I messed up the last few days.. I don't want to start over

Today I realized the ketchup I've been consuming the last few days is not whole9 approved. I am disappointed because I set out to show myself I could complete something. I also had it perfectly timed out to end by the Super Bowl. Is it a big deal I had some ketchup with my food? I have been strict with everything else so far.

Just a thought...

Assuming there's HFCS or something really terrible in that ketchup, and you wanted to stick to your commitment of 100% compliance for 30 days, would it really be a huge deal if you were on Whole30 for Super Bowl?

Think about this... if you're just coming of Whole30 (I'm assuming here you started on Jan 1 like the hoard of us) you would be on Day 3 of reintro. Would you jump into the whole she-bang of nachos, beer, 7-layer dip, etc... If so you would be sick as a dog and probably have to leave the celebration you were at.

There's plenty of things you can have that feel festive, yet won't rip up your (newly healed) guts.  Wings w/ mayo, crudités with dip, sliders with sweet potato buns...etc. 

Just wanted to say.. it's not the end of the world if it runs into Super Bowl.

Of course, you're an adult and you can make your own decision.  Full compliance does garner the best result, as we are really trying to see what different foods do to our bodies and minds.

We are a huge football family (sadly my Packers are done).  I make home baked chicken wings (bake them a long time til their crispy), use some hot sauce on them.  I make guacamole or homemade mayo for dips,  vegi's maybe kale chips, ect.  I usually plan to have everything done at half time, so for me it is a meal.  

Now, I can't have beer, other chips or stuff, but frankly no one notices, and I don't really miss them.  

If you want to stay committed to a complete W30 and reap the full benefits you may need to start over, if not, no one here will come to your house and arrest you.  

Just try to consider that you can make it through Superbowl Sunday compliant.  You will feel like you've won the game!

I say its up to you. To be 100% compliant, sure, start over. If you're comfortable with your slip, then don't. Let's face it - we've all been there, misreading or misunderstanding a label - its normal and its a pain in the ass. Its probably not enough to derail you, and ultimately if it were me, I would move on from it. I had a similar mishap (with some sausage my butcher lied to me about, and with some cashew butter that had sunflower seed oil in it) but I just moved on, because personally I believe I saw tremendous benefit from eating as clean as I did and I do not think the mistakes were worth me beating myself up over. 

That said, the rules are the rules, and if you want to be 100% compliant, then you'll need to add some time to the end of your 30 days. 

Also: there are tons of whole30 compliant foods for the super bowl. Veggies dipped in homemade guac, these amazing-looking jalapeno lime wings with ranch, bacon-wrapped dates, these guacamole bacon stuffed pepper poppers (I just like the name), these red pepper triangle things, etc. Plus veggies and a million mayo-based dips. 

Archived