September 8th, anyone?

booksandcoffee

Hi all!

Excited to start my second whole30 on Monday September 8th! 

I finished the first one only 3 weeks ago and miss it, since I am finding it difficult to decide on rules for myself. All in all it was very successful with no slips, but I am feeling ready to give it another go, and think I can do better this time with meal planning and following the template. I'm particularly excited since my husband now wants to join as well! 

Goals for my second whole30 include:

- Keep a food log! I was lazy about it the first time and really wish I had done it

- Stick to the template everyday, not just 'most days' 

- Keep fruit intake to less than 2 a day... for real this time

- No larabars!

Anybody starting on September 8th

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome msquoted! I think you will love it. When I tell myself it's just healthy eating! The first time round I just kinda winged it... and for the most part it went well but there were some days that I definitely just reached for emergency protein and veggies with no real plan. I was just proud with surviving without going off plan, but I think goals will help reap all the benefits. Honestly, off plan for only 3 weeks and I have missed my whole 30 every day. 

I'm going to start on Sept 8th as well.  I am going to commit to being prepared by then.  This is all new to me as tonight was the first I've heard of this diet. My daughter-in-law told me about it and I've been frantically reading all about it.  I always find I do better if I am accountable to someone. 

Hi!!

First time doing this. My fiance and I want to start on Monday, September 8th too. We're getting married in 6 weeks (eek) so this may not be the most convenient time to decide to do this, but oh well! I'm panicking a little about what I'm reading for how people feel like two or three days in. I hate headaches and feeling sick so I'm afraid I'll give up. I'm determined, so I hope everything goes well!!!

I would like to join you, if I may.

I just completed my first Whole30 on Tuesday. I lost 14lbs, went from size 16/18 to a 14 and felt amazing.

I already miss it and wanted to start again on Sunday after a planned fri/sat evening off plan with my hubby. But thinking about it I would be best prepping everything on Sunday ready to start Monday.

I have instagram if anyone wants to follow so we can check in on what we are eating, I will follow you too, just please post ur instagram name here. Mine is trimhealthymum

I use many recipes from Well Fed and Well Fed 2 and I have some staples from nom nom paleo.

This time around I want to focus on exercise too, I did some on my first go... Some walking most days and biking maybe 2 times a week. I want to do more biking and add some Piyo.

I work full time and have 2 kids, 6 & 11 and a big kid that I'm married to (lol) who don't want to give up rice or pasta but with real preparation I make it work. I'm just not sure where I'm going to fit in the exercise yet :/

I would love to join you guys! This will be my 3rd Whole 30. I was successful both times but fell off the wagon after swearing that I'd never go back. Kitchen renovation was the culprit this time. I literally have no space to prepare food. That coupled with a cancer reoccurrence Ina close family member have completely derailed me. Im at my highest (non pregnant) weight yet. I'm disappointed in myself, but I'm ready to take control back of my life. The forum has always kept me on track. It is completely supportive and keeps me accountable. I was even considering making it a whole 60 or Whole 90, if anyone is interested. My kids, 7 & 10 and my hubby (the big kid) have no interest interest in joining me. So I'm thankful to have you all!

Rkrzywda hey I'm SOOOO with you doing a whole60 or whole90, I was considering a whole 90 last night. If you want to be buddy's let me know. My kids are almost 7 and 11 and they as well as my hubby have absolutely no interest in doing this. I'm with ya sista!! Lol. We can check in each day here or more privately in other ways... email, txt or even a phone call here n there if you want. Up to you, but I'll be right here doing it with you anyway.

Hey everyone!

It's great to see everyone who is starting at the same time.  I also will be starting this Monday, Sept 8.  

I have never done the Whole30 and frankly, I am nervous.  I fear my eating habits are so engrained that it will be really challenging.  But I know I need and want a change.  So I here I am.

