Whole 30 starting Jan 1

Run4fun

There's a group starting a Whole 30 on January 2 but I'm planning to start on January 1.  I did a Whole 30 last January and it was a great experience.  Best sleep I've had, and once I got through the initial cravings, my energy level was extremely high. And mentally, I was as sharp as a tack.

Starting this past year off with very disciplined eating/drinking was so good for me that I want to start off 2014 the same way.  I can merge in with the January 2 group unless anyone is interested in starting 2014 with a CLEAN slate. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting my first whole 30 January 1. Very excited! I eat well at meals but its the stuff in between that doesn't serve me well. So time to tidy up! I have ITP an autoimmune blood disorder where my body attacks my platelets. Keen to see if there is any difference to the platelets levels following the 30 days. :)

I've been thinking about starting a whole 30 all month...but I know it would be better to start January 1st when there's less temptations all around. Can't wait to get this started...I've order the Whole 30 book and Well fed... waiting for them to get her in Japan! Those will be my little Christmas presents to myself!!

I tried a couple attempts at Whole 30 this past summer; however, I didn't ever fully commit myself and haven't finished to week 3 yet. I'm sure with a little support from forum friends I can get through a whole 30 days!  

Talk to you soon.

I am also starting January one! I tried last January and only made it to day 7. This time around I have read most of ISWF, and I have been buying tons of Paleo cookbooks. I am a coffee drinker too, going to try to drink it black and if I can't hang, I will put some canned coconut milk in it. I am excited! Already am weaning myself off grains and legumes. The sugar is still hard, since there is so much of it around. I am determined this time! I WILL DO THIS!! ;-)

I am starting on January 1st as well.  I did January last year, did really well for several months then stuff started creeping in.  My meals are still Paleo and I have the cooking down so I'm hoping this year will be even easier than last year was.

Cool - it looks like there are several of us planning to start a Whole 30 on January 1!  If you're like me, it helps if you have a couple of weeks to prepare yourself mentally, begin to think about your "go to" meals, and gear yourself up for greater activity/exercise to supplement your healthy eating.  If you haven't already signed up for the daily emails, they were a huge help to me last time.  When you enroll, you can even set a date in the future so you receive the Day 1 email on Day 1 of your Whole 30. 

Almost time to rock and roll!  Enjoy your holidays all!

Hi!  I plan to start the program on January 1.  My husband will be joining as well.  We are 30 years old, in relatively good shape and eat relatively healthy.  The biggest challenge for me will be drinking coffee black (I have never tried before!) and also no white potatoes (I love eating baked potatoes with extra virgin olive oil and oregano).  Looking forward to getting support from everyone here!

I am starting Jan 1!  I did a whole30+ (I think I went 41 days ish) in August.  While I was really pleased with the results (and that I did it!), I don't think the value of it became crystal clear until the last two months.... as I have become miserable again with all my 'little symptoms'.  In fact, as I type, my hands feel puffy and tight.

I am hoping to go beyond 30 days again, but I'm not going to commit to it yet.  I have a habit of making too many changes, major commitments, at once and then giving everything up because I can't do it all.

Through the end of December I'm going to give up all bread and gluten and limit dairy.  Those are honestly the two things I need to give up completely forever.  Plus by giving them up, the sugar in my life also falls to almost nil.   I didn't have much, if any, gluten / dairy in September / October... but they have come back in full rotation and I'm sure that's why I'm miserable again.

I'm also going to plan, plan, plan and cook ahead.  This is the only thing that keeps me on track.  My major challenge is keeping it budget friendly and not getting sick of eating the same things over and over.  Since I'm primarily cooking for one (I feed my teenager and boyfriend on an inconsistent basis..) I end up eating the same leftovers for a couple days and getting annoyed!

Any 'planning' / 'pre-game' advice welcome!

Cool - it looks like there are several of us planning to start a Whole 30 on January 1!  If you're like me, it helps if you have a couple of weeks to prepare yourself mentally, begin to think about your "go to" meals, and gear yourself up for greater activity/exercise to supplement your healthy eating.  If you haven't already signed up for the daily emails, they were a huge help to me last time.  When you enroll, you can even set a date in the future so you receive the Day 1 email on Day 1 of your Whole 30. 

Almost time to rock and roll!  Enjoy your holidays all!

If you've already enrolled before, how do you reset your day one to January 1st. I want to receive all the emails again. :) Any help would be appreciated.

I'm in for this, starting Jan 1st.  This will be my 2nd Whole30, the first was back in Mid-May thru Mid-June, 2013.  It was awesome and I never felt better.  I've been good at keeping my eating about 85% compliant, or better.  But the holidays are always a challenge so I'm looking forward to getting back on better track and eliminating the alcohol for 30 days.  I've got some coworkers who are getting in on it as well, but most of them are too lazy to read the book, so I have a feeling I will be busy answering a lot of questions all month, but hopefully they get as much out of it as I did.  

I'm in for starting Jan 1st. I've gained about 10 pounds in the last 2 months and have been eating WAY too much sugar and gluten-free-but-full-of-other-grains junk. I want to make it a whole60 or more though. I think I need to stick with it longer to break my sugar addiction.

I will be starting my first Whole30 on January 1st and would love to join the group as I know I will need a lot of support. The next week will be spent cleaning out my fridge and pantry and getting prepared. I think my biggest challenge will be making sure I am prepared and have a solid plan. I also am going on a business trip in January which will be a challenge.

Archived