May 5th start

Kage

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found out that plantain chips are compliant if you eat them with a meal...but have quickly realized they are a no brakes food for me, as are sadly the Seaweed Snax. No more anything resembling a chip for me. 

Did anyone have crazy dreams lastnight? I kep dreaming that I accidentally ate a chip and I was so disappointed in myself until I would wake up and realize it was a dream. It happened a couple times. I did go to bed a lot earlier then normal and I probably will again tonight. By 7:00pm yesterday and I'm guessing today I'm spent.

Day 2 - really hungry at 3:45 had a slice of boars head roast beef and made it till dinner. Mmmmm dinner steak, heirloom tomatoe Greek like salad and roasted carrots. 2&5 yearold loved it too.

Just completed Day 2!  It started out fine but my 3 this afternoon I felt a headache coming on, so I had a mini meal to try and stop it.  It worked for a bit but came back about an hour before dinner, so I caved and took some migraine medicine; I was hoping to stay away from the medicine during the 30 days because I sleep horribly after taking it.  I didn't have any coffee this morning so that might have been the culprit, we'll see. I bought some 100% cacao this afternoon to add to my coffee, hopefully it will be a little bit easier to drink in the morning.  On to day 3!! Good Luck to all!!

Geminimik - you got this! Take one day at a time and realize that it is ONLY for 30 days! That's where they trick you! You do the 30 days and then you realize that its not so bad after all and you decide to stay on it. You actually make the choice to eat healthier and are happier about it. I love junk food, but it seems that we have a love/hate relationship. Be good to yourself and you will be surprised at what you accomplish in 30 days! Don't mean to brag.......but......I am on the Success Story forum...........just sayin! I look forward to hearing about your everyday success!

Dave

Good Morning Everyone! :)

Onto Day 2....  I am finding hard the no snacking, I use to snack all day long. :unsure:

Breakfast went well this morning, no kiddies ate my breakfast.

So this morning I had my egg scrambler (saute vege with eggs poured on top and baked in the over), broccili salad (broccili, onions, and homemade mayo with a dash of vinegar and some garlic) and I had an orange...... and of course 'black coffee' which is getting better.

I made some lemon water to get me thru the day..... lunch is my salad, and spagetti.

Supper unsure.... any ideas ???????

tara_bella, I also felt a little sluggish yesterday afternoon, hopefully today it will be a little better. :blink:

Way to go Kage :D , Day 2 done for you!

Hope everyone is doing well !

Just wondering.... since this is my first time, how much should we be eating for each meal?

Donna, I have been looking for a compliant recipe for broccoli salad; I think you might have saved me because it is one of my biggest cravings, lol.

Hello Everyone,

I also started yesterday. This is my second time around, I completed the first whole 30 in October. The first time I was having headaches by end of day 1, today I started feeling foggy and had to take a nap to help my headache. I was skeptical the first time around and I got amazing results... My eczema GONE, I was going through a costco size bottle of tums monthly and prilosec, I was able to quit that and I lost weight.

I went back to my bad habits and feel horrible. My body is craving healthy foods (at least that is what I am telling myself). I do need to drop some weight but I care more about feeling healthy.

I am done with day 2! as I type this I am looking and smelling orange chicken that my husband brought home, I have no desire to cheat because I know I will feel worse and will break out in hives with gluten.

For the first timers.... stick to it, its amazing how you learn which foods trigger certain things and what effect they have on our body.

The end of day two for me (west coaster).

I had a difficult day following the eating guidelines, but overall it felt like a good day.

8:30 Carne asada omelet with spinach, cilantro, onion & avocado. Black Coffee.

11:30 pistachios 1/4 c

2:30 beef with broccoli

5:30 pistachios 1/4 c

7:30 10 macadamias

cup of tea

lots of water

I am on a no-exercise directive for two more weeks. I need to give away the nuts and make some mini meals with fat/prot/veg.

What I'm happy about is that I feel craving three the end of today. Something is working. I can't wait to see what happens in 30 days. I have Mother's Day, Birthday and Disneyland in my 30 days so it will add some challenges, but as my pain subsides (I know if will from the 7 days I did this last week) I think I will have no desire to put painful foods back in my body.

