feeling discouraged

carmenW30

Hi All,

I am on day 20. Had been feeling great, more energy, my clothes are looser, my anxiety has improved, but today we had a family birthday and well there were all the usual temptations (cake, appetizers, drinks etc) but that actually was not a problem. My problem was when we they ask to take pictures and when I looked at the pictures I just hate that I have let myself get this way and seeing everyone so healthy and thin just made me feel so out of place. I know I am on the road to getting healthy but I wish I would have done this sooner. I am sorry I am just not having a good day and needed to vent.

Anyone who has seen great improvement in any area has been exactly where you are now - discouraged with the present but doing the right thing for her future! Hugs and sympathy for your feelings today but I don't think you'll need them for long :)

And mostly, congrats on your Whole 30 progress, Carmen - on starting, on committing, on seeing the wonderful changes so far. You're on a great path and you can't believe some of what's ahead....

Also:

Please don't equate skinny with healthy.  These two things are not the same at all!  Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean that they are a model of health - sometimes their bodies just cover up unhealthy habits and function with a tiny package.

I'll _never_ be "skinny," but I aim to be healthy.  I aim to be able to work out, lift things, run regularly, and have enough energy to do the things I want in life.  That's the definition of "healthy" I'm aiming for.

(Don't get me wrong, this is still a mental work in progress.  I still look in the mirror sometimes and think "I'm so fat," but I'm trying to break myself of that.  I hope you can too!)

CarmenW30, I was less healthy when 'skinny' than I am now - and I didn't talk about my moodiness, cramps or crazy blood sugar because I thought it was normal!

"more energy, my clothes are looser, my anxiety has improved" - Day 20 sounds amazing -  I can't wait to get there!

Archived