Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

I still want to be more like GR.  Braveheart.  He is a Scot.    Nobody puts Baby in a corner when he's around.  

I like Dirty Dancing and the WD30.   JG said she does get it quite often when entering a restaurant,  'we'll be sure not to put you in a corner table'...because nobody puts Baby in a corner.  black-eye1-smiley.gif?1292867556

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stats collected over 20 years revealed that 78% of breakfast skippers rebound with every single pound that was released.  

Chronic inflammation and poor gut health knock your digestive system out of whack and blunt weight releasing.   When the bad bugs are in control,  you have uncontrollable cravings and continually feeding the bugs sugar continues to keep weight releasing from happening.  

Even if you have some temporary weight releasing but do not fix the gut health, inflammatory biomarkers/biochemicals are stored in belly fat cells and will continue to cause weight gain.  Bouncing in and out of treating yourself with sugar sugars, upside down sugars, high fructose everything will keep the belly fat cells in a state of unwellness.  It also makes rebound weight gain and wild swings UP and down par for the course.

Good dietary fats are healers and fermented foods/booch stop the nightmare. If you're constantly hungry for sugar,  healing your gut is very important to avoid rebound weight gain. 

Just losing weight doesn't heal the gut.  You have to stop the bad bug sugar feeding frenzy.  When you drive out the bad bugs,  you can have some peace with food.  Abby normal cravings will cease to drive you cray cray.  

My positive food management plan does not involve eating desserts here and there.  I don't care about them anymore.   It took many months to heal my gut.  It was loaded to the gills with those bad bugs and I had to smother them with good dietary fats.  

I kissed them good-bye. Bye Felicias.  They made me sick and I can't let them back in whenever they feel like it because they're bossy and will try and take control.  Again.   

Those gut-bombs got me nowhere good.  

Houston, I don't really want to rain on your parade.  But drinking alcohol everyday - your body registers alcohol as toxic.  It slows down your entire metabolic process.  Drinking every day slows the body's fat burning abilities by 75%.  

Drinking hard alcohol everyday, thinking you can skate by and trick the pancreas is an imaginary zero carb activity.  There's a reckoning with the pancreas.  It has a lifespan.

When it's done, it's over.  For good.

Alcohol has sugars, too.  Could be poor gut health jacking up your cravings for alcohol/sugar.   You can get by with it occasionally but every day,  it's going to cause rebound weight gain in a rapid way.  Craft beers, oooo heck-a-toot yes.  

And another thing that causes rebound weight gain relapse -   Ignoring your proteins. Proteins keep your muscle mass from breaking down and turning your metabolic rate into a turtle on its last legs. 

Drifting in and out of rewarding myself with sugars in any form doesn't mean that much to me. I've worked so hard to get my gut health back in order. 

I think through my choices because I know what the consequence and pain of relapse and eating it all back feels like.  Check. Check.  

Protein and fat.  STAT.

When Bear gets home, I'll be using my new frickity frick frick shocking vocabulary. 

If you're all stressed out, let a few rip.  Really.  It's far better than shoving your emotions down with food.  And I think you do get better results when you're being boisterous and rowdy. Cowgirl UP. 

As always, Meadowlily, I enjoy your straight shooting, straight from the heart writing, and I'm glad to hear of your expanded vocabulary. You have to have all the words at your disposal. I've borrowed heck a toot from you, by the way. Good one.

I promised myself that I would hang my irrigating boots up at dark thirty.  Here it is almost midnight and I've been using all of the words I can think of out there in the dark, stumbling and bumbling around.  This is one heckuva rodeo.   My crapOmeter is on full tilt.  I've had enough happy horsesheet for one day.   I'm  managing my adrenal flow but no sprout of tender years should be within hearing range. 

Time for the cluegun.  Start at the crack of dawn.   :P 

Hi Meadow and Hutlifr

Happy I stopped by this thread. I always love reading Meadow's words.

Hutlifr - I also need W30 for the heart.  The pain is never ending and unbearable. 

The last month has been horrible for me.  I was sick and in hospital for a week - same hospital that Steve died in.  Mom very sick, fell at a rehab/skilled nursing home, had brain bleed (2 areas of brain) so transferred to this hospital since it has a trauma unit.  I HATE this hospital so much.  It is a constant reminder of losing the most important love of my life (not that I don't think about Steve all the time). 

Don't want to post too much that is non W30 related but wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Laurie,  I've been thinking about you for days.  I'm glad you've dropped by.  We need something "extra special" beyond "Likes".   We need understood and appreciated and "extra special" and "I care". 

