Kill All the Things

halas1

Day 4, reporting from the combat zone:

1) Kill All the Things is real

2) I feel bad for my 2 kiddos who have no clue why mom is being such a .. uh.. witch

3) I should have read today's newsletter before satisfying a craving with a (compliant) snack that consisted of some nuts + dried fruit - lesson learned

4) I'm so full

In solidarity! :)

Yep, I am there too.  Day 6.  I managed to piss off my best friend by pointing out that she is in every. single. one. of her new years pics on her FB (I mean, really.  but I didn't need to say anything.)  And my husband is currently taking a nap because I said something to him too.

It's starting to pass, though.  Made it through my nephews bday party while staring at cake and burritos.  Achievement unlocked!

haha! Love that. I must know your best friend ;) I am *THIS* close to pointing out to someone I know that she really needs to lay off the duckface in every. single. one of her pictures EVER.

I also started to feel a lot better around 5 pm. Then we went to Trader Joe's and the kids decided they wanted to try Joe Joe's for the first time. I don't even like Joe Joe's, so no big deal, right? Wrong. Nah, it's not really that bad. It's actually entertaining to watch my brain react to this challenge, especially since it's one of those that doesn't like to be told what to do (aren't we all?).

Isn't it bizarre how things we didn't even really like all of a sudden look amazing? I've been eating paleo for over a year now and have completely lost any interest I had in things like bread, but start a Whole 30 and BAM! Sandwiches and pasta look like the most amazing things ever.

I wanted to kill everything and everyone yesterday, too. Today is a bit better, but no one is safe yet.

Right there with you guys! I try not to even talk when I'm starting whole30! My poor husband and kiddos! But I am such a different (nice!) person after the first week, one of the main reasons I'm cleaning up the diet!

Yeah so....is killing all the things basically mood and body related?? I woke up at 1:45am and haven't been able to go back to sleep, want to just crawl into a cave. And I'm feeling bloated and like I've gained a ton of weight already (thought that wasn't supposed to happen until closer to week 2?). Am I on the right track with feeling this way?

It's really bad. I've never in my life been this nasty. I told my wonderful husband of 15 years to go f--- himself today. I have never spoken to him like that before.

I know Larabars are supposed to be Emergency food but I consider wanting to throat punch your whole family and crying all day to be an emergency. I'm feeling much more stable after a Larabar and a cup of coffee that was probably 1/3 coconut cream.

True Story. KATT is real I was a nice normal person at work today laughing with the students having fun then all of a sudden 330 my sister invites me over for dinner and my brain just went mean "ugh no f*ing way. oh they are having ham so I can have some? bet those ass...will probably make yummy buns and cook all the veggies in butter then drink sweet sweet wine in from me and offer me a water f that I'm not going" luckily that was an internal monologue that turned into a polite "sorry I'm not feeling great today" txt. I am never like that and my family has been nothing but supportive of me but just all of a sudden RAWWWRR came home ate some organic sausage feel a bit better now. 

Right now I am closed off in a dark house typing while an episode of top chef masters buffers...Weirdly enough my top chef shows don't make me hungry for things I can't have.

Now on day 7. KATT is getting the best of me. Haven't been or felt this down on myself and negative about the world ever. Now I'm kicking myself even harder that I didn't realize that Larabars were emergency food. I have only had a couple in the past week. But still. I feel like I am gaining weight. This. Is. Rough. How long is KATT supposed to be?

You're ok, MerBear. It'll pass!  And now you know about Larabars so lesson learned!  Feeling heavy is completely normal and then it goes away.  I made the mistake of going pants shopping during KATT+PMS this weekend and on Tuesday my brand new pants were falling off of me.  Just go do something you really love in meantime.. yoga class, massage, bubblebath, hike, read, whatever you can do to take your mind off the annoyance <3

I made the mistake of going pants shopping during KATT+PMS this weekend and on Tuesday my brand new pants were falling off of me. 

*dies*

I am so glad I'm not the only one who does this! I started a new job on December 9th, and so I went and bought like 8 new pair of pants for work... they are ALL too big. I felt so fat that day - I have no idea why I thought it was a good day to shop. And I don't know what I'm going to do with this pile of clothes, either (can't return.) Thankfully they weren't too expensive.

So far (day 8) I haven't bitten anyone's head off. Mostly I've been too tired to make the effort. Week 1 + Time-of-month = no energy at all. Fortunately, DH knows how to deal with me in "down" moods and last night tucked me onto the couch with a cup of tea, a warm blanket, a nice dinner, and a classic movie on the tv. The man is brilliant. :) 

@Bloodshotbetty I'm so worried now - my son's 7 year birthday party is this Saturday and I think I might be the one put in the corner for being mean/bad/misbehaving. UH OH. Better start practicing saying sorry ;)

@SarahT Would you mind if we cloned your man? Thaaaanks!

Day 3 for me. Been batteling a headache and fatique since yesterday. I have been Paleo for four months and have not eaten grains since. No dairy for 2 years - intollerant. Anyway, I was not expecting to feel this bad but I guess the little bits of honey, maple syrup I have had makes a difference. Oh and the WINE - I am a glass of wine while making dinner kind of girl. Would not having those things make me feel this way so soon. Yikes - lord have mercy on my hubby and kids in the next few days. Thank god for yoga...

Archived