May 5th start

Kage

hello everyone!  Today is my first day too….one day at a time right.  Last year I cleaned up my diet a lot by eliminating a lot of processed foods, the hardest being the cream in my morning coffee.  If I did it, trust me, anybody can.  I actually quite like black coffee now, especially since discovering how to cold brew, it doesn't have the bitter black coffee taste.  Cheese will be my challenge :) 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was craving something sweet after my Thai Curry Chicken lunch (yummy!) so I decided to give the Rooibos tea a try to see if it would do the trick.  And, yes! it worked. I'm looking forward to having another cup after my dinner tonight. For anyone that's trying to kick the "end of the day glass(es) of wine", try drinking herbal tea. That's what worked for me the first time around. This time, I decided to give up alcohol a couple of weeks before starting the program so it would be one less thing to think about. So far day 1 is going great!

Good Morning Everyone,

Day 1 and already a little hic up :o ....... the egg mixture that I made Sunday for Monday and Tuesday breakfast had disappeared in my fridge.

Children ! I have three and two of them had one each unknown to me. But at least they are enjoying my Whole30 recipes too!

So this morning I had to scramble a little but that is what I did, scramble up some eggs in the microwave ... and of course had my coffee black which was not that bad. 

So, so far so go but only meal one! :D

Hope everyone is doing good and facing the challenge!

Off to work and my prepared lunch which no one took of a grilled chicken breast, salad and cut up peppers and cucumbers.

Supper will be another salad (I love salads) and I made some turkey meatballs which taste great!

What is everyone drinking besides water and black coffee or tea??????

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Donna :rolleyes:

Hi Donna,

I'm drinking herbal tea (Roobios is so far my favorite) as well as sparking water. Sometimes I'll add some fresh lemon to the sparkling water for a little flavor.  Also, I'm a huge fan of the Lacroix sparkling water.

Sounds like everyone's off t9 a good start!! We can do this!! I'm glad I'm not the only one nervous about it!! I did paleo a few yrs back and felt great but I guess I slid back to not so healthy eating!! It's great to have the support here! I am also worried about no wine!?!? Eeek!!! I am going to need a lot of support there!! :)

My Day 1 has been going pretty good.  I am eating a snack right now.  Dinner won't be until about 9 p.m. or later, so a snack is absolutely necessary!  I am hoping to gain energy and feel healthier.  And I know I could use the support! 

Hi everyone! Today is my first day too. Sadly, I already messed up! Ugh! As I was making my daughter's PB&J sandwich this morning, I liked my fingers! :(  I also threw a piece of gum in my mouth when I got into the car without even thinking! Man, these habits are going to be hard to break. I am still considering this my first day because I have done well otherwise. I will probably add on an extra day though. Anyway,  I am happy to have a group of people doing this with me too. Good luck everyone! :)

Today has been good so far for me. I was a little hungry around 230p, so I had a mini meal.  I was surprised that I didn't have a caffeine headache, I normally always get them if I do not have coffee or coke in the morning; we'll see how tomorrow goes though.

@tarathetarabull teacher appreciation week is the worst, I didn't even realize it was when I picked today to start! If we survive this week while surrounded by sweets at our schools, we can definitely do the whole thing.

Yay! End of day 1 and so far, so good. I was pretty active today with tennis and xfit so I added an extra meal. Here are a few recipes that I've made over the last couple of days:

Sweet Potato Quiche

Beef & Pumpkin Stew

Thai Curry Chicken

Lots & Lots of Sauteed Spinach and Kale

There are so many Whole 30 approved recipes out there! It's just me and my husband eating here so there's plenty for leftovers or to freeze for another week.  I hope everyone had a great 1st day :)

Hi, everyone. My name is tara_bella and this is the first day of my first Whole 30. So far, I have two interesting problems. One is that I've been hit with a terrible afternoon sleepiness. It's been a fight to just keep my eyes open. I assume that is just sugar withdrawal and will get better in a few days. My bigger concern is with eating so much meat. I have sensitivities to eggs, and eating meat four times a day is pretty unpleasant. Hopefully, that will get easier with time. It's great to have other people who are at the same level to talk to. Best of luck to all of us.

*waves* hi every one. Day 2 almost done, just having an after dinner cup of tea because I want to rip into the pantry and eat EVERYTHING lol. I am exausted. I don't think I ate enough today and probably needed some sweet potato or something similar. Need to get my head around pre and post workout meals. I struggled during my first whole30 and it is one of the areas I would like to do better this time.

Hi, everyone. My name is tara_bella and this is the first day of my first Whole 30. So far, I have two interesting problems. One is that I've been hit with a terrible afternoon sleepiness. It's been a fight to just keep my eyes open. I assume that is just sugar withdrawal and will get better in a few days. My bigger concern is with eating so much meat. I have sensitivities to eggs, and eating meat four times a day is pretty unpleasant. Hopefully, that will get easier with time. It's great to have other people who are at the same level to talk to. Best of luck to all of us.

The sleepiness should get better but if it doesn't you might not be eating enough or might need more carby veggies :)

Okay...so I am at the start of day three and I really started struggling last night with fatigue. I went to bed a little earlier and am still feeling exhausted today. I know it is just because me body is detoxing. Any of you on your second time around have any tips to get through the detox days?

