3 weeks of my meals

LowCarbKitty

Hola!

I've been blogging my journey and have three weeks worth of info on what I ate every day and high level shopping lists.

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Please note I'm doing a low carb version, so I don't eat a lot of fruit. I also LOVE steak, so if you don't like red meat or eat a lot of it, sub out with say, chicken. I hate chicken but I choke it down on occasion.

For me, the #1 survival tip is doing a lot of bulk cooking and prep. Cooking in large batches, so I can then feast upon the leftovers for the next night or two really helped me from making poor choices. 

Some feedback:

- do you have a copy of the meal template? Whole30 recommends every meal has 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and a compliant fat. Several breakfasts were missing veggies.

- snacks, if needed, are recommended to be a mini meal including a protein and fat. Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30.

-confirm that your cafeteria's deli meat is compliant: no sugar, gluten, carrageenan or other nasties

-also confirm your bacon is compliant: no sugar

No, I do not have a copy of the meal template. I eat a slew of veggies during my lunch, so I feel pretty comfortable with no mornin' veggies.

Good point - I HAVE been snacking a little bit daily on nuts (mostly cashews and almonds). I just didn't include them on there. My primary snack is avocado.

Yes, my cafeteria's deli and grill meat is compliant.

Yes, my bacon is compliant. 

Thanks.

to be clear: following the meal template isn't "required" in order to be compliant. That said, it really is a great tool for the most success possible on the plan. I was not a "veggies for breakfast" person before I started whole30 (unless it was a 1/2 cup of spinach in a smoothie) and changing just that aspect of my eating has made a huge positive impact on my health. I guess I figure if you are going to take the trouble to do a whole30, might as well try to comply with the guidelines as well as the rules.  :)

So the past 2 days I've been EXHAUSTED. Tired enough that I could NOT work out. This is very unusual for me. I'm training for a marathon and half Ironman. I haven't had any strenuous workouts because I haven't had the energy. I've been going to bed super early and sleeping in later than usual. Getting 9 hours of sleep. Today is day 13 for me. I feel a little better today. Feel like I have energy. I'm a little shaky energy and my morning cup of coffee is still sitting on my desk full. Also, note, i started my period 1 week early. This is probably contributing to my exhaustion. Could someone look over my meal logs and let me know what I should change :-)

Day 11: 

Meal 1: 2 egg muffins (veggies), Chicken sausage patty and 1/2 chicken sausage link, 1 date

Meal 2: 2.5 cups Bison sweet potato Chili, Walnut/cashew mix, Orange, and snap peas

Meal 3: Whole bell pepper (raw ate while dinner cooked), 1 1/2 servings of Thai curry chicken/shrimp, side of sauteed kale w/garlic

Snack before bed because i was STARVING: Sweet potato 

No exercise, too fatigued

Day 12: (Started cycle)

Meal 1: 2 egg muffins, 1.5  chicken sausage links, 1/4 avocado, 1/2 grapefruit, coffee black

Meal 2: 2.5 cups bison sweet potato chili, snap peas

Snack: Banana, Wal-nut cashew, slivered almonds 1 serving 

Meal 3: 1 serving Thai chicken curry, sweet potato, watermelon

Snack before bed: Again really hungry 2 servings cashews

Day 13: Today

Meal 1: 2 egg muffins, steak pieces, 1/2 grapefruit

Meal 2: Chicken curry, sweet potato 

**Egg muffins include spinach, kale, peppers, and onions. Each muffin contains 1 egg. 

Thanks for any advice or recommendations you can give :-) 

So the past 2 days I've been EXHAUSTED. Tired enough that I could NOT work out. This is very unusual for me. I'm training for a marathon and half Ironman. I haven't had any strenuous workouts because I haven't had the energy. I've been going to bed super early and sleeping in later than usual. Getting 9 hours of sleep. Today is day 13 for me. I feel a little better today. Feel like I have energy. I'm a little shaky energy and my morning cup of coffee is still sitting on my desk full. Also, note, i started my period 1 week early. This is probably contributing to my exhaustion. Could someone look over my meal logs and let me know what I should change :-)

Day 11: 

Meal 1: 2 egg muffins (veggies), Chicken sausage patty and 1/2 chicken sausage link, 1 date

Meal 2: 2.5 cups Bison sweet potato Chili, Walnut/cashew mix, Orange, and snap peas

Meal 3: Whole bell pepper (raw ate while dinner cooked), 1 1/2 servings of Thai curry chicken/shrimp, side of sauteed kale w/garlic

Snack before bed because i was STARVING: Sweet potato 

No exercise, too fatigued

Day 12: (Started cycle)

Meal 1: 2 egg muffins, 1.5  chicken sausage links, 1/4 avocado, 1/2 grapefruit, coffee black

Meal 2: 2.5 cups bison sweet potato chili, snap peas

Snack: Banana, Wal-nut cashew, slivered almonds 1 serving 

Meal 3: 1 serving Thai chicken curry, sweet potato, watermelon

Snack before bed: Again really hungry 2 servings cashews

Day 13: Today

Meal 1: 2 egg muffins, steak pieces, 1/2 grapefruit

Meal 2: Chicken curry, sweet potato 

**Egg muffins include spinach, kale, peppers, and onions. Each muffin contains 1 egg. 

Thanks for any advice or recommendations you can give :-) 

Your body is likely still in the process of switching to fat adapted --  that can take a few weeks.

Instead of the sweet potato later in the day, try adding it (or another carb-dense vegetable) to your first meal.

Are you also including pre/postWO fuel around your workouts? PreWO is protein and optional fat. PostWO is protein and carb.

Are you getting enough fat at each meal?  I'd up the avocado to at least 1/2. 

Snacks, if needed between meals, should be a mini-meal including a protein and fat. Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30. Save your 1-2 servings of fruit to enjoy with or immediately after meals only.

Archived