Guac?

Does anyone know of any pre-made guacamole that is whole30 approved? Or does anyone have any good recipes for someone who is terrible at making guacamole?

I've tried once and it tasted bad, but I need to add more avocado into my life and I typically don't like it by itself.

I love keeping the Wholly Guacamole minis around.  They're great in a pinch, and I don't have to open (and eat!) an entire tub.

Ingredients:
Hass Avocado, Vinegar, Jalapeno Pepper, Dehydrated Onion, Salt, Granulated Garlic

Can't think why they wouldn't be compliant.  Maybe mods can confirm?

Ingredients:
Hass Avocado, Vinegar, Jalapeno Pepper, Dehydrated Onion, Salt, Granulated Garlic - See more at: http://eatwholly.com/products/wholly-minis/minis-classic.html#sthash.uE6FhFgV.dpuf

• 6 months later...

I'm reviving this thread because I have a question about guacamole. I love it and made a delicious Whole 30 compliant guac this past weekend, but I noticed that Stop & Shop sells pre made guacamole as well. However, there are no ingredients listed, so I didn't buy it. Does anyone know if Stop & Shop guacamole is okay to eat? Also - there is not a Costco where I live - can anyone recommend another grocery store that sells pre made guac?

Thank you!

• Administrators

You were totally right not to buy something without reviewing the ingredients and I am totally surprised that they would sell something without the ingredients listed!  Can you ask the people who stock the shelves if they could find the original packing case that the item came in? Maybe that would have the ingredients? Or maybe it was supposed to come in a wrapper of some sort that they removed? Alternately, could the ingredient list really be so small (Ingredients: 100% avocado) that maybe you didn't see it?

Sorry, I don't know of any other grocery store brand...and even if someone does recommend one, make sure to always check the ingredient listing for yourself as brands sometimes have the same item with different ingredients in different parts of the country.  We can't rely on word of mouth to know if something is compliant, unfortunately.  Always check.

Wholly Guacamole isn't just a Costco brand - my Publix carries it, so other major chains might too. I'm also 95% sure that the Trader Joe's Avocado's Number guac is Whole30-compliant too (at least in my area), but double-check me on that before you buy!

Archived