Spaghetti Squash - what's your fav recipe?

Derval

I picked up one yesterday (they are very hard to find in Ireland!) and looking for some good ideas.

The last one I got I had with a meat ragu, made a carbonara with, and had plain as a side dish.

Any other tasty recipe ideas?

I make this about once a week http://www.theclothe...paleo-pad-thai/ but I make Melissa's sunshine sauce with almond butter instead of sun butter (not because there's anything wrong with sun butter per se, I just prefer almond :))

Agreed on the Pad Thai. I've also made this one from Paleomg. They are similar, but I think the Paleomg one is better, IMO.

I'm jealous that you're able to find them at all. My veg guy doesn't even know what they are. What do they look like? I suspect we found one accidentally here in Galway, only because of the texture after cooking.

I suppose it looks like an elongated yellow skinned melon?

aha google images!

baked-spaghetti-squash-garlic-butter-4564.jpg

I heard of it before but never tried it. We just had it for lunch and what a strange vegetable. I just made spaghetti spaghetti squash. I used a jar of pasta sauce (making sure it had no added sugar or other no no's) mixed with grass fed ground beef. It was really good and we didn't miss the pasta at all.

Archived