Going to have to reset my Whole30 half-way through!

I didn't really plan the timing of my Whole30 very well. I've just realised, on my 18th day into it I'm supposed to be collecting an assortment of flavoured cake samples to try for my wedding cake! I've contacted the lady making my cake to see if she can make it another day, but she has several other brides coming on that day... as she only does it every couple of months.

I feel this is a very important part of my wedding preparations and something I want to experience.

I guess we will see, when the day comes, whether I can admit defeat and make that choice to break my Whole30. Or pass this right-of-passage to someone else instead.

What a dilemma!

post-3731-0-25302400-1344642610_thumb.jp

Ughh...that is a dilemma. Such an important day :) .

You could always allow a friend you trust to do the tasting and enjoy the surprise when the great day arrives.

Don't sweat it. You will be fine either way.

Enjoy!

Maeva

Do a Whole17, and then start a new Whole30 after the wedding cake tasting :P It is definitely one of the fun parts of planning your wedding, I say go for it! And when you start your post-cake W30, it will be just that much easier, having a W17 under your belt already.

Thanks Maeva. I had considered letting the groom do the cake taste-testing, but I've had quite a bit of backlash from my girlfriends, saying I can't entrust such an important decision to a man! Hehe.

I think I might go with your suggestion, Ann... do a Whole17 and then follow on with a Whole30. Sounds so much better to say it that way, rather than I didn't make it.

Appreciate the advice :)

SO - I managed to convince my lovely cake-maker to let me pick up a sample box at a bridal expo in September - which means I can finish my Whole30! WOOHOO!

Now, just need to combat temptation, social situations and a past-chocolate addiction... and we'll be set :)

Archived