You know someone is doing a Whole30 when...

jhmomi

... they bring a tupperware container to the gym for their post workout snack.

... they specifically tell their waiter they want their meat dry grilled with no butter, no oil and no seasoning.

... they have 10 cans of coconut milk in their shopping cart at TJ's.

... they go to a restaurant and ask for a salad with no cheese, no dressing, no croutons, and no candied pecans. And they brought their own dressing.

OK people lets have some fun. What else can you come up with?

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...They go out for a drink with friends and pass up the wine, chips, soda,flavored nuts and happily sip on sparkling water and munch on macadamia nuts from their handbag.

...They give up their weekly treat of a hot chocolate with work colleagues,and instead have a herbal tea

...after spreading peanut butter on toast for their son, they don't even lick their fingers

...they have a spring in their step and can't wait to go out and do some exercise

You see them in the sausage aisle saying, "Are you kidding me? Seriously? Who puts sugar in that?" and stamping their foot like a two-year old.

They have a freezer FULL of Applegate organic hot dogs.

Every single day, they're hard boiling eggs.

They go into ecstasy over a little coconut butter.

They have ten kinds of tea in their cabinet.

This is an awesome thread!

-- they know what carageen, soy lecithin, kohlrabi, and chard are

-- they don't complain about feeling bloated or lethargic

-- they are really disappointed when spaghetti squash is out of season and thrilled when strawberries come into season

-- they find themself standing in front of the refrigerator saying "man I wish I had a cauliflower!"

-- an egg is warming on their counter because they are going to make mayo

... they are visibly disappointed to learn the pre-cooked shrimp at their grocery store seafood counter contains sodium tripolyphosphate.

... they get excited when they find grass-fed beef on sale.

... they read through at least a dozen labels of herbal tea before deciding on one that is "clean" and worthy of purchase.

... they have no problem paying $5 for a dozen pastured eggs.

they are on farmers market at Saturday morning instead of sleeping

they are able to buy and carry 20 pounds of organic beef on their own back across whole city

they spend whole Sunday cooking, preparing and freezing

they are only people who never touch free sweets at work

they are angry if they see paleo pancakes labeled as "Whole30 approved" on Pinterest

... you buy cacao nibs, eat five tiny bits, and feel like you cheated.

... you pay $4.99 for a small bag of dried cranberries for your salads, just because they are sweetened with fruit juice instead of sugar.

This thread made me laugh so hard!!!!

...when you check for sugar free bacon EVERY time you go to the grocery store, even though you were just there 2 days ago and they didn't have any.

...when you bring your own kale to a BBQ at a friends house to make kale chips to eat with your lettuce burger.

OMG. I am so scared to go look in my freezer. This could really ruin things for me for a while....

FYI - I have shrimp from TJ's that is compliant. :) Of course I don't know that the additive is specifically non-compliant, it just sounded gross and unnecessary so I took a pass.

You know someone is doing a Whole30 when...

...they feel guilty for eating a Larabar because it's "processed".

...they know not to buy roasted cashews at TJ's because they contain rice bran oil. (Seriously - what's up with that?)

... they are excited about the cinnamon apple tidbits they made as a school snack for their kids in their dehydrator. (From "Eat Like a Dinosaur" - just chopped apple tossed with cinnamon and dried). Excited enough to immediately order an apple peeler/spiral slicer/corer from Amazon! (I am limiting my consumption to a few pieces at a time, never a big bowl, but they are a yummy, healthy treat.)

... they are shocked to discover that the three dozen eggs they just bought a week ago are already gone.

Thank you for this!

They have this conversation with the TJ's cashier (and this was yesterday)

Me: do you have Larabars?

Cashier: yes, many kinds. Do you want me to hold your place in line while you run over?

Me: No. Thank you but I can't have them right now.

Cashier: but they're just fruit and nuts

Me: I know, but I have an unhealthy psychological relationship with them. They feel like dessert.

Cashier: but they're just fruit and nuts

Archived