Tiger blood?

LuckyDot

• Moderators

Here's the definition from The Official Whole30 Glossary:  

Tiger Blood: The high-energy, happy mood days of your Whole30
The Energizer Bunny, walking-on-sunshine, do-all-the-things feeling many people experience in the back half of their Whole30 experience. Our Whole30 Timeline will give you more details about what to expect during your Whole30.

• 1 year later...

Well I'm still laughing over this term. Of course I'm on day seven and still have kitten blood. I've spent the last few days flat on my back or curled in a ball sleeping my days away. Ha! :D

It's real.  I don't see it talked about very much anymore.   If you experience it, you're in for a real treat.  I think too many sugars kill it.   Too much dried fruit and snacking.  Good fats enhance it and eating quality proteins far above chicken.....   You have to eat protein, vege and good fats...3Xaday...every day for 30 days.   If you build it, it will come....for you.  

Thanks, I loved the video and it drove my dog wild. I have a standard poodle and she was running all over the house looking for it!

Hopefully, I will get this Tiger Blood at some point during my Whole 30, so cool!

• 4 months later...

I did a W30 last February and through most of March. I wish I had journaled, because I am not sure when the tiger blood kicked in, but I think it was around my third week. It was fabulous! I had so much energy and was so uplifted. It actually lasted quite a while...through my whole program and even after I started introducing other foods. But it is gone now and I've restarted another W30'in search for it once again. It's motivating to stay on track; being very careful with portions of starchy vegs, fruit, good fats, etc.

I will endeavour to cut out snacking (with the exception of pre- and post-WO, following suggestions) and minimize fruits & nuts in my template meal in search of the elusive Tiger Blood!

Love the reference to "kitten blood."  I could go for curling up in a ball around now.

Cheers,

-Lauren (GGG)

• Administrators

I read about the "Tiger Blood" feeling in the book and I am on Day 16 and still have "kitty blood".  The first week I ate too many nuts and too much fruit so it may not happen for me.  Have tighten it up in the last 8 days and feeling good about it.

Enjoy your kitty blood and know that for some people, that's the extent of what they get. Don't discount what you have for what you might get down the road.  Sometimes people get a general sense of...good.  Good energy, good mood, good digestion, good overall feelings.  Good is good!

http://whole30.com/2014/04/tiger-blood/

Enjoy your kitty blood and know that for some people, that's the extent of what they get. Don't discount what you have for what you might get down the road.  Sometimes people get a general sense of...good.  Good energy, good mood, good digestion, good overall feelings.  Good is good!

http://whole30.com/2014/04/tiger-blood/

On day 18 and have been feeling more alert and focused the last couple of days.  I don't know if that is Tiger Blood but I am liking how I am feeling!

Archived