Does anyone have a good balsamic vinaigrette recipe?

Kimberly

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good balsamic vinaigrette recipe or even just a good balsamic vinegar. I tried the recipe in my 'Make It Paleo' cookbook, but didn't care for it. Perhaps it's my brand of vinegar. And it is impossible to find one in the store without canola, soy or sugar.

I have a good one.

Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

1 tablespoon chopped garlic

3/4 cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

Salt

Pepper

Couple seconds on the Magic Bullet. This seems to be a bit different each time I make it as I am not all that careful with measuring. This is soooooooooooooooooooooo good. I actually crave salads because of this salad dressing.

Mine is pretty much the same as Carie's, only I make it in smaller quantities and don't go to the trouble to use a Magic Bullet. But like her, I've started "eyeballing" the measurements because it doesn't seem like you can really get it wrong.

• 3 Tablespoons of a really good olive oil
  • 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I really like white balsamic when I can find it)
  • a teaspoon of mustard

I put it in a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake it up.

This is the only salad dressing we ever eat. We never get tired of it. In fact, I have started marinating our pork chops in it. It's that good.

It's not balsmaic but we've been enjoying a 3:1 ratio of EVOO and freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with garlic, salt, and pepper. We put it on salads as well as veggies, especially steamed kale.

I have a good one.

Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

1 tablespoon chopped garlic

3/4 cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

Salt

Pepper

Couple seconds on the Magic Bullet. This seems to be a bit different each time I make it as I am not all that careful with measuring. This is soooooooooooooooooooooo good. I actually crave salads because of this salad dressing.

We did basically the same, but doubled into a mason jar, and added the juice of one whole lemon, the zest of that lemon, and some parsley, oregano, and basil.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

All the ingredients mentioned are what I follow. But there's a trick to make your vinaigrette even tastier. Dice a few cloves of garlic and let it macerate, or soak, in balsamic vinegar for at least 20 min. You can also use a shallot and add lemon juice. The acidity cuts the sharpness of the garlic and makes it more palatable. You can adjust with salt. 3:1 sounds right, or more EVOO to balsamic vinegar. Add the EVOO, Dijon mustard and homemade mayo. Whisk the Hell out of it and should make a nice, creamy vinaigrette. Bon appetit!

• 4 weeks later...

I love adding roasted garlic to mine also. Adds a totally different dimension and mellows out the bite from the vinegar. MMMMmmmm!! Ok, now I'm gonna have to make some when i get home!

Mine is pretty much the same as Carie's, only I make it in smaller quantities and don't go to the trouble to use a Magic Bullet. But like her, I've started "eyeballing" the measurements because it doesn't seem like you can really get it wrong.

• 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I really like white balsamic when I can find it)
  • a teaspoon of mustard

This is the only salad dressing we ever eat. We never get tired of it. In fact, I have started marinating our pork chops in it. It's that good.

I do this too....delicious!!

I've been using this Mark Bittman recipe as a guideline for years. It's pretty much the same as above, but I whisk it directly in the salad bowl with oil to vinegar 3:1. I don't have to store it and it takes 90 seconds to make a fresh batch. And the shallot, if I have it on hand, is very nice. I also don't use anything else on salads and I never get sick of it. The key is nice olive oil! Can't go wrong from there.

The mustard emulsifies it all and I've also found I don't need any electronics or etc. I will grate a shallot on the micro plane, smash a piece of garlic and let it sit (as above) or rub smashed garlic around the bowl. Then I add my salad ingredients: one bowl, voila.

http://dinersjournal...ic-vinaigrette/

I will sub in some lemon juice for a lighter taste or with bitter greens, or use lime if we are eating Mexican. For Asian I'll add a bit of sesame oil. (Not sure if that's W30 compliant?)

For large salad (using a tub of greens--not the giant tub):

3T olive oil

1T vinegar

1 squirt Dijon (WF brand has no sugar)

1/2 shallot or clove garlic

S & P

• a teaspoon of mustard

Ok, this one seems pretty simple.... What kind of mustard?

I do a mix of Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil (Sam's club has a huge bottle for cheap enough) with some balsamic vinegar. I shake in some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I mix it up in a blender bottle and pour it straight from there. Even my picky 10-year old son likes it.

Archived