Knee Pain Gone, Cellulite Gone, Skinny Jeans On

HollyBW

I am almost 36 years old. I have always been very into nutrition and exercise.  Reading about the healthiest foods and working out almost every day.  Problem was, I thought whole grain toast with natural peanut butter was healthy and that fat-free Greek yogurt with fresh fruit was the perfect breakfast.   I never could get as skinny as I wanted unless I starved myself.  Yes, I want to be healthy, but I mostly want to be skinny! 

Five months ago a friend and I were talking about food/diet and she brought up the Wheat Belly book which I had heard about, but thought it must be wrong since everything I had studied stated that whole grains were extremely healthy.  Then she brought up Paleo and told me of the results she had with it.  I got home and downloaded It Starts with Food and Wheat Belly.   I started the Paleo diet in the morning.  

A month before, I had been to the Orthopedic doctor to find a solution for my extremely painful knees.  I have had three knee surgeries and as a former college athlete, years of jump training had left me with stiff and sore knees which had started to affect my workouts more and more.  He only said the pain was a result of “Overuse.†  I couldn't stop working out!

Within three days of Paleo, my crippling knee pain was gone.   I dropped weight instantly and the cellulite on the back of my legs went away.  Amazing. 

I have continued to follow Paleo with a few indulgences… mainly wine or corn chips while out for Mexican food or gummy bears on a road trip.  This month I decided to do the Whole 30 mainly because I want to challenge myself to go without wine!   I signed up for the Daily Newsletter and can't wait to wake up in the mornings to read it :-)  So far so good, and after 10 days I know I can make it the Whole 30. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Your story resonates with me, and I'm on day 5. Have been gluten-free and dairy free for 10 yrs but hadnt even thought about grain-free! I still compete in martial arts that requires me to make weight, and yes I'm skinny, but want to make weight by just being at my natural healthy weight, that way i'll be strong but lean and won't rely on unhealthy methods to shrink. Hoping that whole30 will help me with post-tournament bingeing (slay the sugar dragon)! Glad your experience is positive; I'm feeling better about it now!

• 3 years later...

It's just very casual fat beneath your skin. It looks lumpy bcoz it pushes against connective tissue, causing the skin above it to pucker. That's why you can have it whether you're heavy or thin. You can use dermal md cellulite reduction serum and you will be relief in 2 weeks from this issue.

Archived