Compliant deli meat

mskapaldo

I haven't really looked into compliant deli meat until I came across a statement on the "Can I have... forum". I hardly eat deli meat but if I do eat it (before I was on Whole30), I like the FF Roasted Turkey by Wegmans.  I am not sure if that is compliant or not. How do I know? Do I ask to read the package? Has anyone found any compliant deli meat? 

I haven't really looked into compliant deli meat until I came across a statement on the "Can I have... forum". I hardly eat deli meat but if I do eat it (before I was on Whole30), I like the FF Roasted Turkey by Wegmans.  I am not sure if that is compliant or not. How do I know? Do I ask to read the package? Has anyone found any compliant deli meat? 

You will likely have to ask to see the package or call the company.  It's rare to find deli meats without sugar added (usually as a preservative), but Applegate Farms makes some varieties (cut fresh, not pre-packed)

Whole Foods carries a Fresh Fields roasted turkey that is sliced at the deli counter that is compliant.

(You can actually read their labels in the case which is nice as the deli employees already think I'm crazy.)

Applegate Organic roast beef and Applegate Natural turkey bologna are both compliant although some people have found the roast beef with non-compliant ingredients.  So always read the labels.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived