You know someone is doing a Whole30 when...

jhmomi

... When your husband asks you to pick up 'bread, ham, cheese, tim tams and lemonade' for him from the supermarket, you feel super guilty putting it in the shopping cart and want to let everyone going past know that you "don't eat this crap".

LMAO I know this was 2 years ago but this resonated with me as I totally told a lady at the store who commented on all my healthy food how the margarine and bread was my husband and picky child's choices! 

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

When fitting your groceries into the fridge on food shop day is a work out in itself...

Yes! And I have two fridges!  Husband's son asked if he could store something in the second fridge the other day and I told him if it wasn't out of my fridge by shopping day, it was getting evicted, I need SPAAAACE! LOL!

When you call into the butchers to pick up your pork shoulder and the owner shouts to his apprentice from the back 'She'll want the big one!'  :o  :blink:  :lol:

You always have the *best* butcher stories. :-)

You always have the *best* butcher stories. :-)

He's a great guy - he knows his meat, and he knows how to cook it too.... Once you have a good relationship with your butcher you know he's always gonna give you the best cuts of meat. I trust him, I know the meat is locally sourced, and no way would I even entertain the thought of buying from a supermarket! Plus he has a cracking sense of humour  :D

When you have taken over an entire crisper drawer in the work pantry's refrigerator so you have a place to store your lunch and keep it all together. Anyone else tries to put food in that drawer I move it!

Guest Andria

You have to play tupperware tetris to get all of your food for lunch into your lunchbag.

^This.  I often joke about my feeding trough of a lunch bag. I have to rearrange the work refrigerator to get it to fit!

Guest Andria

You get super excited when you get the call the your 1/3 of a grass fed cow is ready!! It's my first cow! :)

And you don't mind having a 7 cubic foot chest freezer in your 3rd bedroom for said cow.

Heh. Although I agree that most IHOP food is not what I'm really interested in eating, I do end up there sometimes.  This may help you figure out how to navigate their menu so that you can sit with the BF and eat something:

http://www.glutenfreegigi.com/how-to-eat-gluten-free-at-ihop/

The summary is that they will crack shell eggs for you, which are far less adulterated than the mix (including pancake batter) they usually use for omelettes.  They use butter for cooking and Pam on their cooking surfaces, which is why all their foods say that they have soy in them -- Pam contains soy lecithin.  But I'm pretty sure they will dry-cook instead, and that at least some of their veggies can be steamed rather than cooked in others stuff.  They also often have baked potatoes.  Might take some research, but I bet you can get a compliant meal there.

ThyPeace, has had to eat out a LOT the last few months.

• 2 weeks later...

You buy Dairy Queen for  the nurses and your mom in the nursing home, drive back with them in the seat next to you, feed your mom ice cream, while you chomp on a turkey jerky and wipe each bit of Butterfingers blizzard off your fingers and really enjoy the jerky!  And, you are happy that she is enjoying her ice cream!  

You give up on using a regular lunch bag to bring your food to work and switch to a reusable grocery bag.

Your mixing bowls forget they were once used to prepare cookie dough, instead have been repurposed as massive salad bowls … for one.

Archived