SIBO die-off?

And the oversharing continues ...

It's Day 15 and I feel worse than I have at any time during my Whole 30. Even with my GI issues my mental state has been great so far ... and now today and yesterday I am shaky, anxious, brain-fogged, snappy with my kids, and tired just from going up the stairs (when normally I am a trail runner and Crossfitter!)

No change in what I'm eating. Drinking 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water. Still taking enzymes and probiotics and eating kimchi; added some peppermint/oregano oil supplements 20 min before meals, 2x a day. Super-loose stools yesterday. Could this be die-off from SIBO? Will I feel better soon if so?

I am so glad I just came across this thread...im having the SAME issues and today is Day 14 for me. I thought the "hardest" part was over, but it's getting worse and worse. I haven't had any major cravings until today and yesterday; it's more of a struggle now more than ever! And as of yesterday, I'm just all around angry, impatient, forgetful and on top of the brain fog, I'm freakin exhausted & still not sleeping through the night. My stools have been loose-regular-loose-regular...etc.. on and off since Day 5 & I'm curious to see what that's about also. So, yeah, you are def not alone! Sigh.

Glad to hear I'm not alone either. I'm on day 19 and STILL tired. Some days are better than others. I went from "going" every day to now it's every 4 days (if I'm lucky) and when that happens...it's not a comfortable thing. I've always been one to have great poo - every day, no issues...now I don't have anything BUT issues. I have contemplated just stopping but then I think I might still be healing. Maybe I'm still repairing my gut while my friend who's on day 4 is in tiger blood phase. I only have 11 days left of this torture (that's how I view it now). Maybe things will change before then?

I know this thread is old, but for any newcomers who stumble across it:

1. Check your starchy veggie intake. Make sure you're eating them. That really helps with constipation AND loose stools.

2. Watch the raw veggies and nuts - opt for cooked veggies and cut the nuts if you're experiencing GI issues.

3. Don't underestimate the power of nature. Many women experience shifts in their monthly cycle during Whole30 - it's not dangerous or unhealthy, just a result of hormonal shifts.

Archived