whole7, anyone?

dana

i did a complete, no-cheat whole30 in january--probably the best food-related decision i've ever made--and have been eating nearly whole30-compliant ever since--the glaring exception being wine with dinner. plus i eat out every 2 weeks or so, and stay basically compliant but who knows what's in the sauce and i don't want to be an insufferable bore:)

i'm planning on doing a full-on whole30 in the coming months, but for the immediate future, i'd like to try a whole7 (7 days whole30 compliant with no cheats or off-roading).

any post-whole30 folks wanna join in?

• Moderators

Dana - That's a great idea! I'm not going to join you, but the Whole9 recommends using a WholeWeekend, Whole7, or whatever subset you need as a way to get back on track after a period of off-roading.

I just made the WholeWeekend bit up, but the point is that after you have done a Whole30, you can benefit from shorter periods of strictness.

so i've decided on a whole15 starting april15 (tomorrow).

i'd like to keep a log but am wondering whether it's more appropriate to do so here, since it's not a whole30, or in the whole30 log section of the forum.

i'm inclined toward the latter just because 1) that's where the logs go, 2) since doing a jan whole30, i've made whole30 food my daily diet, and 3) who knows? maybe i'll just keep going after the 15.

on the other hand, i'd never want to detract from people dong a whole whole30--because i truly feel the no-cheat 30 days is what shifted my food patterns and preferences and awareness around in such a powerful, sustained way.

any input, Moderators? here or there?

Can I start the Whole15 with you one day behind?? Lol, guess I should have been checking the forums more frequently.

sure, Alyson! i started a whole15 log in the Logs section. feel free to join in there if you want--i'm fine with making it a collaborative whole15 log.

After doing a number of Whole 30's I find that a "Whole 7", or even a "Whole 3" can help me get back on track after I've gone astray after a non-Whole 30 meal or two. It's a quick reset for my system. The length depends on how long after the meal that I don't feel right.

Archived