Dave, thank you for the encouragement. I'm off to find the success forum and read about you. I  bet you don't eat nuts.

Mamamiki

Can I join in? I started on May 5th so that's 2 good days down. I did a whole30 last summer and got some great results. I remained Paleo-centric for months after but lately everything has creeped back into my diet and all those results have vanished. The one thing my whole30 did though, that I will be forever grateful for is, I am no longer addicted to Diet Coke and if that's all it had ever achieved then I would still consider it a resounding success :)

I will not be doing a proper whole30 this time as a few events this month prohibit that but I will be eating and living like a whole30'er for 26 out of 30 days at least. If I waited until I was ready to commit to a complete 30 I would be putting it off forever so I am going to do it this way.

Off to have a read of all your posts, looking forward to journeying together

Did anyone have crazy dreams lastnight? I kep dreaming that I accidentally ate a chip and I was so disappointed in myself until I would wake up and realize it was a dream. It happened a couple times. I did go to bed a lot earlier then normal and I probably will again tonight. By 7:00pm yesterday and I'm guessing today I'm spent.

I remember the dreams starting day 2 or 3 last time. I was eating home made bikkies and drinking champagne.

I'm too tired for coherent thought again tonight. Did some food shopping today, the check out lady commented on how healthy my shop was lol. I was actually thinking it looked unhealthy because of the lunch box snacks I had bought for the kids (I normally make them but can't face baking without tasting this early in a whole30 lol).

The coconut aminos I ordered from iherb arrived today (I wasn't able the source them any where locally last time) so it was yummy stir fry for dinner (and lunch tomorrow).

Donna, I have been looking for a compliant recipe for broccoli salad; I think you might have saved me because it is one of my biggest cravings, lol.

Hi Kaeteee,

I also added some nuts and raisins to spice it up a little.

Also if you read your labels you could add different vinegars, but just read your labels to make sure that the Whole30 plan allows that type of vinegar.

I played with it a little before I actually started, it has become one of my go to's. :wub:

Enjoy!

Good Morning! I am on the morning of Day 4 and I have to say that while I was still sluggish this morning waking up, once I started moving I started feeling a lot better. I feel like I am over the fatigue mountain and on my way down. Hopefully by Saturday I will be fully energized! I am really struggling right now with the temptation to step on the scale. For the last two years I have been counting my calories and weighing daily and it helped me lose 40 lbs. It is so hard to break that habit. I hid the tiles on my fitbit that allow me to count calories and talk about the calories I burn, so I guess that is a start!

Best thing I have learned yet is to not fear coconut milk! It goes a long way to cutting the bitterness of coffee or tea without making it sweet.

Day 2 starting today. Yesterday I was totally compliant and also got in a 2 mile walk. Satisfied my cravings in the evening with some fresh raw carrots and homemade green goddess dip. Delish! Slept well too. Thank goodness I like black coffee. When I think about the no dairy (cheese) I get scared and have to draw myself back to the one day at a time thinking that will make me a success. I will measure myself this morning since I didn't do that yet.

Good Morning to Everyone :lol: !

Day 3 today.

I do not know how I am feeling. I think pretty good, yesterday was a tough one.

But I always feel pretty good in the morning.

Slept well.....

I have to say that I thought that I was prepared but have found out I am only about half prepared. :o

So this weekend I will have to cut, chop, cook and plan a little better!

But all in all, things are going well.

Does anyone have some simple salad dressing solutions?

Or tasty sides to add onto the meals that are easy to prepare?

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning to Everyone :lol: !

Day 3 today.

I do not know how I am feeling. I think pretty good, yesterday was a tough one.

But I always feel pretty good in the morning.

Slept well.....

I have to say that I thought that I was prepared but have found out I am only about half prepared. :o

So this weekend I will have to cut, chop, cook and plan a little better!

But all in all, things are going well.

Does anyone have some simple salad dressing solutions?

Or tasty sides to add onto the meals that are easy to prepare?

Have a great day everyone!

