Recommendations for eating out in Chicago?

EllieBellie

My boyfriend and I are taking a vacation to Chicago, staying in Lincoln Park. I've never been before. Does anyone have recommendations for restaurants and cafes?

I'm not aiming to stay squeaky clean Whole30, but would like your recommendations for eateries that offer primalish meal options. I'm OK with a bit of butter or cheese, and don't mind the odd bit of veg or seed oil while I'm on holiday. Grains and sugar remain in the 'never' category.

I've noticed that most of the famous deep-dish pizza places do offer salads as well, so the boy can enjoy his dough fest while I nom on charcuterie (he's generally primal too, just less so than me).

Many thanks in advance, Ellie

I live in Lincoln Park; here are a few recommendations:

Butcher and the Burger (delicious burgers, you can get a lettuce "bun" instead of bread)

Sai Cafe and Macku Sushi (both have excellent Japanese food)

Boka

Farmhouse (south of Lincoln Park, on Chicago Ave.; I have been there while on a Whole30, and the servers and chef didn't bat an eyelash when I told them about all my dietary restrictions -- gluten, dairy, sugar, vegetable oils -- and I'm confident they adhered to them when preparing my food)

I hope this helps! And hope you enjoy Chicago and Lincoln Park.

Yay Chicago! That's where I live, as well. Unfortunately, I have no suggestions for the Lincoln Park area, but yelp is my friend when I want to find restaurants for my dietary restrictions. Here's a link to a search for restaurants serving grass fed beef in Chicago. Seems like a good enough list to satisfy both you and your non-W30 boy :)

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=restaurant+serving+grass+fed+%2Forganic+beef&find_loc=Chicago%2C+IL

Chilapan in Logan Square is to die for and has some decent optiosn (my husband got what was basically a steak with cheese and grilled peppers, for example)

Brand BBQ (in Longan Square) also has some decent options, as does Revolution Brewery (great gastropub food that also has fantastic beer)

Chilapan in Logan Square is to die for and has some decent optiosn (my husband got what was basically a steak with cheese and grilled peppers, for example)

Brand BBQ (in Longan Square) also has some decent options, as does Revolution Brewery (great gastropub food that also has fantastic beer)

CAK911, I live just a tad west of Logan Square. We just moved after living in that neighborhood for 6 years. Boy, do I miss it, but I'm glad I'm close. Revolution Brewing has fantastic burgers!! I miss their Rosa beer, though. Mmmm...hibiscus....

• 3 weeks later...

You have no idea how glad I am to have found this thread! I'm flying out to Chicago in a couple of days for a family wedding and it happens to fall right in the middle of my Whole30. I was starting to worry a little it, especially because I'll be surrounded by my carb loving Italian family, but this eases my worries haha

• 1 month later...

Hubby and I are headed downtown Chicago this coming weekend. We'll be on Michigan Ave and Grant Park area. Any suggestions for good eats in that area? It's been well over 2 months since I have had any alcohol, I'm sure hubby would love for me to enjoy a beverage wtih him. Any suggestions on a "decent" post Whole30 drink? I'm not much of a drinker anyways, but enjoy one or two every once in a while. Oh' I'm POST Whole30, so maybe I should be starting a new thread in the "staying on track" section...hhmmm....

• 3 years later...

Archived