Whole 30 approved mayo?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the mayo I made with my Immersion blender but don't know what ton use it on. What do you use it i

on?

I make tuna salad, egg salad, shrimp salad, spread it on burgers or on deli meat for roll ups, make Well Fed's special sauce for Egg Foo Yong or Moroccan dipping sauce for chicken...

Yup..I do all the things Xandra does plus I coat fish, lamb or skinless boneless chicken or pork tenderloin before grilling or roasting. I also make the fabulous avocado/mayo sauce from well fed. Makes a great dressing for taco salads or dipping any meat in. :wub:

I eat it off a spoon :rolleyes: and my 20 month old son loves it too! He gets really excited when I get ready to make mayo... he grabs his foot stool so he can see what Mommy is doing and makes a sound like the blender when it runs--- Mmmmm, Mmmmm and he always has to have a taste or two when the mayo is done. I always do a taste test at the end to make sure it is ok, and he has to as well. He is my little chef in training! :wub:

Spin I was not going to admit my "licking the spatula" behavior. :) Before I discovered I could make it right in the jar I keep it in, I got a lot more on that spatula. Now it's just what gets stuck in the bottom of my immersion blender. Xandra knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about I'll bet. :)

Spin I was not going to admit my "licking the spatula" behavior. :) Before I discovered I could make it right in the jar I keep it in, I got a lot more on that spatula. Now it's just what gets stuck in the bottom of my immersion blender. Xandra knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about I'll bet. :)

I do. :) And I got a small spatula that scrapes those bits right out so none goes to waste.

Here's my favorite recipe/method. She mentions "if you like the Miracle Whip tang, this will be right up your alley". It calls for raw honey, so you'd have to leave that out during your W30. I use extra light olive oil instead of grapeseed and it turns out delicious.

I just made homemade mayo for the first time in my life using this video as a guide, and it was so easy my nine year old did most of it! I can't believe I've been scared of making mayonnaise! It's completely easy and so cheap too.

Woohoo!

I have been really happy with my very simple Whole30 strategy - meats, salads, fruit, nuts. Like, super-duper REALLY happy. But now that I know that I'll be eating this way for the forseeable future, I'm eager to try out the cooking methods. I'm absolutely delighted, and (ahem) very thankful today.

Archived