Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will meet people who've been in the same boat, struggling for years. People who need people are the healthiest people in the world. You may not think you need connection with others but one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do.

It's an addiction myth that you need to hit rock bottom before you recover. Addicts have hit rock bottom many times.

Untreated addiction builds on itself. The destructive consequences progress with time. Recovering sooner rather than later gives you the best chance for staying in recovery and not falling back into constant relapses.

It's another myth that you'll have 'religion' forced upon you. There's all kinds of non-religious recovery treatments.

It's not bragging if it's true.  We all have the gift of faith.

Faith in your recovery program = The greater your measure of faith and trust in recovery, believing that it will actually work for you the greater the results.

It takes faith to complete your 30 day W30 Food Reset and Reintro Phase. Faith and trust.

Body. Mind. Spirit.

If you don't believe in anything that still requires a great deal of faith to believe in nothing. You can lop off the spirit and leave everything up to your body and mind.

Body and Mind...have those two changed everything for you then?

If the jeans still fit you must acquit.

I was spiritual before recovery. I was born that way. I've been researching and studying religions since I was knee high to a grasshopper. We don't talk much about the spiritual aspect of our spirits because we are free.

We are free to explore and find our own pathway to healing. Spiritual healing, too.

There's no such thing as a fast fix for food addiction or any addiction.

It's fear of recovery that keeps the food addict eating all the things -  out of defiance.

It's fear of food addiction recovery that drives the food addict to eat all of the things before you make a commitment to start a Whole 30.

Food Addiction is a driver. It drives you to chronically eat and reward yourself with food believing that it will cure you.  It won't.  It only makes things worse. 

It Starts With Food and it ends with food.  Body. Mind. Spirit.

Literally and every which way but loose.

It's fear of food addiction recovery that drives you into becoming a looper.  

Looping in and out with wild swings UP and down with your weight. Running around on the dreadmill, trying to outexercise your food addiction.  You can't.

Locomotive Breath is hot on your trail and he's coming for you.

That beast can flat out -  hook it up faster than you can ever run away from food addiction.  It will always outrun you.  Leave you in the dust.

Fish, fish, fish.

I live in the trees in one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth. No names or GPS coordinates, there's already too many pesky ones coming around. ;)

It's high time they packed it UP and headed on back home. :D Thank you, Universe. I'll help them pack their suitcases.

You can run to the ends of the earth but you can't outrun addiction. It will follow you wherever you go. To the lowest lows and the highest high mountaintops.

Turn around and there's ole dog breath on your heels. Sugar Baby, I'm comin' for you.

Find the greater purpose for your Whole 30. Find the greater purpose for getting yourself free from food addiction.  Your spirit is one that will PULL you through it when multi-crap hits the fan.

Destructive thoughts always precede behaviors. Destructive thought patterns lead to chronically rewarding yourself with food. It becomes your way of life.

Let a sense of unfairness and self-pity eat your dust. Everyone else can eat whatever they want and still have a tiny hiney! Why me?!

Answers, answers, answers.

I want the secret keys to the kingdom. I want the answers to everything. I can handle the truth.

Fear stops you from striking while the griddle is hot.

The best time to start your Whole 30 is when your spirit urges you do so.  Discernment is not the same thing as flying by the seat of your pants making impulsive decisions.

Locomotive Breath doesn't care if you ever start a Whole 30. When your spirit says NOW. Today is the day of your new beginning.

Don't stand around and twiddle your thumbs. Get with it. Now. Move. 

Every day that goes by the ground gets colder. Your enthusiasm and desire and willingness wanes. Don't do that to yourself.

People who play with the stock market do the same thing. They read the patterns and signs and with practice they know when to buy or sell. It can still be a crapshoot but they weigh their risks.

What are you waiting for - for crying outloud.  Announcing weeks out ahead of time that you will begin a week or so from now after you've eaten all of the things and sufficiently stuffed yourself to the gills.

That's nothing but fear.

Fear that you won't know how to take the tiger out of the cage 3 X day and ask it to sit down at the table and enjoy its' portions of food.  Fear that the tiger will eat you head first, once again.

Fear stops the presses. Fear stops you from recovering from food addition. Fear stops you from sitting down with someone. Face-to-Face. 

Fear stops you from forgiving others.  If you stay in fear you can remain meaner than a skunk. Fear is stink on stink.

Animals can sense and smell that fear on you.  They know that you live in fear of them. Horses, dogs, lions, tigers and bears. Oooooo my.

Strike. Move. Don't edit yourself and stop editing your innermost being, your spirit's desire to see you change.

Fear is the only thing standing between you and recovery.

Another frickity frick frick binge won't cure your food addiction.

Fear is the polar opposite of faith.

Living in fear of what food can do to you. Afraid of a piece fruit or all of the nuts, what a lovely bunch of coconuts we are.

Fruit and nuts didn't throw me into the lion's den of food addiction.

Nature does nothing in vain.

The true nature of things is that our existence is separate from our bodies. It takes faith to constantly live in fear.

Fear is a natural response to physical and mental danger. We live in fear that we will be harmed. The more intense the insecurity the higher the intensity of fear. 

Fear stops your abilities. The sky is not the limit and it never was. The claws of fear can ride with you on the subway or walking through the woods. Fear can live with you even if you try to prove to yourself that you don't live in fear hanging off a cliff or on a mountain ledge.

You carry your fear with you wherever you may go.  Fear is the loneliest number that you'll ever do to yourself.

0d08257ca9afd327559ae5c7eefb15d5--financ

I want to mill around and shoot the breeze with the Universe about everything.

I have to reel myself back as the urge to meander outside of my normal river banks starts to kick in.

So what is this then.

What we have here is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of a spiritual condition.

I manage food and it doesn't control me. I am Food Sober.

Faith is my favorite subject above everything else. Faith can move those mountains of obstacles out of your way.

Faith can preserve you and catapult you, motivate you every single day to carry on.  The faith in my spirit is the best part of me.  It's all I'm taking with me.

Find your greater purpose for living and recovering from any addiction.  Faith is my greater purpose.

So what happens if you pray for someone and they don't want your prayers because they believe in nothing. Don't worry, be happy. They'll bounce off of that person and onto someone else who needs and wants them.

We cannot mess with anyone's free will. We are created equal and we are free to choose what we believe in. Or not.

Answers, answers, answers.  I would like to see all kinds of things in my lifetime. Why aren't we flying above the power poles in our cars on a grid. Think how many lives could be saved out there on the highways. The scenery would be so much better.

Why don't we put dimples on the nose of an airplane and make them more aerodynamic like a golf ball? Dimples give golf balls that lift.

Bear and I don't play golf and I don't really care about golf anymore. Somehow, that game lost all of its luster.  It puts me to sleep on the couch like a nap sedative. The drone...nice putt or did they say nice bu**...

Oooo, just one more. If Bigfoot is real - why don't we find the scat. Are they eating deer on this side and using portapots on the other side? What's UP with that. We've not ever run across one and I don't really want to. Ever.

That is all.  Much Love. Tanto Amore.
risky-business-sunglasses.jpg

One more is never enough. 

Why am I here and still having so much fun. It's all fun. Really.

Everyone I knew has flown over the coop. They're long gone. I miss them, too. dcducks, Miki, Deb, Higs, Anne, Hutlifr, CeeCee and Laurie are still out there, Tom D., jmcbn...sure hope everything is alright. So many wonderful forum folkaronies.

We have total eclipse mania going on.  The extra special glasses have been sold out. It's not worth burning the retinas out of your eyeballs.  I plan on going shopping for booch and produce while everyone is too busy looking UP. I'll be getting in there while the gettin' is good.

I'll keep my eyes on the horizon and watch for whatever is coming this way.  Be a watchman on the wall but not out of fear. Watch for falling rocks and windfalls, big returns on your investments.

I don't talk about politics but Bing! Something just flew into my head. Remember when someone said...Tear that wall down! Mr. G. Tear that wall down. We cheered and the thing came down.

Remember many years ago when they hauled off a statue and everyone cheered. Tear that thing down. Well, it would appear it's finally happening full circle. Tear the walls and the iron statues down.  We are created equal. Always have been, always will be.  The sky is not the limit.

Things are looking UP. For real. Bee happy.

I wish I would've known all of you a long, long time ago...Rose and all of the others. Birds of a feather fly together and we bond through common struggles.

If you haven't heard from any of those people you went to school with since the day you graduated are they still your friends? Time and circumstances change everything.

We simply move on.

When you step away from the room or your desk, do things come to you when you'd least expect it. That's how my head works.

I was thinking about an old dirt road with big hills that the kids used to drive on - flying UP and down, speeding over those hills for a thrill in the gut. Laughing and hollaring. Parents, one day your kids will risk everything for fun.

