You know someone is doing a Whole30 when...

jhmomi

This. Haha. I am taking packets of sugar if I buy coffee or tea somewhere and keep them for guests after I had to examine literally every shelf...only to find out I had no sugar at all. Friend's face was something to remember.

HAHAHAHA. Been here. Also, "What do you mean you have no bread? Who the **** has no bread?" When she realized that there was no cheese, nor milk in my fridge...oh man ^_^

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not specifically breakfast, but...

Pumpkin and pear soup

2T oil

1 onion, diced

1T curry powder

500g butternut pumpkin, skin on, diced

2 very ripe brown pears, peeled, diced (I never peel, but it's really hard to get the texture smooth with the skin on, so up to you)

3.5c chicken or vegetable stock

Saute onion in oil until soft, about 5 mins. Add curry powder and stir for a minute, then add pumpkin and pear, and saute another 5 mins. Add stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until pumpkin is tender. Blend until smooth.

Not specifically breakfast, but...

Pumpkin and pear soup

2T oil

1 onion, diced

1T curry powder

500g butternut pumpkin, skin on, diced

2 very ripe brown pears, peeled, diced (I never peel, but it's really hard to get the texture smooth with the skin on, so up to you)

3.5c chicken or vegetable stock

Saute onion in oil until soft, about 5 mins. Add curry powder and stir for a minute, then add pumpkin and pear, and saute another 5 mins. Add stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until pumpkin is tender. Blend until smooth.

Oh noms. This is getting made and soon. :wub:

It is pretty sweet (not overly so, but definitely not savoury, despite the curry powder), so if that's the kind of thing that wakes up your sugar dragon, may not be a great idea.

And also:

You are an expert at playing fridge Tupperware Tetris

... when you cook 3 meals a day and love it!

...when you learn how they make things at your favorite restaurant and frequent the ones who make it the way you request.

...when you look in another shopping cart at the store and want to tell them they should not waste their money on that non food.

...when you find out how much you love coconut.

...when you start posting on a forum for the first time.

...when you cook 20 chicken thighs at once and you are the only one eating. Some did get frozen!

• 1 month later...

-When you only shop on the outside circumfrence of the store, and never go down the isles

-when you panic realizing if you ever got a new job you wouldn't be able to go home and cook lunch every day.

You are an expert at playing fridge Tupperware Tetris

LOL Just found this thread - so funny!

You know you've been W30 for awhile when you accidentally eat something non-compliant and immediately spit it out because you can taste the bad ingredient in question.  I purchased a different brand of liver sausage and didn't check the label carefully (shameful, I know <_< ).  One bite and I could taste the sugar.  So gross! :wacko:

(all true for me)

- They crave cabbage (ok, not all the time, but sometimes!).

- They have packed lunch to take to a hair appointment.

- They feel like a moron for taking so long to realize that there was a whole extra drawer available in which to store food in the fridge.  Who needs a dairy drawer?

...they spend their entire lunch hour on a bus to and from the one store in the city that stocks Red Boat fish sauce.

...they get a big loopy grin on their faces when they cut open an Asian-style Scotch egg and the yolk is perfectly cooked.

...they phone you just to announce that they have finally made mayonnaise successfully.

Archived