So Hungry

morkkel

So I just started this...Day 2 only, but I am SO HUNGRY. I am full after my meals and trying really hard not to snack in between, but here it is, with over an hour away from heading home to prepare supper and all I can think about is food. I think I would definitely eat some chicken and broccoli right now if it was available. How bad is snacking in this program? I've been attempting to avoid it as snacking is a huge trigger for me and prior to this program I would literally snack all day... Thoughts?

Hang tight...it will get better! You are adjusting to a different way of eating and your body wants its simple carbs back! Don't give in, try to hold out.

If you must snack make it a mini meal. Hard boiled egg and handful of grapes or a little bit of lean protein with some carrots and Avo....protein/fat/carb.

Don't reach for a Lara bar type snack if you can help it...that is really just a quick sugar fix!

If you are truly hungry then you need to eat! No snack food but a meal or mini meal. It's about listening to your body too, if you would eat steamed fish and broccoli, then you are truly hungy not just craving. Then you look at your last meal and figure out what you need to adjust to make it last a little longer.

Your meals are perhaps too low in protein and fats - these two things will keep you feeling full longer. Fat in particular is calorie dense, so won't "fill you up" physically in the sense that a lot of vegies, but should help you last longer between meals.

It can take some adjusting to - if you are truly starving, and your body isn't just wanting food "because", have a proper mini meal of protein, fat and vegies. Fruit isn't advisable, and probably won't satisfy your hunger, but a proper mini meal will help a lot!

Eat bigger breakfasts, too.

Most of us don't really eat enough food when we start Whole30.  It can be surprising how much we can eat.  I often eat salads out of the mixing bowls I used to use for mixing cakes.  :lol:

You mean bowls you USED to mix cakes! ;)

Is it good for the stomach to stretch?? I tried more at breakfast today - I had a large slice of sweet and savory quiche, leftover baked kale (like 1/4 c.), pear with cinnamon, hardboiled egg, very small piece of leftover pork, about a half a cup of chocolate chili and I added coconut milk and oil to my coffee for some extra fats. I'll see how this holds me over! Maybe I need more veggies in my bfast?

Yeah, looking back I probably do. Lunch and supper I am great on veggies. What do you all do for morning veggies? I know I should look at it as "a meal" as opposed to breakfast, but I can't really stomach a spinach salad that early in the am. Thanks again for the wonderful feedback!

I love my breakfast - I make a spicy tomatoey sauce with zucchini, mushrooms, chilli, garlic, herbs and spices, grated pumpkin and tomato purée. (About two cups cooked)....I put that in the middle of a 3-4 egg omelette and have a huge pile of steamed broccoli coated in coconut oil and sprinkled with sea salt on the side

I also love Thai green vegie curry with omelettes, or with chicken if I don't want eggs. Leftovers are great - roast meat and vegies, chili on broc/cauli rice with guac and salsa, vegie soup with added protein/fat...

Archived