Hey Donna! I don't know if you are on pinterest, but I have found and tried several whole30 approved dishes and pinned them on my board. I haven't tried any salad dressings though. http://www.pinterest.com/auburngalnc/whole30-recipes-i-love/

I posted on the May 7th start but this seems like a busy thread! This is my first Whole30 and my husband is also joining me. So far, I've had Nom Nom Paleo's sweet potato has with two eggs and black coffee. Challenges for me will definitely be sugar, carbs, and prep time. I have a 2 year old and 6 year old and they are so picky, so convincing them will be hard too.

Good Morning 5/5's,

I'm inspired reading your notes and finding out how well you've all done so far. Today, I toddle off hopefully a little better prepared!

I made an Arugula salad with tons of veggies, avocado and chicken (I think I'll find the omelet from yesterday filled me up more, but we'll see)

I made a big pot of veggie and chicken soup with garlic, ginger and green onion. I will eat that with a generous helping of spinach (pour hot soup over fresh spinach) and Avocado on top.

I will check to see if veganaise is compliant (I think I might be too lazy to make my own Mayo.

I miss tennis.

I have a dull headache today and feel ravenously hungry, so will get my day going and get to my first meal.

I'm looking forward to the part where I'm in less pain.

Hugs,

MamaMiki

Welcome Jenabeth,

I'm new to all of this, but this group of people have been very healthy. We have some newcomers and some more experienced souls. I personally am on my first Whole30 extravaganza. I'm journaling my progress and enjoying all the encouragement and advice from this group. I hope you find the same. Make it a great day!

Day 2 for me of my first Whole30 and have just walked away from a massive array of homemade cakes, due to the birth of a colleague's baby. Surprisingly feeling ok about it even if it was the best selection of cakes I have ever seen! Someone also brought in their leftover Easter eggs for everyone in the office. I am chanting 'not food' 'not food' in my head.

Day two is down and on to day three.  I must say, this morning I feel EXHAUSTED!!!  Here is a question:

Coconut milk.... I live in Cheyenne, WY.  We don't have Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.  I looked at cans of coconut milk in King Soopers and Albertsons (our local grocery stores).  They have ingredients added -- I want to say it say carageenan or something like that.  So -- i didn't buy it.  Can anyone share brand(s) of coconut milk that is acceptable for Whole30?  We do have "Natural Grocers" here (which is part of Vitamin Cottage).  I have not looked there yet for the coconut milk.  

I also felt very hungry at time on both day 1 and 2.  This morning I could barely finish my breakfast though (a similar amount to day one and two), so maybe that means progress.  It was:  two eggs over veggies (onions, green beans) and sweet potato with some cilantro.  1/2 avacado.  coffee.

Onward and upward....  :-)

Day 3..

I woke up feeling hungry this am. Breakfast today was roast with onion garlic and green chile mixed with 2 scrambled eggs, avocado and coffee. I can already see my eczema clearing up this am and am having some GI symptoms.

I am dreading the foggy feeling today, I know its coming so I have packed extra water and advil.

Day two is down and on to day three.  I must say, this morning I feel EXHAUSTED!!!  Here is a question:

Coconut milk.... I live in Cheyenne, WY.  We don't have Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.  I looked at cans of coconut milk in King Soopers and Albertsons (our local grocery stores).  They have ingredients added -- I want to say it say carageenan or something like that.  So -- i didn't buy it.  Can anyone share brand(s) of coconut milk that is acceptable for Whole30?  We do have "Natural Grocers" here (which is part of Vitamin Cottage).  I have not looked there yet for the coconut milk.  

I also felt very hungry at time on both day 1 and 2.  This morning I could barely finish my breakfast though (a similar amount to day one and two), so maybe that means progress.  It was:  two eggs over veggies (onions, green beans) and sweet potato with some cilantro.  1/2 avacado.  coffee.

Onward and upward....  :-)

I get the thai brand. I posted a link so you can see the pic

http://www.vitacost.com/thai-kitchen-organic-coconut-milk-unsweetened-14-fl-oz/?csrc=BPA-737628079506&srccode=cii_328768002&cpncode=34-179731952-2

Archived