Also, I've noticed that I am ravenous in the afternoons. I feel like the lunch I had yesterday was huge but I was starving by 3pm. I'm wondering if I didn't include enough fat? I had paleo meatloaf, roasted cauliflower and a small sweet potato sprinkled with cinnimon. It looks like my only source of fat was just from the meat.

Good Morning Everyone! :)

Onto Day 2....  I am finding hard the no snacking, I use to snack all day long. :unsure:

Breakfast went well this morning, no kiddies ate my breakfast.

So this morning I had my egg scrambler (saute vege with eggs poured on top and baked in the over), broccili salad (broccili, onions, and homemade mayo with a dash of vinegar and some garlic) and I had an orange...... and of course 'black coffee' which is getting better.

I made some lemon water to get me thru the day..... lunch is my salad, and spagetti.

Supper unsure.... any ideas ???????

tara_bella, I also felt a little sluggish yesterday afternoon, hopefully today it will be a little better. :blink:

Way to go Kage :D , Day 2 done for you!

Hope everyone is doing well !

Just wondering.... since this is my first time, how much should we be eating for each meal?

The book says you should eat enough at your meal to hold you till the next meal. If you are hungry between meals that means you need to do something different with your meals to get you through like eat more protien or veggies or in my case my meals were lacking fat.

Good Morning Everyone! :)

Onto Day 2....  I am finding hard the no snacking, I use to snack all day long. :unsure:

Breakfast went well this morning, no kiddies ate my breakfast.

So this morning I had my egg scrambler (saute vege with eggs poured on top and baked in the over), broccili salad (broccili, onions, and homemade mayo with a dash of vinegar and some garlic) and I had an orange...... and of course 'black coffee' which is getting better.

I made some lemon water to get me thru the day..... lunch is my salad, and spagetti.

Supper unsure.... any ideas ???????

tara_bella, I also felt a little sluggish yesterday afternoon, hopefully today it will be a little better. :blink:

Way to go Kage :D , Day 2 done for you!

Hope everyone is doing well !

Just wondering.... since this is my first time, how much should we be eating for each meal?

The first time I did the W30, I was eating cashews as a snack. A day in my diet went like this: two eggs (however) with a couple sausage links and a cup of green tea for breakfast. For lunch I would have 3 or 4 slices of deli meat, a couple mandarin oranges, baggie of grapes, a SoBe water, and some cashews. Dinner was usually a salad and some meat (steak, brat, tilapia, etc). I drink water all day and if I felt hungry I would snack on some cashews and then I would go do something.....anything! Vacuum, work on the car, give the dog a bath, mow the yard, go for a walk....anything. After the first few days of being physically dizzy (body wondering where the sugar went) I felt great. Slept like a baby and had tons of energy.

@nobothers13 - I noticed you said that you wouldn't be eating dinner until 9pm or later. I don't know your schedule but that is very late to have dinner depending on when you go to bed. If you go to bed shortly after eating, that will need to change so you can balance the time between meals.

@Donna - what kind of spaghetti are u having. Does it have carbs?

Dave

Hello everyone, today is day 17 for me. 

Wasn't able to find any forums similar to this one when I first started,  and then ran across the link for this one today. Best of luck to you all ! 

Good Morning,

Today is day two on my first official whole30. Yesterday was good.

It looked like

B-2 eggs with a little olive oil, asparagus and half a hamburger patty, black coffee.(at desk at work) 9am

S Quarter cup pistachios (desk at work)(11:30)

L - chicken, arugula, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, basil, carrots and avocado with meyer lemon olive oil, lemon pepper and salt.  1/2 sweet potato with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. (2PM)

S Quarter cup pistachios (4:30)

D sauteed carrots, asparagus, sweet potato and hamburger with cilantro and hot sauce.(8:30 pm) in bed.

I drank tons of water all day long. Carried a bottle with me everywhere like someone suggested (thank you).

Today I will attempt to replace pistachios with a mini meal if needed. I will try to eat one meal at a table. I will continue to be mindful and grateful as I eat of all the people who work in the fields to bring me my food. I will eat dinner earlier.

I hope everyone has a great 2nd day. I've been off the gym and tennis court for 2 weeks due to a hip injury and it looks like it will be a couple more weeks. Will try to start a little walking...sigh.

Miki

Hi Dave,

This is what the spagetti has in it ..... is a mixture of vege (onions, red pepper, green peppers, fresh tomato, mushrooms, celery,  fresh garlic and extra lean meat, with tomato sauce (just tomato and water-no sugar, we have one of those 'new' blenders-Blendtex) and salt, pepper to taste and we pour it over a spagetti squash after it is baked. If you have never tried spagetti squash I highly recommend it, we tried it last year for the first time and in our opinion is amazing, my children just loved it!

Pretty simple and tastes great. My kids and husband add cheese to the top and I do not.

Donna

I am going to start on Mon 12. I have been having a really hard time getting back on my Dr diet for Leaky Gut. This will be my second Whole30. I am going to start with weening myself off of foods this week, start on the 12. It is just hard because this is longer than a 30day period for me. Dr says it can take up to 3-4 months to cure it. I did really well the first time around. I have my bone broths ready for when I start. I am also going to start get the daily news letter. That was incredibly helpful

Madhatter, I haven't tried a bone broth yet, that sounds good. I was going to make what I used to call "Stinky Soup". I would cook up carrots, onions, broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms in chicken or beef broth. Then I would semi blend it and serve it over fresh spinach with avocado. I guess all I would have to do is add a protein.

MamaMiki

Archived