That's what all of this has been for me. I wish I'd met you way back then and we were riding around, visiting, sticking UP for one another. Besties. Through thick and thin.

I've imagined what all of your voices sound like, the tone and timbre. I'm hoping and believing that we will meet UP waaaay down the road. I'm not in any hurry to make my way across the river but whoever gets there first, let's go thrill riding. Mill around and just shoot the breeze.

I'm taking you with me wherever I go. You'll always be in my heart and one day, I hope I'll hear your voice, too. I'm happy. Y'all come back now.

After all, tomorrow is another day.

Got obesity or overweight? The new term is "overfat" and it's more obnoxious than all of the other terms.

Anti-aging is a term tacked onto women for selling them products. Rugged and chiseled is the moniker for men.

Men get better with age and women become dried out like a piece of beef jerky. Enjoy your tiney hiney and wrinkle free face while you've got it because tomorrow you'll be kicked to the curb. 

You choose. You decide. 

9d7eb1f0a60e8af9674254a6fc41d8db.jpg

Got a weight loss emergency?  You need to bust your gut and drop it like it's hot.

You've got to lose 20 lbs in one month and you want it NOW.

RED ALERT. MAY DAY. MAY DAY.

You're entering the Danger Zone.

You are now in the Warning Phase. Time to pull the Rip Cord with your overall health and wellbeing.

You've been eating all of the things in the unconscious mode and you could not stop.

You think you can beat this thing called obesity, overweight and overfat.

You are going to seek out every tool and dieting hack so you can distance yourself from obesity and overfat.

You want to remove the fat from your body, surgically if possible. Now, Now. Now.

You are now willing, Oooo sooo willing to do everything possible to remove it.

You will go to the ends of the earth to remove the fat on your body.

All the while you were eating in the unconscious mode, not one single time did your body or mind STOP YOU.

Not one day, not one week. Not one month. Not one time during an entire year or years did you give it the attention that is now driving you to reject yourself.

You're anxious and mad as hail. You want it and you want it NOW.

Locomotive Breath has his ear to your door and mind. He's over there in the corner laughing his hindend off.

Ooooo, what you're willing to do to yourself NOW because you are overwhelmed. You've finally reached the point of no return.

You may be calling yourself names in this Warning Phase.

Names like, you're nothing but a BOTTOMLESS PIT.

Just look at what you've done to yourself, ####***.

Highly Reactive vs. Reflective. There's your sign.

The handwriting is on the wall.

Everything triggers you now. Your eyes are wide open because you have reached the highest weight you've ever been in your life and NOW it's time to do something.

You will run roughshod over anything and anyone who gets your way. Talk to the hand because you're not willing to listen to the voices of reason. You're meaner than a skunk now but you're going to use that to catapult yourself through every dieting hack and overrestriction to get yourself back from abby normal to normal.

All the while you're doing this, you pinch yourself, slap your fat and you kick your own hindend. Ooooo, it's brutal, this Warning Phase.  The Danger Zone.

The bottomless pit has opened up and swallowed you, head first.

The side effects of seeking out every dieting hack and tool to distance yourself from obesity and overweight and overfat are more fear and self-loathing. 

If you find the right chemical combinations and just the right diet, the curse and spell will finally be broken.

You will be perfect. Oooooo, just give us another oil boom and fast weight loss and this time, I promise not to throw it all away.

143271-stardust-circus-lion.jpg

This time, I'll be able to manage it.  I'll buy new clothes and throw all of the old ones out.  I'll look into the mirror and like what I see.  Just give me that food hack and diet. Now.

Felicias.  If dieting actually worked, it would only take one diet, one time to fix overweight, overfat and obesity.

You would never have need of another diet again in your life if you could find the perfect diet.

This one brutally strict dieting phase would fix your brain and body, tiney hiney...for the rest of your life.

You'll never look back when you get to your Dream Weight.  It is your ticket to Paradise.

2b1451e0346f16c3f697ad2aeadf231a--shelte

Discover who you really are.

Sit down with someone. Face-to-Face.

Face your fears and pain. Face your self-loathing and self-rejection.

You're going to have to get down to the roots of food addiction if you want to Shawshank It.

Food Prison vs. Food Freedom Forever

You have to know that you're actually locked up before you can set the captive free.  You.

