Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

If you have started over many times during this past year...

Every successive restart results in a wider waistline because all rebound weight gain is fat.  It does not come back in the form of muscle.

You've just seriously messed with your brain, again.

You're digging a much deeper hole for yourself.

Your Brain Weight has now settled in at a much higher weight than it did before.

That Dream Weight will become a mystery and a history.

Every time you start over - your Brain Weight is going higher and higher.  You've got to get off the constant retart dieting merry-go-round.

I can't watch it.  It's heartbreaking.

Tom Denham. The recovering food addict's best friend.

For real. He's real and he helped me real good.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Addiction Recovery - Clinicians say the emotions are arrested at the age the addiction or disorder begins and takes complete control of our lives.

As we begin to recover and tool along our way, we pick UP where we left off at that age.

Truth.

Recovery = You will have to fall in love with your mind.

You will have to learn how to undress your conscience and slowly take down all of the walls of the mighty fortress - the stronghold that's protected you all of these years.  You will have to learn how to let others come inside.

Take their shoes off and just sit awhile. Mill around and shoot the breeze. Yes, connection with others is healing.

If you're still stuck where you were 3 or 4 years ago, you are arrested at the same emotional level, too.

You can't be afraid of what people will think when you sit down with someone, Face-to-Face. Contrary to all of your overthinking, they are secretly hoping that you will find the strength and courage to ask for help.

The first step of addiction recovery is deciding that you are not going to stay where you are.

Recovery.

So what is this then.

What we have here is a daily reprieve contingent on the Maintenance of a Spiritual Condition.

When you're not cured of alcoholism, food addiction and/or disorder, love addiction, gambling, shopping, smoking...you learn how to manage and deal and survive.

There are days I may be tired. 

I may feel like giving up.

But I am not going to.

And when you have survived through all of the multi-crap your addiction has put you through...

You. Will. Survive. Recovery.  

Like a honybee beatin' on my screen door,
I got a little buzz and my head is sore,
And from the my bed I can feel the sun,
Lord I hear the mornin' come.

Justa creepin'
Creepin', creepin', creepin'.

Shot outta hell like a bullet from a gun,
A flip of a switch,
A thief on the run,
Since the day you left me baby,
I can feel the lonely,
I can hear the crazy.

Justa creepin'
Creepin'
Justa creepin'
Creepin'

Head for the future,
Run from the past,
Hide from the mirror,
And live in a glass,
What dreams forget the whiskey remembers,
Kinda like molasses in a late December.

Justa creepin'
Creepin'
Oh, creepin'

Your cocaine kiss and caffeine love,
Run under my skin and into my blood,
That need you back comes over me,
Like ivy crawlin' up a hickory tree.

Justa creepin'
Creepin'
Justa creepin' creepin'
Creepin'

Head to the future,
Run from the past,
Hide from the mirror,
And live in a glass,
What dreams forget the whiskey remembers,
Kinda like molasses in a late December.

Justa creepin'
Creepin'
Ah, come on!

Break it down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down

Just last night I saw the light,
At the end of that tunnel on the other side,
Thought I found my way outta this pain,
Only too find your memory train.

Creepin', creepin', creepin', creepin'

Creepin', creepin', creepin', creepin'

Yeah creepin,
Creepin'

Yeah creepin'
Creepin'

Written by Eric Church

Recovery.

It's not bragging if it's true. :D

I can look back to 2014 and I know for sure, that I am not who I used to be.

So if you're still sitting there on the sidelines waiting for someone to throw you a bone. 

Catch it!

Best-Dog-Pools.jpg

Rules+of+Brainstorming.jpg

Free your mind and you can free your body.

Stop editing yourself for crying outloud.

Make your own music and don't criticize others.

Stop taking potshots at others from across the bow.

Take full responsibility for yourself and do not be ashamed of how others see you.

It's better to create something that others may criticize. They may even think you're silly...but it's better than creating nothing and criticizing.

Create your happy place and don't be afraid to let your hiney hang out there. You don't have to give out your GPS coordinates or names, the times you'll be home and when you'll be gone, your phone number, your weight and height, your age, your dog's age.

You don't have to loosen everyone else's lightbulb so you can shine. Pride comes before the fall.

Don't judge me by my past. I don't live there anymore. 

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/danger.htm

Peoples are coming from all over the world to witness the total solar eclipse. They're building venues and such. It's going to be a whacky jacky day around here as we're one of the few places that will have a direct ringside seat.

Some are predicting the end of the world. No one can prognosticate that. That's been going on since man has been witnessing these events.

http://k2radio.com/wyoming-woman-claims-yellowstone-will-erupt-during-2017-solar-eclipse-videointerview/

I just wanted to draw my line in the sand today. I plan on being here with everyone, one month from today.  Don't worry. Be happy. We will survive.

The eclipse bug has bitten everyone. It might last as long as 7 minutes. You wouldn't believe what people are offering to local folkaronies, renting out their house or even sleeping in the yard for 7 minutes of cray cray.