I am turning 33 in November.  My weight has always fluctuated and I have always been on the curvy/athletic side.  But I am finding myself 20 lbs above of what has been my normal heavy.  I am lethargic and feel so uncomfortable in my body.  Exercise and typical diets have not had any real or lasting effect.  I just ran my 6th half marathon last weekend and I was slower than my first.  I just don't feel good.  Further, I have always suffered from depression.  That seems to be more acute now, too.  I have been suffering from more frequent headaches.  It seems like a bottom and I am ready for change.

I am looking to examine my habits and how food effects my body.  I am hoping for a jump start to a healthier way of living and maybe find solutions to these issues.  I would love the support of the community since it's my first time doing this.  Thanks!

Hi, I would love to join you all!  I started today, Sept. 6th.  I tried this last year for a couple of weeks and it was great, I just couldn't stick to it because I caved to more enticing social activities like dining out and drinking adult beverages!  But I am recommitting and would love some company.  Looking forward to connecting with you all...

Just wanted to take a moment to encourage the first timers...

You CAN do this! Some important things that I've learned along the way:

- preparation is KEY to success. Prepare food ahead of time. Pack more food than you think you'll need for work. Having healthy food ready makes it harder to make bad choices.

- breakfast does not have to be Eggs. You'll find it really isn't weird at all to have dinner left overs for breakfast and it's so much more satisfying than cereal.

- read labels. One little slip up with an unapproved ingredient can send you right back to day one. Not fun.

- ENJOY! You will be amazed how good real food tastes, especially as you try new ways to cook them. Seriously... I never thought roasted Brussel sprouts would be one of my favorite foods.

- don't jump on the scale until the end. Seriously, it's counter-productive.

I look forward to this journey with you all!

I started menu planning today and got overwhelmed.  I don't want to eat the same thing over and over for 30 days.  But I also don't trust myself to make different options.  I liked the idea in the Well Fed books of doing a weekly cook-up- cooking protein, sautéing veggies- so they are easily accessible for packing lunches and heating up for dinner.  And trying with different whole30 approved sauces/spices to change the flavor.  I will be refining today and tomorrow before I head off for grocery shopping.  

Does anyone have any staples or suggestions?

I based about 90% of my first Whole30 off of those books. Definitely do the cook outs. It's so worth it. Oh and make a ton of the mayonnaise in there, it goes with anything and u can use it for a variety of sauces. I accidentally found my new favorite sauce by adding some pureed carrots to it and pouring over chicken. .. sounds a bit gross perhaps but my mind saw chicken a la vodka and everyone loved it lol.

The ground beef was a staple too. It's so easy and you can make loads of different dishes with it. I made about 4 lbs worth every week. Using different herbs and/oor sauces makes every dish different so u don't get tired of it

Hi

I failed on day 28 of my first (July) whole30 due to illness and I've been trying to follow the rules with numerous complete and utter disasters since!

I really need to buckle down again and I think tomorrow is a good day to start...especially as I have a fridge full of chicken, steak, veg and homemade mayo ;)

Hi! 

Starting my first "complete" Whole30 tomorrow as well! Just ordered the book it Starts with Food. Very excited to get started and see results. Really need to focus on not consuming too much fruit and slipping up and drinking red wine on the weekend. No vino for 30 days!!!

I''m starting a Whole60 tomorrow also. This will be my third Whole30 this year. I fell off the wagon nearly immediately each time after my prior attempts unfortunately, but I'm hoping to make it stick this time. I've bought my groceries, and I'm looking forward to trying new recipes from my paleo cookbooks including Well Fed 2.

I'm starting whole30 tomorrow as well... This isn't my first time. I made it over 60 days the first time around and I'm hoping to do that again this time. I like the idea of setting goals at the beginning...

- Keep a food log. I didn't do this the first time around but I do think it would be beneficial.

- Limit fruit to 2 per day.

- Drink 100 ounces of water per day.

- Exercise!

- No larabars.

Booksandcoffee, I borrowed a couple from you. You're just that good! :)

Archived