1415421203468_wps_91_A_former_circus_lio

Don't give up on yourself. Never lose hope. Keep the faith.

Don't be cruel to yourself. Doing things you never wanted to do in the first place and all in the name of weight loss.

Temporary fast weight loss is amazing. Until it isn't.

Elvis has left the building. Let's get him on the phone.

One second's lapse in attention can take a person's life. One.

One lapse in attention can cause a Food Addiction Relapse.

The mind falls back into the Unconscious Mode = Mindless Eating.

RELAPSE

One lapse in attention.

The weight doesn't instantly shoot UP.

It goes slow enough to allow the mind games and huge rationalization to adjust in slow increments.

Unconscious, mindless eating.

We convince ourselves to accept what was previously unacceptable about our diminishing state of health.

The Brain Weight is chemical, it's biological, it's driven by the appetite control center which is located in the brain and not the stomach.

The Brain Weight is a Master Controller.  It will literally drive you down to the ground and see to it that you eat it all back.

This is the side effects of dieting and temporary fast weight loss. You can't outrun it.

Every time you put yourself through a brutal dieting phase, the Brain Weight optimum setpoint goes higher and higher and higher.

Your Dream Weight becomes totally out of reach. Imaginary. 

Constantly starting over and over and over again. Dieting every other month will ruin your metabolism for the rest of your life.

Every dieting phase will require that you further restrict your foods and calories, micros, macros, points to even brush up against what you did to yourself previously.

Non-stop dieting.  Eventually you will reach the point where everything you throw up against the wall and do in the name of weight loss will no longer work.

You can't talk the food addict or any addict out of anything they're doing to themselves until they WANT RECOVERY more than they NEED it.

That's just the hard, cold truth. You are talking to a wall until they hit the wall with massive rationalization and excuses.

Willpower and discipline won't fix addiction. You have to learn how to replace all of the destructive habits with positive new habits. Consistently.

This is a lifelong commitment.

Unconscious, mindless eating. It is so deceptive. You have to actually know what it feels like to understand it.

You don't actually feel anything. You are so numbed out with food, self-medicating yourself with food that all of the while you are eating all of the things....

Driven to eat large quantities of food and you cannot quit...all you are thinking about is your next hit of food.

Salty or sweet. Savory or sour. Whopping boatloads of multi-crap are on the agenda. Alternating between wild swings, UP and down with your weight, cray cray cycles all during a day's time of getting your hands on every deliberately engineered to be craved form of multi-crap to fill a hole that can never be filled.

There aren't enough binges in the entire world that will ever fill this deep hole.  Then you will start calling yourself by mean, ugly names...Bottomless Pit.

The Unconscious Mindless Eating Mode is the cruelest form of punishment.

Not one single time does the body and mind step in to stop this nightmare.  Remember that.  They're enabling the Brain Weight in every way possible, the appetite control center that is totally out of sync, so out of whack and unbalanced because you started dieting at some point in your life. 

You overcompensated with temporary fast weight loss diets. Let the destructive cycles begin.

If the jeans still fit you must acquit but until you address that Unconscious Mindless Eating Mode, you will live to repeat your history for the rest of your life.

Time to get off the dreadmill. For good.

The Unconscious Mindless Eating Mode is a cruel taskmaster.

You have to take full responsibility for it. Regardless if it's chemical, genetic, biological, illogical, harsh and savage.

TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS.

Don't become friends with anything that can take your life. That includes food addiction.

Warning Signs of Food Addiction Relapse

The brain is gearing UP to help you eat it all back, falling back into all of the old patterns.

Anxiety, anger, agitated. Everything and everyone ticks you off.

There's a shift in your attitude.

You're moving away from taking responsibility and heading towards blame and making excuses for yourself.

Ooooo, don't be so hard on yourself. You're headed for a Relapse.

Self-Pity = Strong indicator that you're already in the throes of a full blown food addiction relapse.

The Self-Pity Phase is the strongest indicator that you're setting up all of the justifiable reasons for a Relapse.

Craving cycles quickly turn into out-of-control cycles and you externally justify all of your emotions by eating all the things and falling back into all of your food triggers.

Food Sober trumps Food Addiction.

Don't let anyone take control of your nutritional decisions. Ever.

Don't become friends with anything or anyone who can take your life.

Don't give unsolicited advice to a food addict or any addict who doesn't want it. It's a waste of breath and time.

An addict convinced against their will is of the same opinion still.

Archived