone done something like that, and if so, how does it work when thawed?

I don't have any first hand experience with this, but I am going to try it.  It should act like regular coconut milk when thawed. (?)

Archived