guacamole from Chipotle?

LauraSuzy

The only real meal you can get at Chipotle is a burrito bowl with lettuce, carnitas, pico de gallo (or another tomato-only salsa) and guacamole. It is HEAVENLY though. Tastes just like what I used to order. You don't miss the cheese and beans with their rich guacamole. And you can double the meat portion too.

It may be dissapointing that the options are so limited, but I think they do a huge service by posting all their ingredients online and sourcing good quality meat. Many other restaurants could learn from them! Full disclosure means more health-conscious customers!

I had a serious love affair with Chipotle until I found out that they cook in seed oils and soybean oil (I guess that technically that is a seed oil). I was crushed. :( So, the disappointment is likely mine.

Like others have said, the carnitas are compliant though.

Hooray! I'm so excited I can eat at Chipotle! I did have some diarhhea the two days I had some Chipotle guacamole, though... but that could have been related to something else I was eating those days. We'll see how it goes next time I venture out. :)

• 6 months later...

Yes, we asked ours when we went a few weeks ago. The fajita veggies, aka bell pepper/onion, are cooked in the same soybean oil that all the others are.

All the salsas were clear, except the corn and black bean one, obviously.

I don't understand the "disappointed" comment. Sure, I'd love to be able to get my personal fav, the barbacoa, but they communicate clearly and are willing to let you know what is in your food. It might be worth remembering that they don't source their meat from factory farms, so you know you are getting a better quality pork.

I am seriously SO thankful for Chipotle. I swear that I eat there more on Whole30 than I ever did previously because it's a known entity for me. I travel a lot for work and often to fairly remote college towns where Whole Foods are non-existent. Luckily, it seems like EVERY college town has a Chipotle!

Archived