Starting June 30th, 2014

CreatingReyRey

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting June 30th as well. I'm looking forward to going on this journey with all of you. I am nervous but my fridge is full of approved foods. It will be a struggle to get through the 4th holiday without a cocktail but I hope to be able to lean on you guys for support.

Hi,

I have also started today, June 30th in Australia. I gained 34kgs during my pregnancy and lost 30kgs. I have struggled for the last 6 months with 4kgs.  Bubs is 13months and I really need to get back to my pre preg habits. My biggest fail is my sugar addiction. Hoping this whole30 experiance will help kick my butt back into shape. On a positive note coconut milk in coffee... Oh My God... YUM!!! wish I could add sweetner though.... eeek hopefully  by 30 days I wont ever use sweetner again.... good Luck to all....

I woke up on day 2 with a headache but nothing terrible. Does anyone know what type of breath freshener we can use, any approved gum or mint? I really miss chewing gum during the day.

Sorry, no gum or mints allowed on a Whole30.  Listerine breath strips are out too, as they contain artificial sweeteners and carrageenan.

Here are some compliant options:

- WOW drops http://www.amazon.com/Breath-Freshener-Peppermint-0-32-Ounces/dp/B000S854FA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404305344&sr=8-1&keywords=wow+breath+drops

- Article on natural breath fresheners: http://www.thekitchn...reath-fr-119025

Hi

I started the Whole 30 on June 30 with hopes of finding which foods cause me distress.  I  managed fine the first two days, but today I had a hot dog and beef jerky which caused me much discomfort.  I think there may have been sugar in the jerky and wheat in the hot dog.  Do I need to start my program from the beginning, or is this a learning experience?

Thanks

Hi

I started the Whole 30 on June 30 with hopes of finding which foods cause me distress.  I  managed fine the first two days, but today I had a hot dog and beef jerky which caused me much discomfort.  I think there may have been sugar in the jerky and wheat in the hot dog.  Do I need to start my program from the beginning, or is this a learning experience?

Thanks

Wheat in the hot dog would call for a restart, as gluten can disrupt the gut, as it sounds like it did for you.

So it's both a restart AND a learning experience for you.  :) Take extra special note of those ingredient labels for the next 30 days.

Take a look at this article as well: http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

How is everyone doing on this, our day five?

I have been surrounded by cookies & ice cream because of the holiday, and have resisted! I did have a craving for some sugar yesterday, and then had some serious night sweats that evening. And I also had major memory issues yesterday...Assuming it's all hormonal stuff.

What's everyone else experiencing?

Archived