Whole 30 approved mayo?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just made a blog post about making mayonnaise for the first time! Usually my blog is about what it's like to come out as a lesbian later in life. But I take regular detours for food posts. Here's one: http://makingspaceth...ade-mayonnaise/

OMG I looked at your blog and found the "Gardening Under The Florida Sun" blog site and those puppies.. OMG -squeal-

I enjoyed reading your blog too. :)

OMG I looked at your blog and found the "Gardening Under The Florida Sun" blog site and those puppies.. OMG -squeal-

I enjoyed reading your blog too. :)

I know, those puppies!!! They are big now, and the family kept three of them - so they have five standard poodles ransacking, err, living in, the house. Ha!

I know, those puppies!!! They are big now, and the family kept three of them - so they have five standard poodles ransacking, err, living in, the house. Ha!

I have one Standard Poodle and love him so much. I am a real poodle fan. I would love to see your blog that Sharon mentioned. Please send me the link. Thanks in advance.

I have one Standard Poodle and love him so much. I am a real poodle fan. I would love to see your blog that Sharon mentioned. Please send me the link. Thanks in advance.

Note that I'm not the one that has the poodles. If you go to the sidebar in my blog and click on the link for Gardening Under the Florida Sun, you'll get to the blog belonging to the woman who has the poodles. She hasn't updated her blog in a while, she's just been posting pics on FB. But you can see the poodles as pups. Too cute!

If you're a Miracle Whip lover, you'll likely prefer Miracle Whip's Light. If you're a fan of Best Foods mayonnaise, try one of Best Foods/Hellmann's lighter options (my money is on the Olive Oil Mayonnaise Dressing). If you were raised on Dukes' zesty mayonnaise, Duke's Light will likely be a winner for you.

what.jpg

These are miles away from W30 compliance...

Amy, I have been searching for those puppies. :) Now I will go check them out.

Right. Look on my "Blogs I Follow" list for Gardening under the Florida Sun, and click through to her blog. It's a beautiful blog, and the pups are grown - I am only seeing pics from her on FB these days, but you can see her garden and her pups when they were little on the blog. Lovely and adorable!

No, none of them are close to being compliant. Homemade mayo is the way to go. :)

Yep, I've just made another batch. I used to make it in the Vitamix but it was sooo frustrating because i can't get my tongue down to the bottom to lick it out :( and believe me, it's not for want of trying :). With the stick blender, clean-up is a breeze :D

Amy thank you so much. Those puppies are adorable.

I am so impressed with your blog. It takes a lot of courage and introspection to lay it all out there.

I applaud you for that .

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the blog - and the mayo post - and my friend's puppies!

Yep, I've just made another batch. I used to make it in the Vitamix but it was sooo frustrating because i can't get my tongue down to the bottom to lick it out :( and believe me, it's not for want of trying :). With the stick blender, clean-up is a breeze :D

You have to go to the ER more than the usual person, right?

• 1 month later...

For those of you who make mayo regularly, how much do you usually make? How long will it stay good for? I'm wondering if I should just make tiny batches or a decent sized batch for the whole 30 days? I don't use a ton of mayo, but my husband likes it a lot. He even puts it on meatloaf and eats it with his sweet potato fries. O.o

Oh, good to know. It's entirely possibly 8 ounces would last us 2 weeks, depending on my husband's work schedule. Just to be clear, a single batch would be the 1 egg, 2 T lemon juice, 1.25 cups light olive oil plus some spices? I guess that would definitely be more than 8 ounces, as the oil alone is over 8 ounces. Might be good to make on a day I do a chicken salad or something, then just put away the remaining 8 ounces.... hmmm. Trying to figure out the logistics here! Ha. :)

I am also thinking I'm going to need more tupperware for this. :D

• 4 years later...

I'm so glad I read the label before buying dijon mustard! It has sugar listed as an ingredient. I ended up buying spicy brown mustard instead. I hope it's an acceptable substitute for this recipe. I have a Vitamix blender that has a similar mayo recipe listed so I'm going to try your recipe in my Vitamix and see if it works out well. If this works, I think it will make it easier for me to eat compliant food for 30 days. This is my 3rd attempt. My coworker joked and said, "you know it's 30 consecutive days, right?" Everyone's a comedian.

Archived