WY_web.jpg

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/211969-arrested-development.html

Addiction and arrested development - emotions are stuck at the age the addiction began. Addiction can cross-over into same behaviors after substances. Addiction is not only food or shopping or love -always trading UP or trading in someone for someone better or more exciting or younger, old dogs chasing new tires, or smoking or drinking....

Food addiction like alcoholism/substances progresses with age, from mild to profound.

Recovery is a healing process that happens one day at a time.

I did start eating all the things after I left home. Looking back, I was probably emotionally stuck in my 20's when I was eating all the things in the unconscious mode. Autopilot - automatic eating.

If you're addicted to golfing and Tee Time, only started golfing in your 40's and addicted to trading UP and trading in for a much younger version of yourself, that doesn't mean the sweet young thing will always have eyes for you.  Oooooo, noooo.

While you're not looking, they'll be bored out of their head and always trying to catch the eye of a cuter, much younger version of yourself.  After the gold rush is not all it's cracked UP to be.

Choices and Consequences.

One day, the ole golfer will be left holding the bag. Their own golf bag. Tee Time.

Once upon a time, I was traded in for a golfball. I was left by the side of the road with my hood up as they flew by, yelling out the window...it's Tee Time. Gotta run. Looking back, that one did start drinking at the age of 12.  They're still stuck there at 12 years old.  Sad, really. 

I used to love watching golf because at one time it was exciting but the game and everything went to multi-crap. It doesn't catch my eye anymore.  I'm healed. Of golf. Forever. :P

When I linger long on these things, that bread sitting over there on the countertop catches my eye and it starts looking all cute and adorable.

Time to swing the mountain of momentum the other way.

Don't focus on your old dream weight goals. That approach will no longer serve you.

Don't hold yourself back.

Trying to get skinny will keep you 'fat'.

Fat is not a feeling. "I feel fat, I feel fat". 

We have to address the head games we play with ourself

The scale is only one data point and it is a mind warp

All movement counts

Find activities you love to do and do them on your terms

Don't buy things and trouble you don't need with money you don't have for people who don't care

When you take your selfie, do you like what you see?

Make sure the image you see is selfie healthy.

You don't have to take progress belly selfies as a punishment for your dieting flops and failures.

When you slide back off the goose, will you take more belly selfies going back in the opposite direction?

Will that change everything for you then?

Food addiction is not a weight loss problem.

Addiction is the inability to understand the nature of the risk.

Addiction begets Addiction. It's not only substances but behaviors.

Cross-addiction doesn't have to substitute another substance, it can sub in another behavior just like the first one.

They always say it will never happen again and then it does.

Everyone's brain has a set body weight range. Your brain is going to fiercely defend that.

No matter what the number on the scales your brain is stuck on a range.  It is determined by your genetics and how many times you've dieted and hacked your weight.

Keep dieting. Starting over and over and over.

Losing 8-10 lbs one month, rebound back within the next few months, starting over again and your dream weight becomes much further out of reach.

Everytime you go on a diet you are digging a much deeper hole for yourself.  Every start over has consequences and your Dream Weight = a dog chasing after new tires for the rest of your life.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/10/08/researchers-find-genes-linked-to-high-risk-of-eating-disorders

Addiction and eating disorders run in families. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

The prevalence of dieting, particularly among women, can add to a person's predisposition and propel them into an eating disorder.

"It's been said that genes provide the kindling and dieting provides the fuel," Sim says. "People who might be vulnerable, who might have those genes, may never develop an eating disorder if they never go on a diet."

"Other times we see people dieting and never developing an eating disorder," Sim adds. "It speaks to genetics making these individuals vulnerable."

Genes = the fire starter

Dieting = the fuel

Children and adolescents who develop eating disorders share certain characteristics, such as a high level of anxiety, a strong desire to avoid harm and danger, a fear of making mistakes and a drive for perfection.

"They do not like uncertainty. They like predictability. They like to structure what's going to happen in their day," Sim says. "This really can set the stage for utilizing food and controlling weight and shape because it adds a whole other layer of simplicity to their life. It's a road map for more certainty. For them, the ultimate threat is getting fat or gaining weight."

Same Genes Cause Alcohol Abuse and Eating Disorders

People with one addiction are more susceptible to the other.

Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, that the same genetic risk factors that make people more vulnerable to alcoholism also make them more susceptible to certain eating disorder symptoms, such as binge eating and  anorexia.

"We need to be aware that these problems can occur together, in both men and women," Munn-Chernoff said in a statement. "If we can better understand the risk factors, we can better understand how to treat these disorders."

Past studies have shown that there is an association between alcohol abuse and eating disorders, and that women who binge  have above average rates of alcohol abuse. The National Eating Disorders Association estimates, for example, that nearly half of all individuals with an eating disorder are also abusing drugs or alcohol – which is a rate five times higher than the rest of the population.

Archived