Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love doesn't set people free.

The truth sets people free.

Be bold. Speak the truth in love.

When you speak the truth in love there will be immediate pushback and blowback while running the race.

Running up into the grandstands and arguing with all of the spectators, you may win the argument but you will lose the race.

You can't begin to pushback against all of the criticism without suffering more rejection or feelings of defeat that will get you nowhere good.

You don't need to defend yourself against criticism of others. 

We don't judge success by how many people are floating downstream.  Even the dead fish float downstream.

No. Felicias.  We judge success by who's swimming upstream against the current and the spectators standing on the banks throwing words around will get you off of the race track.

While they're busy chasing symptoms for the rest of their life, you're making your way upstream.  Now hopefully, after all of your hard work there won't be a grizzly bear waiting for you. Chomp chomp.

We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Much Love. Felicias.  Much Love.

Grizzly-Bear-Catching-Salmon-in-Falls.jpg

alaska+2.jpg?format=750w

brown-bear-eating-salmon-image-17202-703498.jpg

Chasing symptoms.

The symptoms you're getting from your body may be so subdued and faint that you don't even recognize them anymore.

That's what dieting,  binge eating and a food addiction does to your body cues. The signals are gone.

Listening to your body cues? Whatchu talkin' bout Willis! I don't have any. 

Symptoms are the body's ways of telling Houston that you have a problem on your hands.

Hormonal imbalances = sleep disturbance, fatigue, weight gain, difficulty concentrating, anxiety...you've got to get to the root cause. 

Should you just give up and throw the towel in.  

Every diagnosis carries with it new signs and smoke signals of disease in one stage or another. 

Corresponding symptoms with the corresponding disease and prognostication.

With a tanked thyroid or pancreas in the diseased state, there may not be any symptoms until it's too late. Silent symptoms. Stealth bombers. 

Bouncing in and out of your positive food management plan won't get you well. You'll spend the rest of your life chasing symptoms without finding wellness.

Managing symptoms is not the same as wellness.

There comes a time in your lifetime when you make one decision. It only takes one day and one decision. You have to mean it with everything in your being.  

Don't let anyone or anything deter you. Keep swimming up upstream against the current. 

Momentum is a gift.  I don't take it for granted. 

If a salmon is willing to make the trip all alone, so am I. A fish brain? Fish and all creatures great and small are far smarter than we give them credit for.

Fish. Fish. Fish.

Never underestimate a fish. Or eating fresh fish and seafood. Does their life force transfer over to yours? 

I think so. I give thanks for all of the fishes in the rivers, streams and oceans. They make my life a living promise of hope for the future. 

GAFP_1502_P379_CA_1.jpg

Love doesn't set people free.

The truth sets people free.

Do you think it's normal to go through the rest of your life with chronic bad breath?

Are you really listening to your body cues?

This is not an oral hygiene problem. All of the brushing, flossing and scraping of the tongue that you can do is not enough to overcome this.

Do you have a metabolic case of nasty bad breath on your hands. Time to get the cluegun.

Chasing symptoms.  It's a body cue.

Listening to your body cues.

The diabetic knows what that off kind of breath means.

But elective bad breath as the result of no carb/extreme low carb dieting is something you need to reconsider.

Oooo, you can try to cover it up but you can't mask the fundamental handwriting on the wall other than by changing the way you eat. Introducing some good carbs.

Suxing herbs, spices, gum, sugar-free lozenges won't fix it either.  Sugar-free products are loaded to the gills with carbs and sugars.

Your body can't tell the difference between real sugar, upside down sugars or something really artificial.

Got metabolic bad breath? Your dentist can't fix it either.

Image result for Cher mermaids cheese ball pick me ups memes

Mrs. Flax and food. The word is hors d'oeuvres. Fun Finger Foods is her main source and that's all the woman cooks. Anything else she says is too much of a commitment. What is this? 

Cheeseball pick-me-ups, accompanied by minature franks and for dessert, marshmellow kabobs. 

Balance is everything.

You are what you eat eats. The average age of the remaining farmers and ranchers still operating is now 58 yrs old.  Do you know where your food comes from.  What will you eat when they're gone.  The younger ones are not following in their legacy or footsteps. They're leaving the farm and the land is being turned into McMansions. 

You have to be able to make a profit and when you're barely breaking even, it's hard to make a go of it.

There's meat and seafood we won't eat. We want to know where it comes from and what's been done to it.

Increased regs, paperwork means less time with livestock and fields. Less available land, increasing taxes, commodity prices in flux. 

Demanding hours and diminishing returns in revenue. We hear it. We see it. 

Do you ever wonder what would happen within a couple days time if the trucks don't run, the shelves are bare, no packaged convenient food. What would you do. 

There paleo and pretty paleo. They're 58 yrs old now. Worn out.

They say that history repeats itself and there's really nothing new under the sun.

Do you remember the first Thanksgiving Dinner? I don't know how much is imaginary and truth but if there's any truth to it, history could repeat itself.

It could be Thanksgiving Dinner up in here all over again. 

You know how everyone takes my food and I share. Well, I'd share again. We don't hoard food and we share with our neighbors and family.  Bear is just that way.

He loads up wildgame and wild fishes for the widows and children of the fatherless. He makes sure their freezers have food.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. We'd have to teach 'em how to fish and hunt. Smoke the fish and BBQ, all of those things.

A country boy can survive. A paleo woman can, too. 

We'd share until all of it was gone.  Isn't that the way?

Love your neighbor as you love yourself.  Otherwise, you're not really worth two hoots.  

Compassion and connection starts at home.  Tiny steps for tiny feet. Start thinking of ways to help yourself and others. Thanksgiving Dinner is just a few months away.

Initially burning and taking in 2,000 calories a day - after months or years of chronically taking in less calories and doing more exercise (just as everyone in the fat loss industry tells you to do), you find yourself with a slower metabolism

A body that now takes in and burns only 1,400 or 1,500 calories per day. For WLS patients, even going above 700 calories aday can cause rebound weight gain.

90% of the participants on a major weight loss show gained back all the weight they lost during the show with metabolic slowdown. 

Start off burning 2,000 calories each day, then from all the dieting and exercise you’re doing—your metabolism slows further. It's why many continually spin their wheels in a cycle of losing and rebounding with the same 10, 20, or 30 pounds in a year's time..

About 5% of people on non surgical weight loss programs can keep off the weight. With weight loss surgery it's only 7% even with more invasive procedures like the gastric bypass. Many weight loss surgery surgeons don't expect patients to keep off any more than half their excess weight on the long run.

I know a person who regained 100 of the 200 lbs initially lost with their gastric bypass and they couldn't for the world, take it off, even with diet and exercise. Apparently their metabolism had been so damaged that eating anything more than 700 calories a day, caused a gain.

How many people would agree to major surgery like weight loss surgery if they knew it would mean a lifetime of dieting and exercise as well as supplements, B12 shots, possible iron infusions, frequent doctor visits and more... and then, to only lose 50 percent of what they initially wanted to lose (for most patients)? 

How many people would agree to a gastric bypass if they knew that they had a chance, even a small one, of getting a seizure disorder afterward or reactive hypoglycemia?

How many people would agree to a gastric sleeve surgery  if they knew it called for the removal of 90 percent of their stomach, leaving a pouch the size of a thumb and that if they had any acid in their stomach, they might easily get an ulcer which could quickly ruin the stomach and require the removal of the rest of their stomach or else if they had no acid in their stomach, it could cause all kinds of things including auto-immune disorder because of "leaky bowel" syndrome where bacteria from the food eaten is not killed and instead, recirculated into the bloodstream?

How many people would go into a major surgery even with a lower death risk if they really thought they might be the one to die? As for those surgeries like gastric bypass where the risk of death is much higher (1 in 50 in some studies), how many people would choose this procedure being fully aware of the death risk?

And finally, how many would agree to surgery if they knew they might not die right away but instead become ill, or require additional surgery like losing their colon from sepsis due to perforation (a sometimes repercussion of laparoscopic surgery) or lose their ability to walk?

http://suethsayings.blogspot.com/2011/01/dying-from-elective-surgery.html

University Hospital in Sweden, contributes knowledge about what is without doubt the greatest challenge to anyone attempting to lose weight: how to reduce rebound weight gain and maintain the lower body weight after the weight loss phase.

"The body has several defense mechanisms against weight loss, such as increased hunger, lower energy metabolism and relapse back to old habits," says research team member Dr Erik Hemmingsson. "If the problem of rebound weight gain didn't exist, obesity would be relatively easy to treat. There have been several possible methods to facilitate long-term weight control over the years, and now the database was large enough to make a systematic evaluation of existing studies."

Binge Eating is an escape from Self-Awareness.

Sliding back off the goose into a pile of dieting. 

If dieting really worked...it would only take one.

Only one diet would be the answer to all of your problems. One time.

Don't confuse comfort with happiness.

Keep your WHY close by.

It's 3 years down the road.  What's changed.  

I still cannot touch HFCS.  None. Zero. Zip. Nadda. 

Bread blows me UP like a toad.  Immediately. 

I don't give a rat's arse if it's alternative flours like rice or tapioca or gluten free wheat or gluten free anything, it all has the same effect. 

Falling back into bowls of pasta would be an absolute nightmare. Have I tested the sugary sharky waters and the flour infested bakery items, you darned right I have.

Have I ventured away from the original rules.  Yes.  I have.

Nothing ventured.  Nothing gained.

There is no easy way out that you won't pay for later. Choices and consequences.   

I've completed enough diagnostic testing on myself to know that corn, wheat along with the gluten is a total marsher of mellows.  Will that change after 3 years?  Ooooo, hail noooo.

White rice is sooo starch-to-sugary and I don't bother with it either.

What about legumes.  Yes, on occasion.  I cannot do pinto beans, ever.  

The beans have to be soaked overnight before they're cooked or no bueno beano.  

Do sugars in sauces matter. Ahhhh, hail yes.  Most of them have corn syrup in one form or another.  Can't touch those.  

Commercial breads have corn syrup.  Highly engineered to be craved foods and finely tuned snacks have sneaky snake corn syrups.

There are many, many things I can eat.  I can do plain full fat greek yogurt and full fat cottage cheese.  Not every day.  Aged cheeses, too.  Aged parmesan and the like. 

Those fancy frozen yogurt places...ask for the ingredients. They're usually loaded to the gills with some form of corn syrup. Those really artificially sweetened ones, don't touch those either.

Artificial sweetners.  Your body can't tell the difference between them and real sugar.  

The root word of diet is die.  I don't touch diet foods or diet drinks with artificial sweetners.  Ever.  

I have an immediate reaction.  My gut swells UP like a horse that's foundered.  Sugarfree gum, one of the worst.  Two or three pieces of that and it takes more than 24 hours for the stomach ache and bloat to go away.

I stay in my own lane and know where my boundaries are.  I'm not responsible for what the other cats drag home.  I treat their choices with respect.  I don't rant and rave and carry on, acting nuttier than fruitcake about their decisions.  Free will. They're a free agency.

Remember, you don't raid your coworkers lunches at the office or take their things.  That's good adulting - code of ethics.  Even children don't take their peers lunches out of the lockers.

Learn where your boundaries are. Maintain and manage yourself with class, ethics and good common horse sense.

I simply don't bring the offenders home and that takes care of it.  

I can go out anywhere at any time with others.  Anywhere.  Nobody puts baby in a corner.  I am not easily tossed to and fro with every wind of dieting doctrine or tempted by others.

They don't have to live in my body.   

I am not phased by their choices.  I can look them directly in the eye. They're leaverites.   

That bread shows up on the table,  I don't have to bring it home and fight with it.   

My positive food management plan is not a battle of the wills. I don't use food as something to fight with and then get uppity or self-righteous because I'm WINNING the battle.

Stay humble.

Pride comes before the fall.

Remember.  A dog will look down when he's done wrong but a snake will look you right in the eye.

You're going to have to look those sneaky snakes right in the eye.  Don't blink.  Don't wince.

This can all come undone in the blink of an eye.  If you think not, that's why only 5% of dieters can keep the weight off.  5%

I am persistent and consistent.  I don't bounce in and out of my plan like a swinging saloon door.  I know where the perimeters are and stay mostly in the outer lanes around the grocery store, too.  Real food in real amounts.  The fresher the better. 

Be a watchman on the wall.  Keep your eyes wide open and your WHY nearby.   

Much Love. Felicias.  Much Love.   

Image result for a dog will look down when he's done wrong but a snake will look you direclty in the eye

Your trial of faith is more precious than gold.

On the first part of the journey, my memory of loved ones was the engine that motivated me every single day.  

At some particular point,  I had to start doing it for me.

Body. Mind. Spirit.

Body and Mind, those two nitwits aren't all that helpful. My spirit is the best part of me. 

My spirit has faith for miracles. A testing of faith produces perseverance. 

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.

Fat is not a feeling.  Faith is not a feeling. 

When my back is up against the wall, faith is all I have. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 

I actually believed I could change my life in unexpected ways.  That takes faith. 

Walk by faith and not by sight.  Let your faith rise.

You're somewhere in the future and look and feel much better than you do right now.  Your faith is going to take you there. 

Is this not the path that was chosen to set the captive free.  The captive was me.  I was held captive by a food addiction for years and years.  

Faith is a strong tower. Be a watchman on the wall. Don't let anyone or anything deter you.  You do not have to be held back by the stats of those who keep dropping like flies.

Noooo. Felicias.   Kind words are sweet to the soul and health for the body.

You can speak outloud to the offenders, too.  Tell them to just shut the hail UP. Step aside because you're coming through this and everything that gets thrown your way.

You're in it for the long haul and you are a long distance winner.

The "Pusher" can be your grandmaw, coworkers, clients, strangers and fair weather friends.

Never let anyone take control of your nutritional decisions. Ever.

By staying strong you will gain respect.

You have to stand your ground and be firm. Don't tell lies or fibs.

They will always come back to bite you in the royal hineyness.

Always tell the truth.

Don't make up imaginary medical conditions to get someone off your back. You will lose trust from others and it will make you feel like a fraud.

Just stand UP and call it like it is. 

You don't have to blather on and foam at the mouth. Going into big lengthy excuses and rationalization.  Shorter is better.

Tell them you're not touching that food or drink for 30 days - or you're not touching it anymore. Period.

They don't have to live in your body.

The alcoholic goes through this every single day but they absolutely have to remain strong for their recovery.

Be nice but super firm with the "Pusher". 

If you can't get the Pusher to stop, you will have to avoid them in the future.

If you want Food Addiction Recovery or any recovery to stick, your old haunts will no longer serve you.

You can't run after the bakery truck and lick the tires as it goes by. 

Chronic Food or Drink Rewards, allowing others to push them down your gullet....you'll lose control of the thing that makes recovery a reality.

Chronic Food or Drink Rewards.

While you're out at the bar, do you take drinks from strangers?  That might get you nowhere good. For real.

Do you pick up perfect strangers alongside the road and put them in the car with your kids?

If you wouldn't pick up a hitch-hiker along the road..why would you invite perfect strangers off of the internet into your home?

I wouldn't.  That's some can't fool myself realism.

A grizzly bear is true to his nature. I've been face-to-face with a grizz. It sticks with you for an entire lifetime.

You can't let anyone take control of your car, your life or your recovery.  Alcohol, substances or food.

That's just the hard cold truth.

I have friends in low and high places.  You do, too.  You know them. You've made an actual connection.

It only takes one decision and one day to turn your life around.

Are you willing to throw it all away for someone else's tongue that's been slapping their brains out with food and alcohol rewards?

I don't put hitchhikers into my vehicle and  I don't allow anyone to grind me down until I give in to their demands.

Choices and Consequences.

Don't confuse comfort foods with happiness.  All this matters for the food addict who wants recovery more than cake.

All baked goods, no matter what the formation consist of three ingredients.  Sugar, Flour and Fat.  That's it.

Truck Stop T-Shirt - Blake SHelton

I'm ordering this t-shirt today. I will wear it around the house. Bear will say...if you like him so darned much I can always put you on a greyhound bus and you can just go live with him. big smile2 smiley

Yes, it will give him a lil pinch but that's alright. Healthy competition is good medicine.   

Masking and suppressing symptoms is not healing.

Physical or emotional.

You can't fix a broken brain with a broken brain.

You can't solve a problem with the same mindset that caused the problem.

Think with your heart. Your spirit.

Archived