"I like" doesn't cover all of the bases but you get my continental drift.  I am so sorry to hear about your Mom.  Falling and nursing homes.  It crushes me.   I can't stand it when our elders fall and hurt themselves.  OMG.  I sob in my car after I leave nursing homes and hospitals and care centers. 

Taking care of our elders and tender sprouts takes an extra special person.  That would be you.

I did not go on the fishing vacation because of caregiving responsibilites.  I've traveled the world as a singleton.  All across Europe, Canada and I've been to every state I've ever wanted to see.  I did that.

My heart belongs to Daddy  and Mom.  I wouldn't enjoy a single minute leaving them behind.  They need me.  My husband needed to go and enjoy himself.  He doesn't want to leave them behind either but I'm happy that he's fishing for the Big Kahunas. 

Together is my favorite place to be.  I've never had a babysitter in my life.  If my folkaronies couldn't take us along, they didn't go.   They were there for me and now, I'm there for them.  It is my job without paid vacations or any salary.  There are alot of perks because as my aunt told me,  I will never ever regret this time we've had together.

She's soooo right.  It is soooo worth it.  I have memories and conversations that are mine for the rest of my life.   Hutlifr and you, Laurie,  have been through some incredibly tough things.  We're all still here and catching the curveballs.

I'm no longer shoving all of my emotions down with food so I feel everything.   There are days I feel like a plucked chicken or one of those plastic balloon business mascots blowing in the wind.  Come back anytime.   The answers, my friend, are blowing in the wind.   When BoB Dylan wrote that I bet he never imagined that some things haven't changed 50 years down the road.

All things old become new again.  

All things W30 become young again.  We may get knocked down a few notches but dang it, we're giving it all we've got to give. 

Lookin' good in the neighborhood.   Good looks aren't everything and beauty is only skin deep.  I have some good lookin' relatives and some...not so much.   But let me tell you, the ones that have deep creases in their faces from way too much time in the harsh sun at high elevations and scars from skin cancer removals...they're beautiful to me. 

I think about my time in small office cubicles.  Good lookers did rise to the top and those extra tall ones. It's true that tall people are seen as natural born leaders.  Beautiful people do get perks that homely people do not.  Not because they deserve it or that they have brains and brawn but simply because our culture values perfect bodies and faces. 

Ooooo,  I've know what it feels like not to have people look at you because of your weight. Ayup.  It's true.  They gloss over your face and body.  Next.  

They make snarkalicious remarks, snarklings.  They do.  Within hearing range and they really hurt your feelers.  It's remarkable that we can remember every single ugly thing and forget all of the whopping boatloads of compliments in our lifetime.  

It's always easier to believe the ugly stuff.   We take that in and it wounds the heart.  Wounds of the heart are the hardest to heal.  They're so deep.  

I used to have some superficial values when choosing a 'boyfriend',  rather silly word for a potential mate.  I went for the tallest and good lookin' ones.   That was goofy because almost all of them ended up being a disappointment.   

It wasn't them, it was me projecting this image of perfection onto them.  It didn't even exist.  I'd still like to kick everyone of them in the rearend.   But that's me.  Again.    They let me down but I let myself down.  Looking at outward appearances is human nature.  Even babies are attracted to beauty.  I've watched those programs. 

I remember something that ducks wrote a long time ago about pretending to being happy being obese. I was not happy.  I was hiding from people all of the time.  I look back on all of the community events and get togethers I avoided.   I know I would do it all over again,  hide out in the Hole-In-The-Wall with Butch and Sundance.  

I still avoid the people who used to hurt my feelers.  I'm working on it.  I can't say that I really miss them.   

9d4ed3140dc163e6037bfeb2f2b2ea29.jpg

One day, I think "cool sculpting" will take over the world.  They'll perfect that handy dandy device and it will remove all of the fat cells off of bodies.   

I don't know if that's the easy way out without weigh and whey.  Is there really such a thing as the easy way out.  If there is, someone please point me in that direction.   

Direction is more important than speed.  I think I probably learn everything the hard way. 

I would like to hold a Dustup Conference and invite my old boyfriends.  One by one,  I would bring them into my office for a dust buster.   When I finished telling them what I really thought about them, I would then take it to heart and realize they are mirrors of what I wanted them to be.  

d491cc2a1bf6018aab5be5c3fa77703e.jpg

I've been carrying each of them around for a long time.  They became a real burden to bear and far too heavy.  I was force feeding them by proxy and stuffing all kinds of multi-crap down their gullets.  They didn't feel or absorb a single thing.   They've been living their best lives without me.   

05b35310b171cceb19e3901665c5aebd.jpg

It probably gives me the biggest pinch that they've never given me a single thought ever again.  I'm sure of it.  I want to give each of them a piece of mind but I wouldn't have anything left.  Like a Robin mother who works so darned hard to feed her children and then they fly off, thankless lil buggers and worm eaters.  The robin moves onto her next batch of kids.  She works so hard all of the days of her life and those thankless brats forget all about her. 

And that's exactly like nursing homes, carecenters and hospitals.   

Ducks was all about the chores and working hard around the house.  I'm doing that on a daily basis. Chores keep your hands busy and you can still think, whistle while you work.  I have to think now because I used to just keep eating to avoid thinking about anything.   Overeating stopped me from thinking.  

Overthinking is better than setting your hair on fire.  Nitwittery may abound but it's all fun.  Really.  

The hurly burly of daily living keeps me going and W30.    I've irrigated and watered this thread in honor of W30 devotees.  You might think I would not have one single ounce of anything left but that's not true.

Geez Louise,  I do blather and foam at the mouth.  But I haven't shared any of these things with anyone for years,  maybe ever. 

I'm using my snarkasaurus and giving you snarktistics but mostly,  just giving you my lurve, and wishing all snarklings success.  Bye Felicias.   There's more chores to do. 

All things old become new again.

All things W30 become young again.

Many moons ago, it's encouragement like this that helped me get here today.

"I was at work today and one of my coworkers is morbidly obese. We were talking and the subject of weight loss came up and he was asking me what I was doing to make the weight come off. I told him about the program and that I had lost 34 pounds since January! He said, "me losing 34 pounds would be like the Titanic losing a deck chair!" and laughed. Although it was a humorous analogy, I told him that it would be a start in the right direction. I didn't want to be too stern, but I told him that he was barely 30 years old and with his health and eating habits, he would be lucky to see 40. He explained he had always been a bad eater and heavy. I told him that it could be just as easy to say one day, "I USED to be a bad eater and heavy!" He asked me to help him get ready to start by the end of August. He's in!"

And this one written by Suzy on the forum, Jan 23, 2013.

I'm sorry but this was the deepest point of despair, the darkness before the dawn, that helped me search for health instead of being ok with being sick.... This woman is a life coach for obese women. She says that it's ok to be fat. It is NOT okay to be fat. Being obese is your body's way of telling you that your lifestyle is WRONG for you. She says to love yourself, you have to give up. I say to love yourself, sometimes you have to change yourself. The thing that helps the most is realizing that certain foods out there are addictive, like sugar and flour, and getting away from them will give you a clarity you've never experienced before.

There's so many motivational posts and articles. Find the ones that get you UP and Going. Search the backroads of this forum and encourage yourself.  It doesn't matter if you're all alone in this.  Most of your choices are made while you are alone.

Practice.  Practice.  Practice. 

They say, whoever they are that living well is the best revenge.  I don't do revenge or an eye for an eye.

An Eye for an Eye leaves everybody blind.

I choose to forgive and set my will to forgive.   Somedays, that might be every day but I don't believe there's anything about eating 3 whole meals aday that has ever made me anything but a better person.  

You know what really makes you mean and nasty,  eating all the things or not eating.  The wrong things, sugar sugars, upside down sugars and high fructose everything.   Those are the canaries that kill the cat and leave it choking and sputtering for every breath.  

Too many sweet and sugar filled canary food rewards.  Urge surfing is something  I practice, practice, practice.   

I had a dream last night like the ones I had during my Whole 30.   An intense, vivid dream.  Highly symbolic and open for interpretation.  I don't want this one to come true.  Nuh huh.  There are warning dreams that keep you on your toes.   

I'm wide, wide awake today,  at my sentry post like a watchman on the wall.   Everyone matters.  Choose to forgive.   I can,  I will and I do.   

Forgiving others.  The side effect is weight releasing from heavy burdens.   I'm not kidding. When we choose to forgive, all of the insulated walls come down.   Just making the choice to forgive is the first step.  Everything else will fall into place. 

At home where the buffalo roam.

MN-AJ328_PRIVPR_J_20150604150959.jpg

Those who've released a great deal of weight with dieting or WLS can turn to drinking as a food addiction replacement.  Binge Drinking.   

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160706175319.htm

No one ever seems to go for 'just one drink'.

And scientists claim to have discovered the reason why.

According to a new study, the human brain contains particular neurons, called D2, that tell us to stop drinking. 

But problematically, D2 neurons tend to become deactivated when we drink too much alcohol, the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine study concludes. 

This deactivation means we drink more, in a self-perpetuating cycle. 

And according to lead author Professor Jun Wang, binge drinking balanced out by a dry spell only serves to weaken these neurons.

They found that  repeated cycles of excessive alcohol intake, followed by abstaining from alcohol, changed the strength of these neuronal connections.

In others words, regular binge drinking separated by dry spells actually trained the brain to crave drinking. 

"The trouble is, even in individuals without alcoholism, D2 neurons tend to become deactivated when we drink too much. This deactivation means there is nothing telling us to stop drinking, so we drink more, in a self-perpetuating cycle.

The researchers found that repeated cycles of excessive alcohol intake, followed by abstaining from alcohol, actually changed the strength of these neuronal connections, making D2 signals less powerful--which results in essentially training the individual to seek alcohol.

"Think of the binge drinking behavior," Wang said. "Essentially they are probably doing the same thing that we've shown leads to inhibition of these so-called 'good' neurons and contributes to greater alcohol consumption."

Eating broccoli is the key to good eyesight and curbing loss of vision, a new study claims.

The green vegetable contains a compound called indole-3-carbinol (I3C).

During tests, researchers have found a highly potent concentration of the property could be used to treat age-related macular degeneration, the leading cause of vision loss.

It is the latest piece of good press for broccoli: recent studies have also touted the vegetable as preventative treatment for lymphoma, metastatic cancer, breast cancer and prostate cancer.

In eyes, I3C activates AhR, a receptor protein which drives chemical detoxification in the retina.

AhR declines with age, but it is crucial for keeping eyes clear and healthy.

Broccoli-poodle-cooking-kids-walmart-new

Broccoli and Carrots.  Two vege that help remove all of the ugly kinds of multi-crap out of your cells and arteries.  My night vision has greatly improved.   Throw your sweet potatoes and yams into the mix, you will have super powers.  

You can find raw shredded organic carrots that have not been washed in bleach at the store.  They're a great Grab-n-Go Whole 30 food added to your proteins.  Add your fave Italian meat sauce over shredded carrots and french cut green beans.  A nice quick breakfast, lunch or dinner.

getty-156032620-sweetpotatoesfry-Inga%20

I hopped on the carrot train to cray cray town....with some nitwittery and tiddlywinks thrown in for laughing and fun.

Many moons ago, I told the WD30 that sweet potatoes and yams are used to fatten up the livestock. That's true.  But I was mistaken that zero carbing would solve everything for me.

It didn't and it doesn't. So I threw that logic out with the bathwater two years ago.

I have concluded if any diet including zero carbing cured obesity and diabesity...why are the greatest number of people throughout history still obese and struggling with their weight month after month and year after year.

If any dialed down diet worked - there would be no obesity and no need for the next diet coming around the corner. People have been dieting for 150 years. See Banting's first popular diet. 

If zero carbing worked so well, why are people still searching for an effective way to release weight.  Why do we see those who do it rebound with every single pound and then some.

If the cure exists for a disease, then no one has the disease.

Recent snarktistics say that at lease 67% of us are heavy or obese. Eliminating all of the good carbs is not the answer.

If zero carbing and dieting works,  show me the money and proof a few years from now. If it has solved all problems, show me.  If it has stopped all binge and thrill eating, cured diabesity...show me. 

I no longer believe in restricting any good carb.  I won't ever do it again in my lifetime.

I eat good carbs 3Xday.  It's made all of the difference for me.  My hair is not falling out. My thyroid is working and I maintained my muscle mass and skin elasticity while I tooled along.

I did not drop 100 lbs like it was hot. I went Ooooo sooooo slowwww. 

I did it the way that TeeDee told me to do it and I'm still standing.  I haven't rebounded with a single pound.  Nadda.  I didn't need to have my digestive tract removed to fix the appetite control center which resides in my brain.  

I've had help and I asked for help.  Face-to-Face.  But the half has been told every day, don't remove your good carbs. You can stay fat adapted and still have them.  I'm fruit loose but reasonable about it.  Fruit has never been my problem.

I eat carrots because you won't believe what they do for your skin longterm. Your eyeballs. Carrots and every other vege I can get my hands on.  9 cups of vege aday keeps the diabesity away.  Frankly, snarklings, all vege kick diabetes in the hiney.  

I eat mostly plants.  All plants and proteins and good dietary fats.  Fish. Fish. Fish.  

It wasn't all easy but it was so worth it. I don't care about desserts. Never did.  My thriller was corn syrup in the form of gummy bears, licorice. Corn syrup. I was highly allergic to corn syrup as a kid.  We often go back to the scene of the crime.  The foods that you are highly allergic to may be the very ones today that you can't let go of.

Cake and cookies are not my dealio.  I don't care about those.  I stay away from corn syrup and it's made all of the difference for me.  

Archived