33 Weeks Pregnant and slimming down??

Hi All! 
I am on my 10th day of my first ever Whole30 and have really enjoyed/hated kicking my ben&jerry's habit!  I've been eating a lot of eggs, sweet potatoes, leafy greens, steak, chicken, TONS of veggies, and my favorite beef stew!  Drinking about 3 liters of water a day plus two cups of tea.  My dr is 100% in support of the Whole30 program but I am a little worried about losing weight.  I've lost several inches already and a couple pounds.  I eat three meals, no snacks and am full after every meal. Is it ok for baby if I am losing inches at this stage? Has anyone else started a whole30 in their third trimester? Thanks!

I think this would depend on how much weight you have gained so far in your pregnancy, and whether you were overweight before your pregnancy.  

If you have gained 30+ pounds already... then losing a couple of pounds should not be a big deal.  Many women gain an excess of weight during pregnancy and then really struggle to lose it.

If you started out underweight to begin with, and/or if you have not gained much weight during this pregnancy, then losing "several inches" in a matter of 10 days sounds alarming to me.

Really, really listen to your body on this one.  If you need snacks -- you snack.  If you need more calories at each meal, add some more fat.  If you feel stressed at all, low energy, irritable, are not sleeping well at night -- add a 4th meal in.  Only you know the answers to these questions.

I do agree that context matters and if your doctor isn't concerned then you are probably fine. 

We do recommend that pregnant and breastfeeding mom's eat 4 template meals a day. So it is possible you are not eating enough. I know Melissa said she would sip on a can of coconut milk all day. If you have not read her blog posts about her pregnancy they might be helpful to you.

Archived