6 weeks 1 day pregnant, day 18 of whole30-PANTS ARE TIGHT

I've been following the whole30, since January 6, 2014.  I have been focusing on vegetables and protein and healthy fat. Limiting nuts, fruit and starchy vegetables. If i do have a sweet potatoe its half, with breakfast.  My pants are tight.  Like getting uncomfortable. I am not trying to lose weight, and havent weighed myself. My plan to have a whole30 pregnancy to give baby the healthiest start, and help combat weight gain from unreasonable food choices seems to be not working?

I'm eating 3 meals a day, Breakfast was  1/2 cup grass fed ground beef over 2 cups shredded lettuce with 2 eggs over easy and 1/2 avocado and compliant salsa. Lunch will be a salad, with half of a chicken breast some lettuce, compliant salsa.

Dinner will be left over chicken 'curry' that I made with chicken, coconut milk and tons of veggies.

thats pretty typical for a day-

Why is it uncomfortable to have my pants buttoned?!!

This is my second pregnancy.

Thx

Sandy

Well, I would definitely say that the reason your pants are tight is because you are pregnant with your second. I was able to hide my first pregnancy and was in regular jeans all the way up until I was 18 weeks with my first. With my second I had to unbutton my pants and use the belly band or do the "rubber band trick" from the second I found out. I also think that it's normal to hold onto a bit of water during the first trimester as well. I wouldn't worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...

You and I could be telling the same story. I'm 6weeks pregnant with baby 3. I have been doing Whole30 since January 6th and have been very strict and diligent. This is actually my third time doing a Whole30 and I'm eating no differently than I did during my last two. I'm also feeling that my pants are getting snug and I worried about weight gain..... but I know it's bloating and showing. Keep treating your body and baby well and don't sweat it!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived