Kill All the Things

halas1

I'm technically on day 3 but "transitioned" for about a week prior to starting my whole30. So been dairy/grain/legume free for about 10 days now. I'm soooo f#$%ing hungry and irritated! I've been feeling shitty and been overweight for a couple years now so I feel AMAZING that I've finally begun making REAL, POSITIVE, ACTUAL LIFE CHANGING changes to my life, however in this day, right now, I'm super frustrated and can't imagine not feeling the fullness and convenience of heating up some pasta smothered in salt, margarine and parmesan. About a week in to my "transition" I was feeling great and never wanted to stop my whole30 . Why would I ever go back to feeling perpetually fat, tired and sick?!?! Now I completely understand why I'm overweight and used to feeling shitty all of the time. Because planning, shopping, prepping, cooking, eating, followed by feeling hungry f@#&ing sucks and is annoying as f@$&!

I LOVE that there is this forum, that we can connect and support each other...I know this will get easier and I hope and pray that I will allow this min of 30 days to actually change my life...Being so hungry right now makes me nervous for my whole30 to end. After having said all this I NEVER want to go back to how I was living and eating before - how about that for some duality!?!:)

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL OF YOUR HONESTY, REALNESS AND SUPPORT - one of my favorite sayings/quotes that I've been reminding myself of recently more than ever.....

" NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP"......(on yourself or the pursuit of peace, happiness & freedom)

I'll take a clone as well!

I'm not looking forward to KATT, on day 2 today and really hoping it holds out until day 6 when I'm on days off from work.... Otherwise there will be some unhappy coworkers/clients and that will NOT be good!

I am so happy i found this forum. Today is day 9 for me and ive spent yesterday and today somewhere between crying and killing all things! I am soooo tired. The first few days were a breeze for me but somewhere around day 7 i turned into a crazy, bloated, moody b~ Honestly, when does this get better??

I felt like crap the first day and then I thought everything was going great...today is day 6 for me too and my boyfriend just sent me a picture of a drink he's having with his buddies and I totally flipped out on him. Umm. Hope that subsides soon or I'm not going to have a boyfriend anymore once this is over.

Thank you for your encouragement! I really went on quite a long winded rampage the other day. ...I suppose it's possible I'm not eating enough . I didn't think about that. Are you guys not feeling hungry, at least towards the beginning??

I'm telling you regardless of how tough, crazily different and new this is not to mention uncomfortable and time consuming;) I'm afraid of going back and undoing all of this! Any of you guys feel that way or am I being overly emo & dramatic?;)

. ... Reminder to myself....Slow down... One day at a time my friend;)

PS: Blens...you might just be good to go as far as not going "KATT" until your days off. I didn't start going super emo & irritated until about day six thru ten-ish. Noticing that others are reporting major KATT around day 6. I do find that work provides necessary structure for my eating habits and keeps me busy and distracted between meals. Regardless of what you find works best for you , best of luck to you, don't give up, it's totally worth it! ;)

Pelican - I TOTALLY hear you on worrying about Post-Whole30 Life. Will I just self-combust and all the benefits will disappear? Obviously, no, but it crosses my mind. You got some really good advice about eating enough, and I'm trying to take that to heart too. I have never eaten this well in my life, and it can be a little bit trippy to feel like feeling full/satisfied is NOT a bad thing.

Have a great weekend all!

Thank you Halas1!  I sure do love to worry -  it always helps to hear others are going through the same thing. Makes you feel a little less crazy:) Hope you're hanging in there and doing well! Dreamt of big soft cookies last night.....so glad I was asleep:)

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, Alex Kay said:

I'm on day 14, why do I still want to kill all the things, mainly the thing I'm married to, I keep having fake fights in my head and I may and up divorced... or arrested! HELP :wacko:

Not everything is Whole30 related. :)

There's also stress and sleep and spouses.

Make sure you are following the meal template and eating enough, including the recommended servings of fat, and that you're salting your food and drinking 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight. Most people also feel better with a serving of a starchy vegetable a day. Many new Whole30-ers undereat. That makes anyone cranky. 

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

I'm good!!! Two days later I no longer wanted to kill all the things including the thing I sleep next to lol! I'm guessing it may be taking me a bit longer to process, I could really go for some energy though, on day 20 and hanging in there! Do or die lol

Archived